2021. The year of Max King.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cadillac

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
This bloke is going to be regarded as the best KPF in the entire competition by seasons end. And have his first All Australian selection. And he will continue the rich tradition of St Kilda champion key forwards.

He shown glimpses last season of what he can become. And this is the year he will put it all together and be regarded as a champion. Even at 21. 202cms. Speed and agility and terrific skills. He’s the prototype modern day key forward.

As an opposition supporter I can’t help but be envious of what the Saints have on their hands.

opposition clubs will put more work into him this season ,so is this year going to be his big year or the one after ?

I represent one of the 17 clubs that are nervous about his development :-(

This bloke is going to be regarded as the best KPF in the entire competition by seasons end. And have his first All Australian selection. And he will continue the rich tradition of St Kilda champion key forwards.

He shown glimpses last season of what he can become. And this is the year he will put it all together and be regarded as a champion. Even at 21. 202cms. Speed and agility and terrific skills. He’s the prototype modern day key forward.

As an opposition supporter I can’t help but be envious of what the Saints have on their hands.
No need for envy when you have JUH... but good prediction....I think Max is ready for a big few years or 10.

Even though they both added 4-5kg I think they are still a little undersized and bigger defenders will be able to work them out. They will also be targeted a lot more than prior. I don’t think it will be this year, this year will be the Daniher/hipwood & Cameron/Hawkins show.

Last edited:
Seriously, there is a lot to like about the Kings.

How could you not be a fan of Max King? Or Ben King? Or Wayne King?

I'm almost certain this is a Bulldogs moz attempt, but we appreciate the kind words anyway :)

I personally think hes another year or two away from completely stamping himself on the competition, a return of 40-45+ goals would be amazing, but around 35 is more likely. Looks incredible when he gets a free run and jump at it, but he still needs to improve his positioning and body work before he's an elite forward threat.

He can continue the St Kilda tradition of great forwards who don't win premierships.

Seriously though, I wonder how long before the papers push the rumor of his brother wanting to go to St Kilda to link up with him. I give it 2 years.

If St Kilda get both King brothers they will win a flag in the 4 years after they get the other brother.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm almost certain this is a Bulldogs moz attempt, but we appreciate the kind words anyway :)

I personally think hes another year or two away from completely stamping himself on the competition, a return of 40-45+ goals would be amazing, but around 35 is more likely. Looks incredible when he gets a free run and jump at it, but he still needs to improve his positioning and body work before he's an elite forward threat.
Pretty much all this. Think this is largely in response to the JUH thread hyping him up, and I definitely agree that he's still a year or two away from being ready (barring major setbacks) to really rip the comp apart.

He's only played about 23 games of footy in the last 3 years and was really only making a big impact in first quarters last year, so he likely needs at least one more preseason to build not only strength, but also endurance.

Think this year he'll start having some dominant games, but not a dominant year.

His final against WB was a sign of things to come though. 4 contested marks and a couple of goals. Is just about the complete package.

Can see him having some monster games this season..will kick 50+ goals if he plays every game. Him and Ben will be dominating the comp from 2022...reminds me a lot of Roughy...great hands, agile and a beautiful kick for goal.

On a side note- Ben is a lock to play for st kilda. He will leave GC end of 2022.

Didnt play any games in 2019 due to injury and being under developed.

In 2020, he kicked 22 goals and 20 behinds from 18 games.

The Bloke is only 20 years old. He could be Anything.... Can be another Nick Riewoldt in being an athletic CHF.

Can Be a Drew Petrie at North as he was a KPF/Ruck and Kicked 428 goals from 316 games at 15 or 16 years at North.

You were almost right OP, but this is the year of Ben King. I think he becomes the better player.

Pretty much all this. Think this is largely in response to the JUH thread hyping him up, and I definitely agree that he's still a year or two away from being ready (barring major setbacks) to really rip the comp apart.
“Pretty much all this?”.. Really? Why can’t I give a complement to one of the emerging stars of the game who’s one of the 3 most important players on his clubs list without supporters taking it as some reverse jinx or backhanded complement?

Whats a pass represent in 2021? You obviously rate the guy.

You were almost right OP, but this is the year of Ben King. I think he becomes the better player.
There’s a reason St kilda drafted Max King over Ben King even though he was rehabilitating an ACL tear. Ben King is going to be really good. I think Max will be a great.

On a side note- Ben is a lock to play for st kilda. He will leave GC end of 2022.

Nope. Ben is genuinely excited to be part of the young gun group at GC. They have formed a close bond on and off field. He'll be at GC for at least next 3 years, probably 4. Depending where GC is at in 3 or 4 years he will start to consider getting to Saints. But that is a long way off and a lot of things have to go right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back