Mega Thread 2022/23 Off-Season Sports Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Batting to after lunch tomorrow could be 200 in front and then India collapse again so it could be over tomorrow.

I don't really want Australia to have to bat again on a minefield

It'd be close to tea for another 150 runs and the ~200 run lead. That's asking Green, Handscomb, Carey and a very long tail to face 50+ overs on a suspect pitch.

Realistically, I think scraping together another 80-100 is the best we can hope for.

Last edited:

It'd be close to tea for another 150 runs and the ~200 lead lead. That's asking Green, Handscomb, Carey and a very long tail to face 50+ overs on a suspect pitch.

Realistically, I think scraping together another 80-100 is the best we can hope for.

150 runs is a lot of runs which is the lead another 100 runs gives us. It’ll be very difficult for India to set us a target of above 100 from there.

It'd be close to tea for another 150 runs and the ~200 lead lead. That's asking Green, Handscomb, Carey and a very long tail to face 50+ overs on a suspect pitch.

I’d be very happy with another 50 tbh, I can see us collapsing easily tomorrow

150 runs is a lot of runs which is the lead another 100 runs gives us. It’ll be very difficult for India to set us a target of above 100 from there.

Agree on both counts here. Don't think we'll get another 100 but a lead of 100+ at least puts a fair bit of pressure on India.

Ideally, Green sticks it out until he's paired with the tail and then just wreaks absolute havoc.

Recall the hysteria over the greentop result in Brisbane, which was mainly because the WI team wasn't Test standard. Hilarious that India is still so scared of us that they produce this nonsense, instead of providing a five-day wicket (like the Kiwis in Wellington the other day) where they would likely beat us anyway.
Yep, they are desperate to win the series 4 nil and hopefully avoid us in the Test Championship on a neutral ground.

They’d rather risk a minefield than a draw.

With the way the pitches have behaved in the first session across this series won’t be shocked if India’s batting come drinks

The test in India is so unpredictable on that wicket. Heaven help Australia if they have to chase anything over 100 in the fourth innings.

On the other hand we have a lead and need to build it today to 150 if possible.

Our ability to collapse in a spectacular manner cannot be ruled out and India have a very good batting line up so it's impossible to call this game from here.

At least we have shown some fight this time. It's going to be a riveting days cricket.

The test in India is so unpredictable on that wicket. Heaven help Australia if they have to chase anything over 100 in the fourth innings.

On the other hand we have a lead and need to build it today to 150 if possible.

Our ability to collapse in a spectacular manner cannot be ruled out and India have a very good batting line up so it's impossible to call this game from here.

At least we have shown some fight this time. It's going to be a riveting days cricket.
The weird thing is we have basically dominated the pure batters bar Sharma, it's just Patel and Jadeja who have saved them moreso. The tour even before yesterday hasnt been as disastrous as people were saying IMO

I'd like to say I'm surprised but I fully expected a collapse like that this morning.

This is without doubt the worst tail end batting line-up I've ever seen in an Aussie team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's already foretold...India to make 200+ and watch Australia get bundled out for double digits chasing 120.

Granted it's an unusually poor tail but they've (potentially) let one of the best opportunities they'll get to win a test in India slip.

It's impossible to predict how this test match will unfold, however 76 runs will be challenging because of the wicket, the quality of India's bowlers and the fragility of Australia's lower order.

If Green and Handscombe get out with 25 runs to get we are doomed going on the recent performances by our tail. An interesting days cricket ahead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back