Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
No idea where to put this. It’s kind of a re-signing as we don’t have elections as such

Must admit I loathe Tony Shepherd’s politics - a cancer on society - but there is absolutely no doubting his commitment to the club and the work he has done getting to where we are, so whilst I don’t rejoice at his reappointment, I am not entirely unhappy.

General Giant

Hall of Famer
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Must admit I loathe Tony Shepherd’s politics - a cancer on society - but there is absolutely no doubting his commitment to the club and the work he has done getting to where we are, so whilst I don’t rejoice at his reappointment, I am not entirely unhappy.
Kinda hoping we, soon, end up allowing members to vote on possibly 2 of the 6 board members. Gives us some say.

Ppollen

Development Coach
Mar 26, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
Giant Strides I think it was you who I had this discussion with last year

We still have right of refusal for Fahey come draft time, so I'm assuming the move to Queensland was temporary like a boarding school situation. I'm now obsessed with the thought of Fahey and Ash running off the back flank together

Found this for anyone interested. Josh Fahey sounds like a good bloke. Also sounds like he's pretty keen on the Giants too.

Giant Strides

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Certainly interesting to listen to that - but he doesn't actually explain how he's back in the Giants' Academy. He does explain that his father (a teacher) got his dream job at a Southport School (and that his mum was happy to leave the cold climate of Canberra) ... just not how his return to Canberra came about.

He does say that he came across from rugby league & union, which he played up until Under 14s, and seems to have developed fairly quickly. Also played cricket, so seems to be a natural sportsman. Very happy to go to Giants - and roundly praised various Giants' Academy coaching staff - but also said he's happy just to be drafted. That's 100% his goal - to get to an AFL club.

Giant Pete

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
Certainly interesting to listen to that - but he doesn't actually explain how he's back in the Giants' Academy. He does explain that his father (a teacher) got his dream job at a Southport School (and that his mum was happy to leave the cold climate of Canberra) ... just not how his return to Canberra came about.

He does say that he came across from rugby league & union, which he played up until Under 14s, and seems to have developed fairly quickly. Also played cricket, so seems to be a natural sportsman. Very happy to go to Giants - and roundly praised various Giants' Academy coaching staff - but also said he's happy just to be drafted. That's 100% his goal - to get to an AFL club.
Any footage of him?

Giant Strides

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Any footage of him?
I haven't seen any that I recall, no. As an underager until this year, it's always less likely to see any footage, unless there's a glimpse in game footage (e.g. as an underager in a championship game). And of course last year's disruptions killed off a lot of chances that we might have had to see him in action.

Remove this Banner Ad