Official Club Stuff 2021 Membership Tally - *81,302 - Final Tally as at 31st July 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

We’d have to move our home games to North Korea and play out of the Rungrado stadium

We'd win every game and hold our opponent scoreless each week.

Long live David Teague, supreme leader of the Carlton Football Club!

71,590 as at 25th Feb ...

1614221109210588114260370f358e239_desktop.png

Most likely it would, but if the club does well this year the number of those freebies may be sold on our progress and auto-renew next year.

I'm not questioning it as a marketing strategy, particularly in the context of crowd restrictions. Most of these people won't ever see the inside of MCG/Marvel (although, one could argue the paying members should be pissed off if our chance of getting tickets is diluted by all these non-paying members in a ballot).

I'm just saying that no one should get remotely excited about this figure if they are included.

Question.

Does this tally include the extra free membership available to each member? If so, that's a VERY different outcome.
Not sure that it does tbh I took them up on the offer on 26th and the tally hasn't gone up since 25th . Be interested to see how much it jumps up by at next refresh .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not questioning it as a marketing strategy, particularly in the context of crowd restrictions. Most of these people won't ever see the inside of MCG/Marvel (although, one could argue the paying members should be pissed off if our chance of getting tickets is diluted by all these non-paying members in a ballot).

I'm just saying that no one should get remotely excited about this figure if they are included.

Why not?

Richmond in 2012 - 53,027
Richmond in 2015 - 70,809
Richmond in 2018 (after their flag) - 100,726

Carlton in 2017 - 50,326
Carlton in 2020 - 67,035

Doesn't really matter if we're giving away some freebies on the way, the important thing is that it's trending upwards and we should be very well positioned to capitalise when we start making and winning the games that count. I've be staggered if Richmond weren't giving away some free memberships in between 2012 and 2017 too.

We seem to be taking an approach to get memberships in the hands of non-members and to get upgraded memberships in the hands of regular members even if we have to give it to them which is a great approach IMO. Should coincide with the rise of the team and the club will be hopeful that people stick with their upgraded memberships and that new members stay on. It's not like we can't afford to being out of debt now.

All we need is a strong start to the season to get people's hopes up and we will smash some serious figures here.

Yeah we've added 4 868 in the last month, compared to 8 695 during the same period last year, so the gap has closed.

Last year though we had the family day and a deal on 11 game memberships in the preceeding month, which would largely account for the difference.

With crowds recently confirmed and possible membership deals, we shouldn't have an issue hitting 80k.

I have the same questions. I want to know if all clubs count "memberships" in the same way.
For instance, to count as a "member" it should be:
A game day member - access to at least 3 games.
Member dollar value has to exceed $50 minimum etc.
If we are all counting by the same AFL rules it makes no difference.
However if we start counting freebies and pet memberships its a fools a paradise.

Great result regardless and all the more impressive considering the lack of value last year and the possibility of restricted access in 2021.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back