Strategy 2021 Draft and Hypothetical pick trade proposals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol seriously can we just have a ban on posting things ol clickbait Kornes says…

none of it is interesting and it’s all designed to just stir people up.

Hodgey wants a new rule! Hodgey gets a new rule.

No more clickbait s**t from Cornes in here.

Also:
Can we also threadban Rendell quotes. The bloke is senile.
Done ✔️

A potential top 5 pick for something in the teens ?

Nah, i get the thought, but nah
Please dont do that!
I'm sure there would be other things involved. I recall that was a whisper a few weeks ago, that we would be interested in live trading our 2022 first.

The 2022 draft class are going to be kids without much, if any, football exposure during their last 2 years....

One of the reasons I buy into the Lynch noise is because he hangs around Grundy and formerly Tom Phillips, the nice blokes at the Pies the way I see it.

What we have going for us is the culture within our youth. They all get along, and by all reports, no attitude problems or dickheads.

Bringing in a Ladhams would be a surefire way to 'Karmichel Hunt' our locker room. Big pass.

Sidenote, also a reason why Josh Ward is our man in the draft.
Have you got mail on Ward? Really like him at our first!

Really think we should be having a look at Malcolm Rosas from Gold Coast. Exciting player, speed, xfactor, crafty. Looks like one of those raw gems that needs a bit of development and strength. He could be a serious serious player. Will go cheap too. Really hope we have a look at him with Breust etc getting up there in age. Thoughts?

Really think we should be having a look at Malcolm Rosas from Gold Coast. Exciting player, speed, xfactor, crafty. Looks like one of those raw gems that needs a bit of development and strength. He could be a serious serious player. Will go cheap too. Really hope we have a look at him with Breust etc getting up there in age. Thoughts?
Think we've got that area of the ground really well covered. Think Breust is so durable he could go around another 5 years anyway, but then you've got Moore, Brockman, Saunders, SMitchell.

I think he re-signed a couple of weeks ago.

foxsports has an article about teams lining up for the Suns pick 3...

GC Suns are an absolute disgrace - decision-making so incompetent it smells like corruption (and this coming from a Barcelona fan who can't get that particular smell out of his nostrils).

Take a good whiff of this timeline ...

In 2017, they gave up pick 2 for Lachie Friggen Weller

In 2019, they 'traded' their compo pick 11 for 2020 to GEELONG's 2019 pick 27. Then ...

In 2020, the 'traded' their 2nd pick (27) to GEELONG for Melbourne's future 3rd in 2021 (which could have been 37 at best, assuming no F/S or academy picks and Melbourne finishing last - but currently stands at pick 55).

Then again, the AFL happily signed off on these deals, so I'm sure it must be good governance all round.

fry-futurama - suspicious.gif

Certainly knows how to avoid the ball & not hit the scoreboard at AFL level.

Sounds like he has exciting physical attributes. How does he go playing in the 2's? Good performer?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the go with Howe? Seen a few Hawthorn posters mention that we're interested, but hasn't really come up on our board at all, nor have I seen it reported anywhere else.

What's the go with Howe? Seen a few Hawthorn posters mention that we're interested, but hasn't really come up on our board at all, nor have I seen it reported anywhere else.
Swap for Wicks

Parrot-phrasing, but it was mentioned in an article that he was considering leaving, with Swines & 9’ers as his preferred destinations.

Haven’t seen anything since then though & that was 4-6 weeks back (?).

From memory, he’s out of contract & I’ve not seen anywhere that he’s been offered a new one or in discussions etc.

Swap for Wicks
Hahaha, FWIW the most recent news on Wicks was that him re-signing was a formality. Who knows in modern footy though? Certainly not counting my eggs before they hatch.
Parrot-phrasing, but it was mentioned in an article that he was considering leaving, with Swines & 9’ers as his preferred destinations.

From memory, he’s out of contract & I’ve not seen anywhere that he’s been offered a new one or in discussions etc.
Interesting, cheers for that. I didn't pay much attention to him this year, but did rate him a few seasons ago. Would be a certainty to be offered a contract if the move didn't come to pass, right?

Given his year, if we really wanted him (or if he really wanted to stay) you'd think the deal would be done by now.

Given it's not, seems one party is wanting to see what offers on the market look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back