Injury 2021 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So play a game, get that match fitnes into him, have an operation, then bye week and if a minor miracle happens he's ok by Rd 1 or maybe Rd 2.

I am trusting that the medical and high performance teams have a better insight into Connor’s injury. At the end of the day Connor will require a fully function8ng skeletal system well beyond his playing days. The health and welfare of the player must come first. The way some posters are carrying on you would think he is the only player that can play his position 🙄

Getting a lot of mixed signals, no time frame but in the same breath it could be 2 weeks?

I get the sense that they know there may be some foreign body in the joint but until the surgery is done they don’t know the extent of the damage. If it’s as straight forward as they’re hoping it could be 2-3 weeks. If they find it’s worse than anticipated could be much longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Rozee isn't playing round 1, then playing him today was stupid. Any fitness or touch he gains today will disappear immediately as he sits games out. He should 100% have been operated on already. If he doesn't play round 1 then the club has made a mess of this.

Meh we don’t know what the medical professionals said, maybe they thought it wouldn’t impact him and see how he goes.

In any case we have the players to replace Rozee in the short term. Need him 100% for the rest of the season

Meh we don’t know what the medical professionals said, maybe they thought it wouldn’t impact him and see how he goes.

In any case we have the players to replace Rozee in the short term. Need him 100% for the rest of the season
It's pretty odd though you must admit he could've made it worse or suffered another injury all while he's booked in to go under the knife.. it's bizarre.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rozee expects a round 2-3 return.

I just don't understand why he wasn't on a plane to Sydney last week. We gained zero out of playing him this weekend. It's ludicrous. We should've been trying to get him back out on the park as early as possible. To think we wasted a week of recovery, and he'll miss a game that actually matters is insane.

I just don't understand why he wasn't on a plane to Sydney last week. We gained zero out of playing him this weekend. It's ludicrous. We should've been trying to get him back out on the park as early as possible. To think we wasted a week of recovery, and he'll miss a game that actually matters is insane.
The game against North matters, but if Connor is the difference between winning and losing that game, then we have much bigger problems.

Look it maybe that the best surgeon in the nation was booked out last week !!!

The game against North matters, but if Connor is the difference between winning and losing that game, then we have much bigger problems.
What if it becomes the game against WC or Richmond. The point remains the same, there would have to be an insanely good reason why 1 more preseason game was considered more important than a regular season game.

What if it becomes the game against WC or Richmond. The point remains the same, there would have to be an insanely good reason why 1 more preseason game was considered more important than a regular season game.

Did you read the club statement? Surgery was only decided on last week and booked in as soon as possible. Playing the game on the weekend posed no further risk to the injury so it was decided to get valuable game time into him now whilst they could instead of trying to bring a guy back into the side who hadn't had a competitive hit out for the best part of 2 months.

According to Kane the surgery went extremely well and the outcome was as good as we could have hoped for.

According to Kane the surgery went extremely well and the outcome was as good as we could have hoped for.

Kane would say a 50 point defeat was a "good learning experience"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back