2nds 2021 Peel Thunder (Freo Reserves) Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

What happened to the appeal to the commission after the tribunal result?

What happened to the appeal to the commission after the tribunal result?

It was downgraded from deliberate to reckless & down from 3 to 2. Which is what he would have got with an early plea anyway. (I think).
It’s an absurd system. If it’s deemed he misses 2 weeks of football either let him serve it at the higher level or exempt it from the higher level.
This way he gets 4 weeks at the higher level for something done in the lower.
Just stupid.
Exciting we’ve finally found one though. Him, Sturt, Walters & Chapmen/Young off half back & it’s a different proposition for scoring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 is great but what was the pressure and game like? Just trying to temper my own expectations.
Either way from round 5 onwards I want him in the team.

It was downgraded from deliberate to reckless & down from 3 to 2. Which is what he would have got with an early plea anyway. (I think).
It’s an absurd system. If it’s deemed he misses 2 weeks of football either let him serve it at the higher level or exempt it from the higher level.
This way he gets 4 weeks at the higher level for something done in the lower.
Just stupid.
Exciting we’ve finally found one though. Him, Sturt, Walters & Chapmen/Young off half back & it’s a different proposition for scoring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If they had graded the offence correctly the first time, would he have been offered one week instead of 2 with an early plea? The same way he could have taken 2 weeks without an appeal or 3 if he did appeal?

7 is great but what was the pressure and game like? Just trying to temper my own expectations.
Either way from round 5 onwards I want him in the team.
At least we know he can hit the scoreboard frequently. Look at bloody Colyer yesterday, should of had 4 goals and probably could of got us over the line. Momentum killer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon he should be able to serve his suspension with AFL games but when WAFL starts he is also suspended for the first 2 rounds. So we could play him for round 3 AFL but he is still suspended for round 1 WAFL.

I reckon he should be able to serve his suspension with AFL games but when WAFL starts he is also suspended for the first 2 rounds. So we could play him for round 3 AFL but he is still suspended for round 1 WAFL.

Quite like that logic ... stops clubs from pretending a players best 22 and serving it at AFL level if that’s a shorter time frame.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Posted this in the other thread but maybe someone can explain it to me here either:

Here’s a question. Round 2 of the wafl is on sat 10th April where peel play east perth at 2pm I think.
Our AFL round 4 game is on Sunday 11th April against the Hawks at 4 in the afternoon.
Surely once the WAFL round 2 game is competed on the Saturday, there’s nothing to stop Treacy playing the next day in the AFL??

I mean, if indeed the 2 competitions are totally independent of each other, and his ban is fully served by the morning of Sunday 11th April, why should he miss the AFL game later that day?

Posted this in the other thread but maybe someone can explain it to me here either:

Here’s a question. Round 2 of the wafl is on sat 10th April where peel play east perth at 2pm I think.
Our AFL round 4 game is on Sunday 11th April against the Hawks at 4 in the afternoon.
Surely once the WAFL round 2 game is competed on the Saturday, there’s nothing to stop Treacy playing the next day in the AFL??

I mean, if indeed the 2 competitions are totally independent of each other, and his ban is fully served by the morning of Sunday 11th April, why should he miss the AFL game later that day?
I wouldn’t have thought so & I think it would have been addressed in the media. But with the current logic of the WAFL & a lack of common sense from both organisations, anything is possible!

It'll be for the whole round that he is banned, unfortunate but its how it will play out

Please get down to watch the boys live if you can but for those that can't the game will be streamed by Front Row Screens. Once they provide a link I'll post it.

FRS will also stream the Swans v Claremont game on Saturday.

The Subi v East Perth game will be televised (7mate).

Perth v WC will be streamed for free as well I think - not sure who is doing it though?

Souths v WP will be streamed via West subscription only.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back