2022/23 Championship, Lower, Non-League & Papa John's Trophy - On beIN Sports and iFollow

Remove this Banner Ad

It might be un-Toon like for me, but I have been hoping to see Sunderland back in the premiership, been missing seeing the Tyne-Wear derby, but after seeing some of their recent performances and them being stuck in 10th I can't see them getting back any time soon. Especially after losing 1-5 against Stoke City recently.
Well Middlesbrough are 3rd at the moment, so you might get a Tyne-Tees derby next year instead. Though I guess that would be a bigger deal for Boro fans than Newcastle fans.

Well Middlesbrough are 3rd at the moment, so you might get a Tyne-Tees derby next year instead. Though I guess that would be a bigger deal for Boro fans than Newcastle fans.
yeah I think a lot of Newcastle fans are content to see them both languish in the bottom leagues but I'd like to see some rivalries.

A 96th minute goal away at Swindon sees Carlisle win their fourth consecutive match and open a 4pt gap between themselves and 4th placed Northampton.

Carlisle has 11 games left in the season and 6 of them are against the other teams currently in the top 7, four of those games are at home. The first of those is third placed Stevenage at home next weekend. The next couple of months are going to be interesting.

Hard to go past the second Alfie May goal (which was his first), but without being too biased I do like the Jack Armer goal, to control a half volley like that and place it in the top corner takes some skill.

Stevenage won their midweek game 1-0 against Crewe to move to second, 2pts clear of Carlisle and both having played 35 games. This weekend Stevenage make the long trip to the far North-West to play Carlisle in what should be a high-quality game as both teams play a very attractive brand of football. Carlisle have only lost twice at home to Stevenage, hopefully that will not change this weekend.

Last season Carlisle finished 20th and Stevenage 21st, and both struggled to break clear of the relegation battle until very late in the season, this year both are strong chances of winning automatic promotion, it's amazing how quickly things can change in football. :)

Bolton’s form since making the EFL Trophy Final has been spluttering at best. A month of mediocrity against a run of other top teams, sees us slip from 3rd to 6th in League One.
Auto promotion is now not a possibility, but our remaining 8 games have us not playing anyone in the top 12. All top sides have been twice played already.
So holding onto a Play Off spot should be within reach. It will be 100% our fault if we miss out.
We’re good, but maybe just not quite good enough.
Next game on April 2 is our trip to Wembley for the EFL Trophy Final.

AFC Wimbledon paying the price for losing too much talent. We started the year only a couple of points outside the play off positions but have gone 1W-6D-7L since.

Rudoni, McCormack and Assal all gone with very little coming in, although I like Josh Davsion up forward. I doubt we can be relegated now and so very little to play for. Might have missed a chance for a quick bounce back into League One and worried now we could be down in L2 for seasons to come.

On form you’d say Boro will catch Sheff U for second spot. Carrick has won 16 and drawn two in 23 games in charge.

Some articles about Utd’s financial issues won’t help.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On form you’d say Boro will catch Sheff U for second spot. Carrick has won 16 and drawn two in 23 games in charge.

Some articles about Utd’s financial issues won’t help.

Sheff U on the precipice of the cliff if they don't go up this season. Lots of players out of contract apparently, takeover stalled and sounds like the bloke is a bit of a grifter, so they really need to go up.

On form, you'd have to see QPR are well on their way to being relegated. Beale leaving has really ****ed them.

They were s**t before he went, think they lost 4 of his last 6 games. Think they're in trouble if Hudd and Blackpool keep picking up points but those two have been slow to get going.

We won last night. We even scored 4 goals.

Will probably need to win 5 or 6 in our last 8 games to reach safety. 4 points away from safety and we have played more games than the teams above us. Still, hope is a weird feeling after the last couple of years.

It has been a long time since the fans got to see us win 2 in a row at home.

Wigan deducted 3 points for failing to pay players on time after receiving a warning previously. Very costly

They're in a big mess, worry for their future. skam85 what's the go?

Consecutive 0-0 draws against Stevenage and Bradford City has seen Carlisle drop to 3rd, level with 4th placed Northampton and a point behind Stevenage who have played one less game.

1679437756448.png

It good to see fellow Cumbrians Barrow still in the fight for a playoff spot, but it is beginning to look less likely with every inconsistent performance.

It's been coming. If the rights are available I'm surprised optus doesn't try to get them for instance.

I'd love a goal rush for each league for instance, and surely would be pretty inexpensive (only need one set of comms). Obviously only final day, and top of the table clashes would get decent views, but with iFollow every club has a set of comms, you could easily leverage off those for coverage of every game.

It's been coming. If the rights are available I'm surprised optus doesn't try to get them for instance.

I'd love a goal rush for each league for instance, and surely would be pretty inexpensive (only need one set of comms). Obviously only final day, and top of the table clashes would get decent views, but with iFollow every club has a set of comms, you could easily leverage off those for coverage of every game.
What do you think that'll do for attendances? How bad will it hit them?

What do you think that'll do for attendances? How bad will it hit them?

Don't think it'd have a huge impact. The UK already has all games available for streaming for mid-week games, and even on the weekend people are able to get dodgy streams if they want to watch, but obviously plenty still actually go. The hype and fear around ditching the 3pm blackout is overblown IMO.

You then also have to think that the TV rights income will go some way to offsetting any dip.

Don't think it'd have a huge impact. The UK already has all games available for streaming for mid-week games, and even on the weekend people are able to get dodgy streams if they want to watch, but obviously plenty still actually go. The hype and fear around ditching the 3pm blackout is overblown IMO.

You then also have to think that the TV rights income will go some way to offsetting any dip.
I think there lies the important factor. Any TV revenue would need to cover any fall in gate revenue I think.

Perhaps not for championship clubs but definitely the further you go down the pyramid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back