Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
giphy.gif

Said this a few time but think I’m actually set this time...

Def: Whitfield, Laird, Williams, Harmes, Milera, Jones (170/170)

Mid: Gaff, J Kelly, Duncan, Taranto, Hately, Phillips, Macrae, Downie (170/170)

Ruck: Witts, Preuss (Fullerton)

Fwd: Dunkley, Marshall, Phillips, Franklin, Cockatoo, Rowe (Mcreery, 170)

Utility - 180 or less

OK ....Interim PS Team

Feel Free to ripe it apart .....getting serious this year

View attachment 1047509
Balanced side but if you started a vote in that player X vs player X thread with,

Grundy & Phillips
Vs
Gawn & Ben Brown,
I reckon the first option would get all the votes.

Even if you're set on Gawn,
Gawn & Caldwell
Vs
Gawn & Brown.

With Marshall, Brown, Franklin & Xerri it's a tall fwd line so might be better with another mid in there and Brown would be the one I'd ditch.

Balanced side but if you started a vote in that player X vs player X thread with,

Grundy & Phillips
Vs
Gawn & Ben Brown,
I reckon the first option would get all the votes.

Even if you're set on Gawn,
Gawn & Caldwell
Vs
Gawn & Brown.

With Marshall, Brown, Franklin & Xerri it's a tall fwd line so might be better with another mid in there and Brown would be the one I'd ditch.
Franklin will be jettisoned ....was a fleeting thought

Brown too expensive in Fantasy v SC , where he's almost Rookie priced

Rev 2 for me, which I feel is too vanilla, but I don't want to lose Titch, Taranto or Young.
1611878710411.png

Love your uniques in Walsh, Zerrett, Simpkin and Gawn.

A bit of work to do with your rookies (placeholders).

Who do Brown and Franklin's draws look - will they score many goals to start the season?
Good question ....hoping PS games shed more light on Browns prospects .....Buddy, well he's for the scrapheap i'm afraid

OK ....Interim PS Team

Feel Free to ripe it apart .....getting serious this year

View attachment 1047509
Ok Mr Supercoach, here we go...

Backline is hard to fault. Here's hoping we actually get that many rookies which I'm dubious about.

Love the Petracca pick. He should only go up another level this year with more mid time. Although is always going to be the first tagged. I like the Simpkin pick too. Had an injured patch which hurt his scoring last year but before that started like a house on fire. Also dubious we will get that many rookies to start off with but once again, here's hoping.

Gawn is certainly fully priced so can see the argument above on going with Grundy instead to help your forward line out. Unlike Supercoach, the price fluctuation in fantasy is a fair bit more which means if Gawn/Grundy/whoever have one down game, they can drop a serious amount of coin. I'm not saying it's easy to then trade them in, but it's less important to go the set and forget in rucks in fantasy compared with Supercoach you almost have to go those two big dogs.

I think in fantasy you have to avoid KPF like the plague. It's very rare we end up with decent scoring KPF's. And in fantasy, Brown's price is nowhere near Supercoaches which means he's still basically a null and void pick in this game (I have him in supercoach much to my demise). So in saying that, think it's a rock solid team with good foundations of rookies at the moment, just need to re-jig that forward line from Brown to Xerri.

I'm gonna give supercoach a red hot crack this year so will likely need your help on my shambles of a team

a.png

Here's my first version of 6900.

Few things of note:
- I've never started with Lloyd and each season it's nearly impossible for me to trade him in. I like Stewart. Think he takes their kick ins and showed last year at the back end that he can average over 100. Cumming I think needs to fill a much needed void in the GWS backline so I'm backing him to excel with no Shaw and Williams and potentially get some of the kick outs.
- Pretty standard mids I feel. Fore me, most of those blokes are underpriced except for the two big ones and I feel like they're pretty consistent so I'm happy to start with them.
- Ruck I'm going for value to begind with. Nank could just as easily be Draper
- Forwards I'm not liking the look of many of the top picks or any rookies. Although I feel like Rowe will get games, how well is he actually going to score in a poor Crows outfit? That's why I've gone deep here to start off with. Think Cameron can go bang with Geelong's easy fixture (at least that's the hope) which means he can become an easy trade to a fallen premo

Ok Mr Supercoach, here we go...

Backline is hard to fault. Here's hoping we actually get that many rookies which I'm dubious about.

Love the Petracca pick. He should only go up another level this year with more mid time. Although is always going to be the first tagged. I like the Simpkin pick too. Had an injured patch which hurt his scoring last year but before that started like a house on fire. Also dubious we will get that many rookies to start off with but once again, here's hoping.

Gawn is certainly fully priced so can see the argument above on going with Grundy instead to help your forward line out. Unlike Supercoach, the price fluctuation in fantasy is a fair bit more which means if Gawn/Grundy/whoever have one down game, they can drop a serious amount of coin. I'm not saying it's easy to then trade them in, but it's less important to go the set and forget in rucks in fantasy compared with Supercoach you almost have to go those two big dogs.

I think in fantasy you have to avoid KPF like the plague. It's very rare we end up with decent scoring KPF's. And in fantasy, Brown's price is nowhere near Supercoaches which means he's still basically a null and void pick in this game (I have him in supercoach much to my demise). So in saying that, think it's a rock solid team with good foundations of rookies at the moment, just need to re-jig that forward line from Brown to Xerri.

I'm gonna give supercoach a red hot crack this year so will likely need your help on my shambles of a team
Really appreciate the feedback .....it's just understanding the nuances between the two games

In my defense, so far i've played without understanding the (C) loophole variation to SC ....so a 16K Ranking LY wasn't too bad, given I played a SC gamestyle

So I'm going to lap up all this info you're giving me

Just on the bolded part, it's the reason I chose Gawn ....his first 6 matchups are lambs to the slaughter
As you said Simpkin starts on fire, new coach, excitement abounds .....that's the rational on his selection

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really appreciate the feedback .....it's just understanding the nuances between the two games

In my defense, so far i've played without understanding the (C) loophole variation to SC ....so a 16K Ranking LY wasn't too bad, given I played a SC gamestyle

So I'm going to lap up all this info you're giving me

Just on the bolded part, it's the reason I chose Gawn ....his first 6 matchups are lambs to the slaughter
As you said Simpkin starts on fire, new coach, excitement abounds .....that's the rational on his selection
I like it. Go with your gut, no reason to go with bigfooty think either. May have to find someone else to downgrade to upgrade the forward line. Potentially a Dunks down to double up a couple guys. Weeks to go now, so I'm sure there'll be another 1000 iterations

View attachment 1047730

Here's my first version of 6900.

Few things of note:
- I've never started with Lloyd and each season it's nearly impossible for me to trade him in. I like Stewart. Think he takes their kick ins and showed last year at the back end that he can average over 100. Cumming I think needs to fill a much needed void in the GWS backline so I'm backing him to excel with no Shaw and Williams and potentially get some of the kick outs.
- Pretty standard mids I feel. Fore me, most of those blokes are underpriced except for the two big ones and I feel like they're pretty consistent so I'm happy to start with them.
- Ruck I'm going for value to begind with. Nank could just as easily be Draper
- Forwards I'm not liking the look of many of the top picks or any rookies. Although I feel like Rowe will get games, how well is he actually going to score in a poor Crows outfit? That's why I've gone deep here to start off with. Think Cameron can go bang with Geelong's easy fixture (at least that's the hope) which means he can become an easy trade to a fallen premo
No love for Laird or Zilliams ?

On Rowe, he's busting his gut at the AFL opportunity ....but IMO he'll ave just below the bloke he's replacing

1611896450906.png

No love for Laird or Zilliams ?

On Rowe, he's busting his gut at the AFL opportunity ....but IMO he'll ave just below the bloke he's replacing

View attachment 1047740
I'd love both but I just can't fit them in. If I manage to find a little more coin then I'll move Stewart to Laird as a priority. Williams injury history is a worry. In saying that, if enough forward rookies present themselves, then it's likely Caldwell/Rozee go down to one, and Cummings goes up to Williams. Rowe certainly on the watchlist still, but also happy to potentially look at bringing him in after you guys play the Cats in round 1 if he fares decently. I assume Stengle comes straight back in once ready (round 5 or something)?

I'd love both but I just can't fit them in. If I manage to find a little more coin then I'll move Stewart to Laird as a priority. Williams injury history is a worry. In saying that, if enough forward rookies present themselves, then it's likely Caldwell/Rozee go down to one, and Cummings goes up to Williams. Rowe certainly on the watchlist still, but also happy to potentially look at bringing him in after you guys play the Cats in round 1 if he fares decently. I assume Stengle comes straight back in once ready (round 5 or something)?
Can't see Stengle playing in 2021 .....he's battling not to be delisted over his recent white powder incident

Many teams are featuring Laird in the mids with his DPP

Can't see Stengle playing in 2021 .....he's battling not to be delisted over his recent white powder incident

Many teams are featuring Laird in the mids with his DPP
Pretty good idea putting laird in the middle considering the value in defence this season

Anyone considering running Phillips at F1?
Yep, still me.
Only way I can fit Grundy in whilst having strong mids and a decent backline.
Higher priced fwds are either on altered pre seasons or unknown roles so I won't spend up big there. Zorko didn't take part in Brisbane's intraclub (ran laps instead)
Gonna just have to go for some value picks there and upgrade from first DPP announcements onwards.

Pretty good idea putting laird in the middle considering the value in defence this season
I’ve toyed with this. Gives you a chance to look at the mids in the early rounds before committing to any of them and means you have a keeper who you can shift back to defence once you decide which mid you’ll trade in. I’ll be running this in SuperCoach for sure just not entirely sure if it’s as effective in fantasy as there’s also a lot of value in the midfield this year

Yup, I've currently got Phillips and Rozee as F1/2. There's just so much more value and certainty in def, mids and rucks, so I'm loading up there and running 3 rooks in the forward line. All the big forward options have too many question marks hanging over them
Currently running Phillips f1, zac bailey f2

Currently running Phillips f1, zac bailey f2
Haven't seen Bailey's name crop up too much before. Any particular reasoning behind that?

My general thought process on Rozee is first of all he's a quality player, rumoured to be carrying an injury last year, 3rd year, and hopefully becomes more of a mid/fwd as players like Gray become more fwd/mid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back