Mega Thread 2022/23 Off-Season Sports Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Really feels like we could’ve almost given India a decent run for their money if we’d prepared properly and selected the right team from the start. Injuries didn’t help with Green unavailable.

Too much of this side won’t be back in four years but I guess India will probably be missing some of their better players too.

I think Selections for the first test was a fail and a setback for the tour as a whole but really the problem is Australian batters can’t handle the spinning ball

My Buddy is NOD

I think Selections for the first test was a fail and a setback for the tour as a whole but really the problem is Australian batters can’t handle the spinning ball

My Buddy is NOD
Selections and attempts at proper preparation are fully in our control.

If we still can't bat after that at least we gave it every shot we could.

My Buddy is NOD
Our bats have honestly handled the spinning ball pretty much as well as India's "bats" IMO.

The difference between the two teams is pretty small and in the first two tests it seems more like it was a combination of:
  • Axar Patel turning into prime Tendulkar and saving their arse twice
  • One session of complete madness where everyone suddenly decided to sweep like a moron
  • Poor selection decisions in leaving out Head and taking Agar instead of Kuhn
  • Green being injured - I'd be 90% sure that we win that 2nd test with him instead of Renshaw. We were only about 50 runs short and the way he's looked since coming back in, I'd have locked him for a good partnership or two in that test.

Will probably go down as a series of "what-ifs" and a missed chance given India's bats are in a 3 year form slump now. I'm excited to play them again in 4 years WITHOUT godamn Jadeja and Ashwin.

Last edited:

Our bats have honestly handled the spinning ball pretty much as well as India's "bats" IMO.

The difference between the two teams is pretty small and in the first two tests it seems more like it was a combination of:
  • Axar Patel turning into prime Tendulkar and saving their arse twice
  • One session of complete madness where everyone suddenly decided to sweep like a moron
  • Poor selection decisions in leaving out Head and taking Agar instead of Kuhn
  • Green being injured - I'd be 90% sure that we win that 2nd test with him instead of Renshaw. We were only about 50 runs short and the way he's looked since coming back in, I'd have locked him for a good partnership or two in that test.

Will probably go down as a series of "what-ifs" and a missed chance given India's bats are in a 3 year form slump now. I'm excited to play them again in 4 years WITHOUT godamn Jadeja and Ashwin.
Jadeja is the most underrated player of his generation. Absolute clutch whether batting, bowling or in the field (the best outfielder in the game), and always brings his A-game against Australia.

Jadeja is the most underrated player of his generation. Absolute clutch whether batting, bowling or in the field (the best outfielder in the game), and always brings his A-game against Australia.
The actual GOAT when playing against us, must average under 20 with the ball and over 40 with the bat or close to it. It's ridiculous

Glory have a player sent off after 2 minutes. Face an absolute barrage of attempts on goal with the frame of the goal being hit on 3 occasions. Then this happened.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To he Sheffield Shield final seems to have slipped by without much fanfare, I almost forgot about it. Seems we couldn't complete the trifector. ☹️

To he Sheffield Shield final seems to have slipped by without much fanfare, I almost forgot about it. Seems we couldn't complete the trifector. ☹️
Its not till next week.

Yesterdays game was the last round.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back