List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you best quality is being "brave" its a worry he has 0 football IQ.

Poor skills and the worst decision making in the team by far.

the only way he gets a gig is because we constantly have injuries.
Watch this clip and then tell me he has "0 football IQ".
It takes a great deal of football positioning smarts to consistently situate yourself in intercept marking and spoiling positions. Also, his kicking for goal within that video was very serviceable!

who's saying his best footy is off half back?
this is his best footy, and it's all forward of centre
Because of a YouTube video? Hardly makes sense.

"Highlight" videos are often the sexy stuff, they could make Henry look good defensively, when in reality he's a liability defensively.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Definitely not the way I see it.

Watched the GWS replay from earlier this year a few days back. GWS had their best side in, and we made them look ordinary.

One of the key factors was our pace and attacking intent. Freddy was brilliant - while its not about kicking, Fyfe kicked a goal on the back of Freddy's gut running. Picked himself off the bottom of a pack, and somehow managed to get ahead of the ball being moved forward and handballed over the top to a free running captain. Was breathtaking and left you wanting to see more. I believe we WILL see more in 2022 and beyond.

Never said Frederick is a bad player. I said than Hughes is a better kick than Frederick and I 100% stand by that statement.

In fact Hughes is probably a better kick than probably 50% of our list. My post was aimed at defending a player who cops more sh** than he deserves often for parts of his game he’s more than satisfactory at.

As I said before if you’re over 23 and not in our top ten players half this board thinks you should be delisted. This isn’t FIFA Career Mode. It’s okay for players to be over 23 and still be ranked 11-30 on the list. Well unless you’re bottom four sh**, which we’re not even close to being.

Last edited:

Hughes is a pretty damn good player. He has his flaws, but is a solid, dependable half back that more then deserves to be an AFL player

He’s a good player. Unfortunately not a great player, he is tough no nonsense kid. Just solid and taken many players out just going’s hard at the contest. He needs to be 30-35 player for us to make top 4 team. Right now he’s a 20-25 player.

He’s a good player. Unfortunately not a great player, he is tough no nonsense kid. Just solid and taken many players out just going’s hard at the contest. He needs to be 30-35 player for us to make top 4 team. Right now he’s a 20-25 player.

There are worse players in most back sixes in the league.

What people have to realise is we haven’t got enough A Grade players. We’ve got 3-4 if you’re being generous - you need 8-10. If you think we have more you’re wrong.

If we had enough A Grade players we’d be happy enough having players like Hughes, Schultz, Wilson etc in the side, in fact id go as far to say they could be players 15-20. Much much worse players were playing for us in 2012-2015.

It’s hard to bag players who aren’t quite A Graders and rightly so. People just need someone to blame - it’s seen as unfair to blame young kids and name them individually so naturally anyone who’s been in the system a while and isn’t in our top ten players is an easy target.

We don’t need to get rid of solid best 22 players that perform most of the time. Sure if someone does a Wilson and stinks it up for a month, then drop them (that’s what depth is for) but don’t call them sh** for the rest of time. What we need is A Graders on every line. Reality is only Fyfe, Mundy, Ryan and Darcy could be considered A Graders at this point.

Last edited:
There are worse players in most back sixes in the league.

What people have to realise is we haven’t got enough A Grade players. We’ve got 3-4 if you’re being generous - you need 8-10. If you think we have more you’re wrong.

If we had enough A Grade players we’d be happy enough having players like Hughes, Schultz, Wilson etc in the side, in fact id go as far to say they could be players 15-20. Much much worse players were playing for us in 2012-2015.

It’s hard to bag players who aren’t quite A Graders and rightly so. People just need someone to blame - it’s seen as unfair to blame young kids and name them individually so naturally anyone who’s been in the system a while and isn’t in our top ten players is an easy target.

We don’t need to get rid of solid best 22 players that perform most of the time. Sure if someone does a Wilson and stinks it up for a month, then drop them (that’s what depth is for) but don’t call them sh** for the rest of time. What we need is A Graders on every line. Reality is only Fyfe, Mundy, Ryan and Darcy could be considered A Graders at this point.
Brayshaw and Serong next year?

Cox and/or Pearce if they stay fit.

hmmm, no forwards.

Brayshaw and Serong next year?

Cox and/or Pearce if they stay fit.

hmmm, no forwards.

Brayshaw and Serong the obvious two for next season although four A Grade mids - maybe unlikely.

Pearce and Walters have been A Grade in the past.

For our younger players Young, Chapman and Sturt are the ones that have genuine A Grade potential but it won’t be in 2022. Sturt unfortunately may never be because of injuries.

As you say the lack of A Grade talent forward is concerning.

if you best quality is being "brave" its a worry he has 0 football IQ.

Poor skills and the worst decision making in the team by far.

the only way he gets a gig is because we constantly have injuries.
Well, he's not my favourite player but get used to seeing him in purple. He signed a 3 yr deal mid-season

"Highlight" videos are often the sexy stuff, they could make Henry look good defensively, when in reality he's a liability defensively.

No real need to double down. Your initial statement:

Literally shown nothing, zilch as a wing, despite everyone banging on about how good he'll be there - fact

has been proven manifestly incorrect. Yes; by a simple You-tube video.

I'm on board for Clark with a late 2nd or 3rd rounder - could be rolled gold caused by Geelong's flawed list management model of bringing goodish players to the club for their senior years when they're well past their best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You were the one making a definitive statement that he hadn't shown anything on a wing... supposedly a "fact". Deep fake video you think?
Literally shown nothing, zilch as a wing, despite everyone banging on about how good he'll be there - fact

You were the one making a definitive statement that he hadn't shown anything on a wing... supposedly a "fact". Deep fake video you think?
Oh my bad, didn't realise the standards around here somehow dropped even lower.

YouTube "highlight" videos mean everything. Damn, why did we drop Giro, his highlights looked so impressive, can't believe a video that shows elite speed didn't transform to an All Australian jumper.

Oh well, years of watching him do very little means nothing, couple minutes of highlights for the way, first round pick surely?

Obvious sarcasm aside, my expectations for Clark are the same they were for Wilson. I told everyone here years ago Wilson was lazy, poor defensively and will rarely impact games. I was right. My expectations for Clark are extremely similar, they're similar players with similar flaws. Second round pick maximum, but buyer beware.

Last edited:
YouTube "highlight" videos mean everything.
As opposed to the alternative which is some random guy on the internet writing definitive statements with "fact" written after each one? :p

We all know highlight videos omit the bad but c'mon you can't seriously watch that video and say the guy has shown nothing on the wing?

But I do share your concerns about his desire. I really don't expect it to cost us too much, so probably worth the risk. And I liked how our coaches handled Wilson (and others) this season - so I'd back them to not give Clark a free ride either.

A highlights package, or as you call it the sexy stuff, shows the best of a player.
I am questioning how people how people have come to the conclusion that the best of this particular player is off of half back, when in his highlights package which shows his best, is all on the wing?
Hope that clears it up for you champ

Apparently there is now murmurings with reporters that we are working on something big behind the scenes but no one knows what definitively. My source is different to Carnthedockers so it’s starting to get a little interesting. Could be Neale shenanigans, could be something else like a Cogs maybe…

Apparently there is now murmurings with reporters that we are working on something big behind the scenes but no one knows what definitively. My source is different to Carnthedockers so it’s starting to get a little interesting. Could be Neale shenanigans, could be something else like a Cogs maybe…
I suspect things are gonna get a bit dardy at freo again

Hopefully, it is trade out Lobb and hit the draft.

Wow, that would be massive :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back