Injury 2021 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair we will start getting a few back in the coming weeks.
I've been saying this too, but then more players keep getting injured.

All is not lost. Get Marshall back this week. Them, win the next two and then you see Raz, Duursma and Clurey back. All the while Mead prob then playing at SANFL level. Before you know it Lachie Jones is back and maybe Butters and Gray come end of year. If we can stay away from more casulaties in the next 2-3 weeks, that would be helpful though.

In addition, we have seen Bergman and hes going to be a player, and we may well see Williams this week too.

Heard CD say that Robbie wont do any running for 4 weeks as will need that time to recover from surgery.

Now that Jones has done his hammy twice I reckon Mackers and his fitness team will make him drop 5 to 8 kgs over the preseason. He has blistering speed so carrying that much weight will always be an issue. Wines is bigger than Jones, but he doesn't have that blistering speed to tear a hammy.

Heard CD say that Robbie wont do any running for 4 weeks as will need that time to recover from surgery.

Now that Jones has done his hammy twice I reckon Mackers and his fitness team will make him drop 5 to 8 kgs over the preseason. He has blistering speed so carrying that much weight will always be an issue. Wines is bigger than Jones, but he doesn't have that blistering speed to tear a hammy.
Did he have soft tissue issues in the SANFL?

Gray had surgery late on Monday to repair his left knee after initial assessments suggested a medial ligament strain. "Unfortunately," Davies said, "bits have come away at the bottom (of the ligament) ...

And, hopefully, he will be back in eight weeks' time. "Playing in eight weeks ... Normally, it is four weeks in a brace, a couple of weeks worth of running after that and a couple of weeks (of training) with change in direction. So eight weeks before he plays again.

"Robbie is disappointed. It was not a great end to his 250th game. He was pleased with the win (by 50 points against Gold Coast on the road). His challenge now will be to get right before the finals come around.

"There was never any doubt that no matter what happens from here that Robbie Gray will be here next year ... ".

Injury list
Trent Burgoyne – hamstring (TBC)
Zak Butters – knee (TBC)
Tom Clurey – jaw (1 week)
Xavier Duursma – knee (1-2 weeks)
Orazio Fantasia – knee (2-3 weeks)
Lachie Jones – hamstring (4-5 weeks)
Robbie Gray – knee (8 weeks)
Jackson Mead – spleen (assess)
Tom Rockliff – DVT (TBC)
Taj Schofield – hamstring (TBC)

Injury list
Trent Burgoyne – hamstring (TBC)
Zak Butters – knee (TBC)
Tom Clurey – jaw (1 week)
Xavier Duursma – knee (1-2 weeks)
Orazio Fantasia – knee (2-3 weeks)
Lachie Jones – hamstring (4-5 weeks)
Robbie Gray – knee (8 weeks)
Jackson Mead – spleen (assess)
Tom Rockliff – DVT (TBC)
Taj Schofield – hamstring (TBC)

Fantasia 1 isn't promising

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could be that extra need to accelerate more often at AFL level? I'm with you though he's got a great frame just drop a couple & he'll be like fast moving granite.

He had just done a massive chase a minute or two earlier - no doubt that contributed.

I can't recall who he was chasing, but they had burnt both Lienert and Lycett - and Jones was about 2 seconds from catching him but they kicked the ball.

Could almost field a team with our injuries.

F: Burgoyne - Marshall - Fantasia
HF: Montgomery - Saunders - Schofield
C: Mead - Rockliff - Duursma
HB: Samblich - Weidemann - Jones
B: Pasini - Clurey - Sareen
R: Surman - Butters - Gray
SANFL injury list today has Weidemann (chest) and Samblich (knee) being assessed. So we now have 18 players injured.

1 more injury would mean we'd need to sign a new SANFL listed player because we are about to run out.

"There was never any doubt that no matter what happens from here that Robbie Gray will be here next year ... ".

This line gives me comfort.

He had just done a massive chase a minute or two earlier - no doubt that contributed.

I can't recall who he was chasing, but they had burnt both Lienert and Lycett - and Jones was about 2 seconds from catching him but they kicked the ball.
Yep. That was an awesome chase. Such great speed.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think it was Markov? I noticed that too, Jones has some serious speed, and he did it on the next chase.

Jon Ralph was on 5AA last night and said even though Butters is still TBC on the official injury report, he has spoken to people at Port who fully expect him to return later this season - possibly around the same time Robbie comes back just before finals.

Jon Ralph was on 5AA last night and said even though Butters is still TBC on the official injury report, he has spoken to people at Port who fully expect him to return later this season - possibly around the same time Robbie comes back just before finals.
Oh wow, that's a long way away. Was fully expecting he was far closer than that.

Oh wow, that's a long way away. Was fully expecting he was far closer than that.
I remember Tredders said 9 weeks when Butters had the operation. I reckon 8 weeks at this moment sounds too long.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back