List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surely we're better off going to the draft for a tall with a lowly pick than chasing Tim English? The young fella has been in the system for about five years now hasn't he? He just doen't appear to have the body strength or the tank for AFL. Just not seeing much improvement in his game. Wouldn't we be better off going to the draft or even the rookie draft for another keen tall ready to bust his guts for a crack at the big time? Tim English has been a bit of failure hasn't he?

Tim English is the most overrated player in the AFL imo. People are just starting to realise it.

Has great athleticism and has decent skills for a big fella but he’s too light to be even semi-effective. At 25 next season that isn’t going to change.

He is a downgrade on Lobb. The only positive is he’s four years younger.

Can’t understand how people thought his GF was impressive. Was tracking well for the Leon Davis medal until half way through the second quarter, played well for half a quarter then got absolutely smashed for the rest of the game.

Last edited:
What would Freo pay for Jackson this year to replace Lobb?
I get the feeling Belly and co have made the Lobb trade public to take some control and hurry things up.
Lobb leaving opens the door for Josh Kennedy and a huge payday for Jackson

Don't want English, he's a soft as Lobb

He is THE reason the Bulldogs lost the Grand Final. Jackson absolutely destroyed him in that final 5 minute period in the 3rd Q that turned the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What're everyones thoughts on having a crack at Jake Waterman? Fits our list age profile and fills a need for a medium/key forward. Edged out of forward opportunities at the Eagles but surely goes straight into our starting 22? Under contract though so might be out of our price range at this stage

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What're everyones thoughts on having a crack at Jake Waterman? Fits our list age profile and fills a need for a medium/key forward. Edged out of forward opportunities at the Eagles but surely goes straight into our starting 22? Under contract though so might be out of our price range at this stage
My new stance on trading for contracted players is as follows: Don't.

With Brodie joining I think we need to look at Fyfe doing forward duties again, and especially if Lobb leaves. We are also a strong chance to grab Erasmus or Johnson who would potentially debut forward while they build.

It's a no for me.

He is THE reason the Bulldogs lost the Grand Final. Jackson absolutely destroyed him in that final 5 minute period in the 3rd Q that turned the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
May have also been the refusal of Libba, Bonts, McCrae, Treloar, etc to actually man up their opponents and instead just let them waltz it out the front of stoppages in the middle.

With Brodie joining I think we need to look at Fyfe doing forward duties again, and especially if Lobb leaves. We are also a strong chance to grab Erasmus or Johnson who would potentially debut forward while they build.

It's a no for me.
He clearly doesnt like playing forward too much though.

May have also been the refusal of Libba, Bonts, McCrae, Treloar, etc to actually man up their opponents and instead just let them waltz it out the front of stoppages in the middle.
Totally agree, let's blame a team's TOTAL capitulation on a ruckman.

It's a no for me.
Reckon I agree with this, just considering that the scenario of Lobb leaving but the word from Longmuir that finals are still the expecation. If it doesn't take away from our ability to grab key forwards this year I could see a world where we look for a player to fill that forward need thats a tier above a stopgap. Doesn't look like Waterman or similar are available at a price we could pay this year unfortunately :(

It's a no for me.
Totally agree - Fyfe and hopefully a fit Sturt need to play fwd this year. Fyfe will take attention which will make things easier for Treacy and Taberner.
Also Fyfe in the midfield destabilises our defence in that area ( he has no defensive side because he is such a ball hunter ) hence so many wins without him.

If he actually wants to come to WA he will make it a heck of a lot easier for everyone if that's the case.
It's just really sucks because we have the draft bounty this year. We need to keep communications with Melb and Jackson open, because if he is keen to come home, than I suspect Andrew will be a part of the trade.

Is Brodie any chop? Can't recall ever seeing him in action. If people are talking about him slipping straight into the midfield I'd expect him to be a solid B+ A- player if he was to free up Fyfe to go forward?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back