List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Maybe? But the Facts are we basing our decisions on his performances in a substandard competition which does not have a great history of producing great forwards.
he has failed at WAFL finals level and has not proven himself at state level. So as everyone on this forum knows not sold.
I would like to take back the comment about the colts competition . It was uncalled for and I wholeheartedly apologise ,I can't believe I would post something like that totally out of character. I will never post after one too many wines again.

What would people think of taking a bit of a gamble.

GWS: Pick 2 and Future 1st
FREO: Pick 6 and 8

In our favour points wise but GWS get a killer hand at the draft this year. 6,8,13.

Take Callaghan with Pick 2 and hope like hell JVR is there at Pick 19.

Then we have 2 first rounders to try and buy a forward next year. (Jackson/McDonald/Naughton).

So we'd be gambling on JVR lasting to Pick 19 and that we could actually lure a ready made forward next year.

In our favour points wise but GWS get a killer hand at the draft this year. 6,8,13.

Then we have 2 first rounders to try and buy a forward next year. (Jackson/McDonald/Naughton).

So we'd be gambling on JVR lasting to Pick 19 and that we could actually lure a ready made forward next year.
Would much prefer Freos 6 + 8 for GWS‘s 2 + 13 then either take Callaghan or
trade pick 2 for Richmonds 7 + 15 + F3

We would have either picks 2,13 or picks 7,13,15 + F3

This might seem pie in the sky but it is a sellers market + right now we are the only players
with 2 x top 10 picks

The failed Rory Lobb trade is a bit of a worry...

Would much prefer Freos 6 + 8 for GWS‘s 2 + 13 then either take Callaghan or
trade pick 2 for Richmonds 7 + 15 + F3

We would have either picks 2,13 or picks 7,13,15 + F3

This might seem pie in the sky but it is a sellers market + right now we are the only players
with 2 x top 10 picks
Posted this on a different thread, but it seems suitable to post it again here, once the Daicos and Darcy bids come in, the equation is:
8,10,55 = 1551+1395+207 = 3153
4,15 = 2034+1112 = 3146
With us adding pick 61 which should move up to something around pick 55, we’d keep 19(21) which we could still trade down on the night to land Williams and get back into next years draft with a F2 or F3.
outcome would be:
4: Callaghan
15: JVR
20s: Williams
Bid match: Benning.
replacement for Cerra, plus provides 2xKPFs and a development F/R.

Posted this on a different thread, but it seems suitable to post it again here, once the Daicos and Darcy bids come in, the equation is:
8,10,55 = 1551+1395+207 = 3153
4,15 = 2034+1112 = 3146
With us adding pick 61 which should move up to something around pick 55, we’d keep 19(21) which we could still trade down on the night to land Williams and get back into next years draft with a F2 or F3.
outcome would be:
4: Callaghan
15: JVR
20s: Williams
Bid match: Benning.
replacement for Cerra, plus provides 2xKPFs and a development F/R.
Point values are just indicators for drafting, we have no need to give up pick 61, if GWS trade with
us it gives them a realistic shot at getting both KPP‘s that they are after.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would anyone be against Erasmus (6) and Johnson (8) as long as JVR lasts to 19?
I'm fine with Erasmus and Johnson. To be honest, if we don't come out of this draft with a tall option I'd be surprised and JVR would round that out nicely. Huge risk though.

Another strategy is to take JVR/Amiss early knowing that the quality of the players at 19 is still decent; Draper, Butler, Knivett.

JVR will still be there at 19. Here is the only place him him getting through is being talked about as unlikely.
Glad you can be so definitive.

Did you say the same about Brandon starcevich few years ago?(tipped late second round at best ,brissie pounced in first round , like wise will Powell (suns).

I make that point because I think brissie a huge chance for JVR at 18- they’re big fans of the WA boys due to less go home factor.
I’d be pretty confident Richmond also would look closely at him with 15 - especially considering he’s unlikely to last to their next pick- they also are not afraid to pull the trigger on the player they want

JVR will still be there at 19. Here is the only place him him getting through is being talked about as unlikely.

After Mac & Gibcus are off the board, which is apparently going to be very early, there is no ranked KPP left. IMO don’t see GWS, Sydney or Richmond passing up a proven KPP over a speculative mid when they need KPPs.
And yep I think he’s better than Amiss

Last edited:

No, I think Freo should draft what’s available now, not try poach talent home. This is one draft where we have a great set of picks. It’s like we are out on a date, let’s focus on who is in front of us, not the girl we like to date or we forever hope to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back