Strategy 2021 Draft and Hypothetical pick trade proposals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol seriously can we just have a ban on posting things ol clickbait Kornes says…

none of it is interesting and it’s all designed to just stir people up.

Hodgey wants a new rule! Hodgey gets a new rule.

No more clickbait s**t from Cornes in here.

Also:
Can we also threadban Rendell quotes. The bloke is senile.
Done ✔️

What’s the point of hypothesising about something that is not going to happen ?

You might as well get Dogs to throw in their Rnd 1 pick for the next 2 years too.
Again mate “hypothetical trade” in a “hypothetical thread”. Stop getting so emotional!
Ps 95% of the hypotheticals mentioned on here are not gonna happened!

Again mate “hypothetical trade” in a “hypothetical thread”. Stop getting so emotional!
Ps 95% of the hypotheticals mentioned on here are not gonna happened!
I don’t see the point in raising a hypothetical trade if there’s no chance of it happening

I know what thread it is, but maybe the thread is intended to be realistic rather than far fetched.

Sicily and Hanrahan to GC for (currently) pick 5
Mitchell and pick 22 to Tigers for pick 9
If we finish last and Cerra wants to come to us offer Freo pick 9 ( I think Cerra would see that as fair compo to Freo) or walk him to the PSD
If Crows finish where they are now (pick 3) and really want Horne we could offer Crouch a big enough contract to get them band one (pick 4) then offer pick 1 for pick 3 and 4
Breust to Dogs for there first ( around 17/18)

I've said a few times but we'll likely get this or better for Sicily if he leaves as a FA in 12 months, so I don't see the need to trade him now.

Sicily and Hanrahan to GC for (currently) pick 5
Mitchell and pick 22 to Tigers for pick 9
If we finish last and Cerra wants to come to us offer Freo pick 9 ( I think Cerra would see that as fair compo to Freo) or walk him to the PSD
If Crows finish where they are now (pick 3) and really want Horne we could offer Crouch a big enough contract to get them band one (pick 4) then offer pick 1 for pick 3 and 4
Breust to Dogs for there first ( around 17/18)
Nobody wants to go to GC. Not even worth hypothesising about.

Ins: blues first rounder.
200k.

Outs: clarko
You can trade your coach in the NFL and when it has happens it’s usually for a stack of picks. You also get compensated with draft picks if your assistants end up coaching at another club. We’d have been rolling in pick over the past 13 years if the AFL did that.

I watch a fair few Freo games and just cannot see it with Cerra. He's a good player but far from elite. Can run all day, has good foots skills yes, but rarely hits the scoreboard. Has little to no x-factor.

It seems too many are getting seduced by two things - He's a former no 5 and wants to come home, yet the two larger queries are - what has he produced so far and what would we have to give up?

He's a better, classier kick than any mid on our list. We all seem to be in universal agreement that we need to target an elite ball using in this years draft. We can get a 21 year old former top 5 pick during the trade period if we try hard enough.

He's a better, classier kick than any mid on our list. We all seem to be in universal agreement that we need to target an elite ball using in this years draft. We can get a 21 year old former top 5 pick during the trade period if we try hard enough.
No doubt. Much better kick than any of our mids, Chad aside.

I've said a few times but we'll likely get this or better for Sicily if he leaves as a FA in 12 months, so I don't see the need to trade him now.

Will we though? I can't remember what saints offered Brad crouch, will sicily get offered upwards of 750/800 a season coming off a knee if he has a quiet year ?

Tbh i don't see it. He is an peeling off and pretty unaccountable intercepting defender. A very good one at that. But those types don't earn the big bucks. A good comparison for contracts sake is Joe daniher. He got band 1 with persistent injuries but he is a legit match winner and potential a grader. Sicily is a very nice player but won't be the difference maker for a contender.

Taking off our hawks glasses, he isn't worth pick 5 this year unless we are sending something back and he will attract similar compo to Brad crouch did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably 100%.
Personally I think if Sicily had an AA caliber year (more than capable of doing) he'd get a band one offer if he was open to a move. He's probably our most talented player and one of our only players that has match winning qualities. I read somewhere recruiters think the most important position on the ground is interceptor, hence DGB was ranked so highly in last years draft (multiple clubs had him No.1 in the open pool (behind Ugle Hagan). I'd be very hesitant to let only Sicily, Day and DGB go for the pick we'd get but it would make sense given where we are at (well stocked in that position & still a way off contending.

I don’t see the point in raising a hypothetical trade if there’s no chance of it happening

I know what thread it is, but maybe the thread is intended to be realistic rather than far fetched.
Unless you Luke Brust himself, his Mrs or Manager you have no idea what’s happening. He could get a tap on the shoulder from Mitchell and say. Not personal mate, but we are rebuilding, and we’ve been offered a first round pick for you. I need you to consider moving!

I wouldn't let Sicily go as a FA no matter what the deal/compo. He's only 26 (27 in Jan). I think we can contend again with him still in his prime somewhat.

If he had a shonky 2022, we finished dead last, and someone offered massive overs that netted us the top 2 in the draft, then maybe. But I don't see any of that happening.

Tbh i don't see it. He is an peeling off and pretty unaccountable intercepting defender. A very good one at that. But those types don't earn the big bucks. A good comparison for contracts sake is Joe daniher. He got band 1 with persistent injuries but he is a legit match winner and potential a grader. Sicily is a very nice player but won't be the difference maker for a contender.

Taking off our hawks glasses, he isn't worth pick 5 this year unless we are sending something back and he will attract similar compo to Brad crouch did.
Wow that's missing the mark, Sicily isn't just a third man up player, he locks down and rolls off, everything Lever does but better.

He's the best driver off the backline in the competition that can also swing forward, every club in the AFL will be scrambling for his signature, he's a more versatile/dangerous version of Gibson that's just as defensively.

giphy.gif

I don’t see the point having a having a hypothetical trade thread if people are gonna get upset with a hypothetical trade suggestion!
Maybe you should ask the mods to open a probable trade thread and stick to that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back