Strategy 2021 Draft and Hypothetical pick trade proposals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol seriously can we just have a ban on posting things ol clickbait Kornes says…

none of it is interesting and it’s all designed to just stir people up.

Hodgey wants a new rule! Hodgey gets a new rule.

No more clickbait s**t from Cornes in here.

Also:
Can we also threadban Rendell quotes. The bloke is senile.
Done ✔️

He's the lesser of the three players.

But age is on his side, so I think despite the above he's probably the one we should keep above all of them - unless we get a great offer of course.
Worps is the less talented of the 3. I think he ends up having a better career than JOM after both have hung up their boots. Saying that if a team is willing to give a pick inside 10-12 for him, I’d go for it.

Value of Tom is the interesting one for us. If we had to trade for him we wouldn’t want to part with a first rounder. Hopefully a team in their window will pay lots for him.

Look, it’s really this simple.

Darcy and Daicos for all intents and purposes are not in the draft. Sure they get aligned to a pick and selected by a club on the night of the draft and they get their head on the Telly, but the fact is that the picks/points required to attach them to their club is done well before draft night. They’re not going anywhere else.

I can’t believe this ridiculous argument still gets airtime here. Neither perspective is wrong.

Mitchell fit at least a too 10 pick. Composite HD output to the current market value - Saad, Shiell, etc.

What I think is interesting is if you start looking at it like commodity trading. We bought for pick 14 and are selling for pick 7 (if that happens). I think we could get an increased return on a few others too - Worpel, Howe, etc. but would make big losses on others (JOM, Wingard). Could maybe get some value in some of our talk forwards too.

I can’t believe this ridiculous argument still gets airtime here. Neither perspective is wrong.

One can be depending on the way it's been used.

For example, if we wanted pick 18 from Brisbane for Gunston, there seems to be people saying 'well that pick 18 becomes 20 on draft night so that's not quite enough'. That's where the value of the number is skewed because 20 would still be the 18th best openly available player, but people are getting too hung up on the specific number. In trade negotiations those two father/son picks at 1 and 2 can't effect the importance we place on a high draft pick we're trying to acquire, because it makes literally zero difference to who is available.

Anyway, it's been done to death. Moving on.

Last edited:
Value of Tom is the interesting one for us. If we had to trade for him we wouldn’t want to part with a first rounder. Hopefully a team in their window will pay lots for him.
I agree that value is different to each scenario, but not parting with a 1st in any trade for Mitchell isn't a real thing.

One can be depending on the way it's been used.

For example, if we wanted pick 18 from Brisbane for Gunston, there seems to be people saying 'well that pick 18 becomes 20 on draft night so that's not quite enough'. That's where the value of the number is skewed because 20 would still be the 18th best openly available player, but people are getting too hung up on the specific number. In trade negotiations those two father/son picks at 1 and 2 can't effect the importance we place on a high draft pick we're trying to acquire, because it makes literally zero difference to who is available.

Anyway, it's been done to death. Moving on.
As long as it doesn’t go out past 20, for academy picks

He's pick 7 or GTFO.
Is he really? I think we severely overrate some of our players on here. Mitchell for pick 7 & 16? Worpel pick 10-12? Laughable.

I would be ropeable if our club paid 7 & 16 for 29 year old midfielder, that while extremely dominant as a ball winner and distributor, is still limited as a midfielder. He's not the complete package guys - not quick, not overly damaging and not capable of winning a game off his own boot.

Worpel still has a long way to go before he cements himself as one of the competitors better midfielder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is he really? I think we severely overrate some of our players on here. Mitchell for pick 7 & 16? Worpel pick 10-12? Laughable.

I would be ropeable if our club paid 7 & 16 for 29 year old midfielder, that while extremely dominant as a ball winner and distributor, is still limited as a midfielder. He's not the complete package guys - not quick, not overly damaging and not capable of winning a game off his own boot.

Worpel still has a long way to go before he cements himself as one of the competitors better midfielder.

Adam Saad netted pick 8 for the bombers...Adam Saad.

I think we all know that Richmond would be pretty reluctant to handover 7 for Tom, and you only get one chance a year to improve your list considerably by going to the draft so I would imagine we will push hard for the best available pick, but if we really wanna make significant change we will probably accept less.

The counter point being, just how desperate are Richmond or any other suitor to gaining Tom ahead of other clubs as the finishing touch, and what do they offer to get it done?

I don’t know if I can see us turning our back on picks, and again, we just don’t know what Sam’s temperament is regarding the trade period.

Mitchell fit at least a too 10 pick. Composite HD output to the current market value - Saad, Shiell, etc.

What I think is interesting is if you start looking at it like commodity trading. We bought for pick 14 and are selling for pick 7 (if that happens). I think we could get an increased return on a few others too - Worpel, Howe, etc. but would make big losses on others (JOM, Wingard). Could maybe get some value in some of our talk forwards too.

So you get a spec pick in the 50s get great coaching and development into him to turn him into a future top 20 pick???

I think we all know that Richmond would be pretty reluctant to handover 7 for Tom, and you only get one chance a year to improve your list considerably by going to the draft so I would imagine we will push hard for the best available pick, but if we really wanna make significant change we will probably accept less.

The counter point being, just how desperate are Richmond or any other suitor to gaining Tom ahead of other clubs as the finishing touch, and what do they offer to get it done?

I don’t know if I can see us turning our back on picks, and again, we just don’t know what Sam’s temperament is regarding the trade period.

What we then need is multiple suitors

Richmond need cap space,pick 12 for Mitchell is about right but if we chip in a few 100k than pick 7 becomes tempting for both parties. Port, Richmond, Brisbane could all use another midfielder.

...if it wins you a flag...

Richmond need cap space,pick 12 for Mitchell is about right but if we chip in a few 100k than pick 7 becomes tempting for both parties. Port, Richmond, Brisbane could all use another midfielder.
Especially to compete with the dees and dogs in the next 2 years - they both bat deep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back