List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Does anyone know what impact the mid season draft has to our of season list changes?

Ie if we bring in 2 players in the mid season draft and keep them in 2022 do we still need to make an additional 4 changes at the end of season or to the 2 mid season recruits count towards the 4 changes required?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Does anyone know what impact the mid season draft has to our of season list changes?

Ie if we bring in 2 players in the mid season draft and keep them in 2022 do we still need to make an additional 4 changes at the end of season or to the 2 mid season recruits count towards the 4 changes required?

Yes.

We only have so many list spots

Players can nominate either a 6 months contact or 18 months contract.

If we select a 6 months player, we cut them or delist somebody else.

18 months we need to delist an extra player.

Sorry to be clearer we obviously still need to delist 4 players.

Do we then only need to bring in 2 players instead of 4?

Delist or trade out.

Currently according to footywire the following players are out of contract.

Cerra
Banfield (R)
Bewley
Tucker
Mundy
Hughes
Tracey (R)
Schultz
Thomas (R)
Meek
Crowden
Wilson
Conca
Swikowski
Giro (R0
Duman (R)
Watson (R)
Colyer

I pretty sure we can find space.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the look of both of these players.

WAFL League

A small, athletic midfielder and forward, Tyrone Thorne won best-on-ground honours for Peel in their 79-point win against West Coast. Thorne amassed 33 disposals, six marks, six tackles and two goals. With his speed, agility, ground level prowess and forward pressure, the 19-year-old would be an ideal fit for an AFL club as a crumbing forward who can push up through the midfield.

19-year-old key forward Jack Buller had a breakout game with 15 disposals, six marks, five goals and four behinds for Claremont in their 52-point win against West Perth. Buller was the only player on the field with more than two goals and has been one of the off-season's big improvers.

I really don’t hold out any hope for Thorne to succeed at AFL level. Buller is a yes.

I’d be keen to see how Clayton Gay goes in the game tomorrow.

Josh Gore from the SANFL looks good too.

Last edited:
I'm happy with someone from the WAFL at the mid season draft. However we should also consider late bloomers in Victoria who went undrafted in 2020. A player that had considerable physical development over the last 12 months (and probably would have been picked last year if they got to play footy).

On this occasion, it's handy that our head of recruiting is based in Victoria.

I'm happy with someone from the WAFL at the mid season draft. However we should also consider late bloomers in Victoria who went undrafted in 2020. A player that had considerable physical development over the last 12 months (and probably would have been picked last year if they got to play footy).

On this occasion, it's handy that our head of recruiting is based in Victoria.
Do we really want more Vic's to overpay ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back