MRP / Trib. 2021 MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't reckon it's worth 3 weeks but that's the way we're going

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk
I agree in as much as I don't think Williams' was worth a week (a fine at best), but it seems consistent with Williams' result at least. Leaves a question mark over Edwards' (Astbury's?) elbow.

Last edited:
Mr MRO No Idea Chrisso graded the incident:-

Conduct - Careless
Impact - Severe
Contact - High

Straight to the Tribunal!

View attachment 1084240

He dosent want offend anyone Aph, especially The President of the AFLPA.
Scared to do his job properly.
As David King said if you can't do your job properly get out of there.

I am shocked that Mooney, Ling, Bartel and whatever other Geelong degenerate they could rustle up didn’t come out in a show of unity for their fallen mate. “Jake Kelly was all smiles at training today” was all the defense they would have needed. Shocked they didn’t go down that path

3 weeks
2 for the bump
1 for the ridiculous comments he made on the news tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Should have been 6 weeks then... 4 for the bump, 1 for the comment, and 1 for him being a massive flog!

I didn't dispute that, and I don't think anyone is.

But when you roll this footage in slow motion it certainly looks, to me, like he was effectively planting his right foot (the last one to touch the ground) as Kelly was in the process of disposing of the ball. And that at that stage, with his momentum, he had zero chance of bailing on the bump.

I also think it looks like Kelly was shaping to kick, and went a quick handball at the last moment - possibly because he saw Dangerfield coming in his peripheral vision. Could probably argue that if he'd continued to kick, that Danger would have caught him mid-disposal rather than just after it.

Again, I don't know that it's enough to get him off, but I can see how they'll probably try to spin it.

Committed to a legal bump at high speed, player saw him coming and fired a quick handpass, Danger turns as the impact occurs, makes contact with his shoulder to his opponent's body, accidental head clash ensues, opponent comes off second best but it could easily have been both players concussed.
I wasn’t disagreeing with you ✌🏻

patrick-dangerfield-arriving.jpg

Happy with the Danger suspension but still fuming Ashbury got off .. What a joke. Richmond protected species. Sick of those p****s getting off.

He didn’t pull out to minimise yet brace to protect. Danger lined and cleaned him up .Gotta get weeks.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Absolutely... Danger got embarrassed with the run down tackle, and he picked himself up and decided that he would impose himself on an Adelaide player just to make them realise that he's the dominant player out there. You could see him lining up Kelly to split him down the middle with the bump, from 2m away from where the incident occurred.

3 weeks is light for what I consider a real mongrel act!

Funny, on here we get treated badly and other teams good players get off

Geelong board, they get treated badly and their good players get bad treatment and a lesser player elsewhere gets off

Note to all: there is no AFL agenda on certain clubs/players at the tribunal

Disagree.

I think we have certainly in the past seen preferential treatment for 'marquee' players or 'media darlings' that generate revenue for the AFL. Then there is the prelim final rulings we have seen which defy belief really.

You only need to note the difference in tone between Williams and Dangerfield by the media to know everyone is treated equally, but some are more equal. I think if there was any grey area or wriggle room with this PD bump, we would have seen the media and AFL spin their way out and let Dangerfield off. Unfortunately, this one was plain as day and the abacus showed them that it was in the AFL interests to punish it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whately saying Williams act was more egregious! Seriously??

Williams 80kg, Danger 91kg.... Williams flittered past, whilst Danger went in full bore.
Gerrard is just a flog. And I don't think that he knows what egregious actually means.

Williams 80kg, Danger 91kg.... Williams flittered past, whilst Danger went in full bore.
Beat me to it.
I knew they would have a crack at Williams. They say his was deliberate.
Well I say Dangerfield had time to tackle and he even deviated (adjusted) to meet Kelly to maximize impact. Should have gotten 4 weeks.
These 360 w***ers see what they want to see to suit their agendas and protect their mates.

I tend to use the scenario that hypothetically if it was a team mate that he was barreling toward, would he have 'protected' himself the same way? He chose to bump to take the player out of the contest, so you have to accept the consequences when it goes pear shaped.

Having said that, the AFL should just get rid of the bump similar to what rugby have done....if they're fair dinkum about eliminating the potential to cause injury and concussions. Collisions will still occur, but you take out one pretty significant element.

Beat me to it.
I knew they would have a crack at Williams. They say his was deliberate.
Well I say Dangerfield had time to tackle and he even deviated (adjusted) to meet Kelly to maximize impact. Should have gotten 4 weeks.
These 360 w***ers see what they want to see to suit their agendas and protect their mates.
This feels like Trump fake news...if you say it enough times it becomes true...no matter what the facts are.

I tend to use the scenario that hypothetically if it was a team mate that he was barreling toward, would he have 'protected' himself the same way? He chose to bump to take the player out of the contest, so you have to accept the consequences when it goes pear shaped.

Having said that, the AFL should just get rid of the bump similar to what rugby have done....if they're fair dinkum about eliminating the potential to cause injury and concussions. Collisions will still occur, but you take out one pretty significant element.
Worked a treat too.

They don’t seem to need to. Mark Ricciuto and Rory Sloane have gone in to bat for Patrick Dangerfield. Lol, their own player has a concussion and broken nose because of Dangerfield and they are defending their ex player. That is incredibly weak and poor from a captain and club director.
I personally think it’s because of the manner in which they play as well, they are old school tough players who atm can’t separate why these actions need to be given these harsher suspensions...

I would understand if they said Williams bump was worse than Williams in the fact:

1. Dangerfield bump would have been perfect if he hit him on the side and not front on and no head clash would have occured
2. Williams would have got his man high no matter what angle he came from as he was further off the ground and shoulders were higher on the opponent and would have got his head from any angle.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back