List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam Edmund reporting that Lobb doesn’t like the offer from GWS, although 4 years and is he happy to take a discount from what we are paying him, the discount seems to much. Looks like he will not request a trade. No way we will help out by paying for some of the salary of a player we fundamentally want to keep

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Regardless, We clearly need to be planning for Lobb not to be there in 2 years.

My preference is not to overload on KPFs in this draft, but to take one along with Benning as a late selection. I think we will be better served with a taller KPF in the mix, and potentially a forward/ruck. Much closer to or above 200cms.

Davo27 has published an early 2022 draft rankings, and this looks achievable. Someone like Keeler, Broadbent or Condon. All look better than Williams imo, although not sure about forward ability.

Use our other picks in areas of the ground that enhance our scoring potential.

Davo27 has published an early 2022 draft rankings, and this looks achievable. Someone like Keeler, Broadbent or Condon. All look better than Williams imo, although not sure about forward ability.
Yeah this is the problem with next year's draft. Lots of really good ruck/forward options but not many tall forwards who have shown the ability to kick bags of goals. And if you've got a 200cm+ athletic guy consistently kicking multiple goals like JVR/Amiss/Williams have this year then we probably aren't going to have a pick early enough to get them.

Ideally we find the JCameron/TMcDonald/LMcDonald/Naughton/Riewoldt type of KPF in this draft and then add a 200cm+ forward next year who can most likely ruck as well. Really liking the glimpses from Benning but he's still ultra speculative - and he'll need time at WAFL to develop.

I disagree with the people that say we can't fit everyone into our forward line so why draft them. Competition for spots is something we've never had for forwards - and you need depth especially with an injury history like ours. It's hardly a bad situation if we end up overflowing with quality KPFs as it will give us currency to keep building our list.

Regardless, We clearly need to be planning for Lobb not to be there in 2 years.

My preference is not to overload on KPFs in this draft, but to take one along with Benning as a late selection. I think we will be better served with a taller KPF in the mix, and potentially a forward/ruck. Much closer to or above 200cms.

Use our other picks in areas of the ground that enhance our scoring potential.
None of the WA talls this year really impress me. Amiss can’t kick 50 and shoulders are not very wide.

McDonald, Jackson, English and Grainer-Barass are out of contract next year.

Seems like 2022 draft has some good talls.

Bennings would be good for a late pick.

I would seriously go for best available at picks 6(8) and 8 (10) excluding Vic Metro kids and tall defenders.

Pick 19 could go on Van Rooyen if he slides and a later pick on Williams if he slides as well.

Some people wanting us to draft 3 tall forwards is madness.

None of the WA talls this year really impress me. Amiss can’t kick 50 and shoulders are not very wide.

McDonald, Jackson, English and Grainer-Barass are out of contract next year.

Seems like 2022 draft has some good talls.

Bennings would be good for a late pick.

I would seriously go for best available at picks 6(8) and 8 (10) excluding Vic Metro kids and tall defenders.

Pick 19 could go on Van Rooyen if he slides and a later pick on Williams if he slides as well.

Some people wanting us to draft 3 tall forwards is madness.
JVR and Benning would be just fine Imo. Only problem is that we would have to reach for JVR at 8.

If Clark comes for 22, that's one thing. But no Clark and then we need to spend a top end pick to get pace/i50 delivery. Perhaps Ysaye or Chris25 have a better idea but NWM seems the best alternative for Clark and I don't see him lasting beyond 10 (12).

With Brodie, I feel less need for premium mids. But "best available" usually ends up being some mid/hbf. I really hope we don't go that path.

I want Small Fwd (Rachele looks best ATM) and KPF with 6 & 8. Best available @ 19
No Clark and then KPF & Wing (with good delivery NWM from above). Then look at live trading 19 or 22 back to the 30's (and future picks) for Motlop and best available with whatever remains.
Benning as Cat B would be good.
If Lobb goes (unlikely), I would take 13 out of preference. 6, 8 & 13 for Small Fwd, KPF and Wing. Live trade 19 for futures and 22 for best available. If we get clark for 22 then best available at 13.

I think so.

If we are going to go after JVR then we should trade down.

Not sure the Lions would do it but maybe picks 14(16)18 (20) for 8(10).

Enable us to both JVR and a sliding Johnson.
Probably have better chances with 14 & 60 for 19 & 22, which I am not sure I like. 60 is a bit late form mine.

Similar to that great Freo trade blunder where we didn't cough up both our pick #16 and #20 for Mitch Clark and Melbourne bravely swooped offering #12 and twice the money to not need to move home after all.

Zero follow up on that one.
There's an alternative reality in which that trade goes through and we win the 2013 flag. A 2nd tall was all we were missing & Zac Clarke was hopeless that day. Those picks were Sheridan & Crozier who were hardly world beaters and neither played in the GF.

The ancient prophecy says Freo will win a flag once they trade in a Clark without an E.

There's an alternative reality in which that trade goes through and we win the 2013 flag. A 2nd tall was all we were missing & Zac Clarke was hopeless that day. Those picks were Sheridan & Crozier who were hardly world beaters and neither played in the GF.

The ancient prophecy says Freo will win a flag once they trade in a Clark without an E.
Perhaps but maybe drafting some 2nd talls might help the cause as well?

Zac Clarke…such a waste of height

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kepler would have been handy, Griff as well over Zac. We got unlucky with the injuries to the big men we had. I suspect Mitch Clark would have also been injured.
Neale as sub cost us big time.

Hawks used Mitchell as a decoy all game to take Crowley out of the game also

Neale as sub cost us big time.

Hawks used Mitchell as a decoy all game to take Crowley out of the game also

This is such a bullshit Hawks version of reality.
They sacrificed their best midfielder to take Ryan Crowley out of the game
Coz he’s so damaging as a ball magnet mid.

The truth is Crowls destroyed Mitchell, as was his job as a tagger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is such a bullshit Hawks version of reality.
They sacrificed their best midfielder to take Ryan Crowley out of the game
Coz he’s so damaging as a ball magnet mid.

The truth is Crowls destroyed Mitchell, as was his job as a tagger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lake destroyed us because we only had one legitimate forward. Neale should have played as a small forward, not as a sub and Clarke should have not been s**t. Shoulda played Griff instead. Fyfe could also have kicked straight. Pretty sure Pav missed a sitter too.

The momentum killing non-call on the elbow to Walters head still infuriates me.

I also haven't watched a replay, only going off memory from being at the game.

Lake destroyed us because we only had one legitimate forward. Neale should have played as a small forward, not as a sub and Clarke should have not been sh*t. Shoulda played Griff instead. Fyfe could also have kicked straight. Pretty sure Pav missed a sitter too.

The momentum killing non-call on the elbow to Walters head still infuriates me.

I also haven't watched a replay, only going off memory from being at the game.
Walters still kicked the goal after being elbowed, He just kicked it from 40m out rather than the goal line.
The real momentum killers were the bullshit free paid against Dawson and Luke for nothing. Oh, and Ballas slipping over all day and playing the worst game of his life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back