List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bell has mentioned Sinn as a possible target but why?? His best work is... you guessed it, straight out of defence. Also weighs sub 80 so just another small 'mid' to be pushed around.

Bell has mentioned Sinn as a possible target but why?? His best work is... you guessed it, straight out of defence. Also weighs sub 80 so just another small 'mid' to be pushed around.
Have you watched him?

He's played plenty of games as a wingman, and he's been great in those games. If the club sees him as a potential wingman they'll develop him as a wingman

Also if we were against draft sub 80kg players, we would never have Nat Fyfe

Apparently he’s quick, but if Cerra leaves it could be revolving doors?
All depends on Cerra, and what picks we have. Same with Lobb.
But if we retain our original picks we will be in a pickle.
I doubt Amiss, JVR, or Williams will be there second round.
Plus it wouldn’t surprise to see Meek gone?
Meek, Lobb goes and we are up the creek.

If Meek and Lobb, its only because we want them to go.

We are under no obligation to trade either player

IF we want any of Amiss, JVR or Williams for the value of something before our second pick then we will come up with a strategy to live trade next years second and / or sundry bits and pieces to move our second pick forward this year. Same as we did for O'Driscoll last year.

Bell has already said we want Wing/HBFs and Forward / Rucks, and Sinn is one of the best in the former category, whilst only Williams is an undersized Ruck when it comes to the list you mentioned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IF we want any of Amiss, JVR or Williams for the value of something before our second pick then we will come up with a strategy to live trade next years second and / or sundry bits and pieces to move our second pick forward this year. Same as we did for O'Driscoll last year.

Bell has already said we want Wing/HBFs and Forward / Rucks, and Sinn is one of the best in the former category, whilst only Williams is an undersized Ruck when it comes to the list you mentioned.

I think the ruck/forward might be already on an AFL list?
as for the draft I'd be amazed if they dont try to get one of Amiss, Williams or JVR

If we lose Cerra I can see us picking up Mac Andrew with the picks we acquire.

Yes he is. But that doesn't mean we have to trade. If his choice is between the PSD draft and re-signing, you'd bet money he would re-sign if the price is right
Whaaattt? No we won’t trade you, you’ll go through the PSD or re-sign? That is not the way to run a professional football club and he sure as hell won’t re-sign after we refuse to trade him out of spite

Have you watched him?

He's played plenty of games as a wingman, and he's been great in those games. If the club sees him as a potential wingman they'll develop him as a wingman

Also if we were against draft sub 80kg players, we would never have Nat Fyfe
I have just read his draft reports and they predominantly say he is a backman. Also he must have put on weight because I've read he was around 78.

Who would you prefer to develop as a forward/ruck: Williams or Mac Andrews?

Who would you prefer to develop as a forward/ruck: Williams or Mac Andrews?
Isn’t Mac Andrew Dees NGA? Under the rules he would be available before pick 20.
He would seriously be a flight risk, it would be Jeff White all over again.
AFL have really killed off NGA, due to JUH, but the father sons still give the Vic clubs a free hit.
NGA will become speculative, like winning the lotto.

Just reading that Nathan Krueger from Geelong (drafted from SA) is out of contract. He had a reasonable game as a KP defender today, but has mainly played as a forward. He has been injured but seems over that. Looks aggressive and a decent young player. If he was offered an opportunity for regular games he may be gettable.

Another player the Cats have on their list is Taheny, also from SA, and one of Chris25 fancies during his draft year as a medium forward/ wing.

Cats also hold Neale, Clark and Narkle, all from WA.

On the surface that looks like a whole bunch of potential list cloggers, but Krueger looks decent, Clark fits what Bell suggested we need, Narkle would be best 22 and Taheny and Neale play positions of need for us.

Cerra for the lot? Collectively they may make enough cap room for him, and Geelong love developed players.

Isn’t Mac Andrew Dees NGA? Under the rules he would be available before pick 20.
He would seriously be a flight risk, it would be Jeff White all over again.
AFL have really killed off NGA, due to JUH, but the father sons still give the Vic clubs a free hit.
NGA will become speculative, like winning the lotto.
I saw an interview with him. He is Melbourne NGA, but grew up a Geelong supporter and said he is happy to play anywhere that gives him a chance. Seemed a great kid with a terrific attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back