MRP / Trib. 2021 MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

You have to think he is a little thug, beyond stupid
This is a classic example where the combination of arrogance and ignorance manifest in his game creating these "incidents"
It's because he is such a star he hasn't been slapped either internally or externally hard enough to wake up to himself.
Needs four weeks for this - I agree with the above poster, this rates closer to the Williams incident than anything recently.
He had the shits, he deliberately made contact with the umpire, bumping into him with his shoulder.
You can't see it any other way.
Will be another spotlight on both the AFL & the media to determine where it sits on the hypocrisy meter.

Was delightful watching * get smashed yesterday.

Just wondering if anything will come of Jake "the Package" (cue Scottie Pippen's witty remark about Sunday deliveries) Stringer and his clear punch to the doggies player while they were wrestling.

It was only highlighted once very briefly during the match even though the game was well and truly finished and there were plenty of stoppages and goals to show the incident more if they wished.

I know a few here will say Ive got bias and I am playing the carlton victim card etc. but if the media didnt pander to the *scum so much and that was a carlton player doing it there would be replays ad nauseum and media all over it!!!

There is no balance!!!

Replying to myself here, but I've just watched the clip on afl.com under the heading The package imposes himself!
I s**t you not!
The clip is a wide angle where you can't see the full incident and then as the clip comes to an end, after the doggies player dumps Merrett for his shove on another guy, it just stops before the vision of the punch.
Unbelievable!
Come on tell me I'm making s**t up and there is now * bias in the media!
The cheek of * supporters saying that the doping scandal was a media led witch hunt!
*en scum!

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

This case has its Toby Green automatic extra two weeks factor though

I have seen so many people say that the AFL has a 'Toby Greene' loading. Or he is only getting suspended 'because he is Toby'. I don't see that.

Firstly, let me say that I love Toby Greene. He is an absolute gun and I like that he has a bit (a lot) of sh*t in him. He plays the game on the edge (VERY often over the edge). He gets suspended a lot because he commits dodgy acts a lot. I think he's actually gotten away with quite a bit over the years.

I don't think he gets the short end of the stick, he gets what his actions deserve. He just doesn't get the Selwood/Dangerfield/Judd/Martin level protection.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't see the game, but caught the after game on the radio on the way home.
Listening to Duck and co carry on, that there was nothing in it and it was a fine if anything.
Get home and see the incident, and cannot believe they are referring to the same thing.
If it happened to me, or in the league I umpire in, it would be an auto red card - tribunal and would expect 3-6 weeks.

The "Toby Greene tax" is nothing but fiction. Young Toby has been fined 5 times in finals...for zero suspensions. If anything, he's a protected species.

I mentioned this in another thread...but I can't see any circumstances where Greene gets off. He can see Stevic in his path but chooses to walk straight through him. The type of thing a smart arse does at 2am at the pub...the accidental on purpose shoulder hit.

When do we find out what suspension Stringer and Devon Smith get?? It is all very quiet

So Stringer and Merrett only get fines and no mention of Devon Smith. The AFL is allegedly worried about the look of the game for junior game. So now kids can bump someone in head, like Selwood 2 weeks ago, punch someone in the head, like Stringer did yesterday and repeatedly slam a players head into ground like Smith did yesterday. A ******* disgrace

So Stringer and Merrett only get fines and no mention of Devon Smith. The AFL is allegedly worried about the look of the game for junior game. So now kids can bump someone in head, like Selwood 2 weeks ago, punch someone in the head, like Stringer did yesterday and repeatedly slam a players head into ground like Smith did yesterday. A ******* disgrace
Except if you wear navy blue

This as well. Joke of a corrupt organisation.

Reading through this thread, it is as if you think the AFL has integrity. We all know what should happen but we all have our doubts as the AFL make this 5h1t up as they go along.

No different to The *FC players copping fines for punching, you can not strike someone in our game, it is against the rules of the game, suspension, you can not touch an umpire, suspension. The players who copped the biggest suspensions were the ones actually playing within the rules of the game? Now tell me this game is not broken.

Yeah but didn't you read? It's only the Carlton juniors they're worried about, hence the suspensions on Williams, Stocker, et al. for the same behaviours.

It doesn't matter if you play for another club - it's Carlton that has to made an example of.

FMD :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back