List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do we need another ruck? Peel Reserves wanting to be more competitive? Because that is literally the only benefit another ruck on our list would bring at the moment.

Just get a tall athletic forward. If they can ruck (like Treacy can) then that is a bonus. If they can be a swingman and play defence as well then that is a bonus.

Do not get a ruck just because there are a heap available in the MSD. Letting supply dictate demand will make my head explode.

If there are no decent speculative tall forwards then go a speedy winger, or a speedy medium forward, or a speedy midfielder. If everyone available is slow (or meh) then just ignore the MSD and wait to the ND.

We don't need more rucks. We don't need more small forwards. We don't need any slow mids. We don't need more medium sized half back flankers.

I expect there would be a few players who have good size for midfield and amazing skills, maybe even speed for a couple of efforts. They were just way too heavy or lazy to be able to run enough.

If the interviews with those players resulted in the recruiting team feeling like the player was dedicated to eating exactly what they told him and training really hard to give him the chance to win a contract for 2022 then pull the trigger on the pick.

Why do we need another ruck? Peel Reserves wanting to be more competitive? Because that is literally the only benefit another ruck on our list would bring at the moment.

Just get a tall athletic forward. If they can ruck (like Treacy can) then that is a bonus. If they can be a swingman and play defence as well then that is a bonus.

Do not get a ruck just because there are a heap available in the MSD. Letting supply dictate demand will make my head explode.

If there are no decent speculative tall forwards then go a speedy winger, or a speedy medium forward, or a speedy midfielder. If everyone available is slow (or meh) then just ignore the MSD and wait to the ND.

We don't need more rucks. We don't need more small forwards. We don't need any slow mids. We don't need more medium sized half back flankers.
Give me Gregory Clark 193 cm, 94 kg and he's a midfielder! We need a big bodied mid like him!

Our main problem is winning it out of the centre and being bullied on the contests. He will not only help with that, but he can play both forward and back!!
Unless he is an exceptional two way runner who also wins the hard ball, then we already have Valente and Blakely. Even Crowden at a pinch. Clark would gave to be very very good to be considered. Not just depth

Our main problem is winning it out of the centre and being bullied on the contests. He will not only help with that, but he can play both forward and back!!
Nah he won't. I get that people think some guy that does ok as a State league mid can come in and make an impact at AFL level but it doesn't happen. Brayshaw, Cerra and Serong would all win the Sandover if they played at Peel full time now.

Just get a 195+cm who can jump, is athletic and goes super hard at the ball (bonus if wily and a quick learner). Perfect insurance and capable of filling a number of roles. Which aisle do we find those in?

Nah he won't. I get that people think some guy that does ok as a State league mid can come in and make an impact at AFL level but it doesn't happen. Brayshaw, Cerra and Serong would all win the Sandover if they played at Peel full time now.
Matt de Boer almost did it off a handful of games playing as a mid - can't crack a game at AFL level as a pure mid.

It's an excellent point about the massive divide in quality, it should also be a guide for our expectations of our midfielders not currently getting a game. Obviously I have a different standard for Valente because his ball use off twenty possessions is worth far more than a regular 20 touches from a shank merchant.

Why are we discussing midseason draft selections when we don't have a selection?

We have three ruck options... another ruck is required at some point.

It might not be the greatest need but it might be able to be one we can fill at the MSD. Almost all the articles on the MSD seem to mention a ****tonne of rucks.

I wouldn’t be against drafting for slightly lesser needs at the MSD. These are ultimately rookie picks as much as people like to point out the lack of footy last year. I’d rather use first the National Draft on greater needs tbh as that’s where the more talented players are taken.
As long as they have some forward craft or at least project to .
Otherwise may as well just go the speculative kpf

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All we want is someone who can be as dangerous forward as Jeremy Cameron while competing in the ruck as well as Sean Darcy currently does. And to only need to pay that player $450,000 a season.

Top ten Coleman Medal, despite being the target for our forward entries just 15% of the time.
Make it 2 of them please. Need pressure for spots.

Yes.

I don't care if we draft KPF that can play ruck, but 3 rucks is easily enough with a shrinking list size. Tabs wouldn't be the worst 4th ruckman in the league either if you are desperate. Not to mention, the only reason you want that many is in case of injury. If that happens, use the midseason draft that year for one rather than carry them for 5 years and never play.
Deboer and Banfield look like Boak and Bont at WAFL level. Pretty sure Mitch finds it 28+ times when he plays in the middle. Reckon Andy would average 40 touches down there.

I still say if there isn't a develop-able talent from last year that didn't get drafted, we shouldn't and won't take anyone.

All we want is someone who can be as dangerous forward as Jeremy Cameron while competing in the ruck as well as Sean Darcy currently does. And to only need to pay that player $450,000 a season.

Top ten Coleman Medal, despite being the target for our forward entries just 15% of the time.
Reckon there’s a guy playing Hobart FC reserves that fits the bill. Should be good for immediate impact and 200+ games. Will probably move for a plumbing apprenticeship.

Sean Darcy flight risk? There's been a fair bit of media chatter of Geelong wanting Darcy to complete their list. Also, because Sean Darcy is injury prone?

If you are tossing up whether to nominate for the MSD and then work out that you'll almost certainly end up at North... would you nominate?

Let's just bring back Dixon and O'Reilly.

No to Dixon. Yes to O'Reilly. 👍

He has grown a lot since we had him. And look, he see's himself as a Key Forward. 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back