Mega Thread 2022/23 Off-Season Sports Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It's impossible to predict how this test match will unfold, however 76 runs will be challenging because of the wicket, the quality of India's bowlers and the fragility of Australia's lower order.

If Green and Handscombe get out with 25 runs to get we are doomed going on the recent performances by our tail. An interesting days cricket ahead.
Head could be huge here. A quick jammy 20-30 and it wins the game basically

Head could be huge here. A quick jammy 20-30 and it wins the game basically
Yeah exactly what I'm thinking, he will have a license to go for it, if it comes off, he wins the game solo, if it doesn't still have Khawaja, Marnus, Smith, Green, and Handscomb to get it done.

It's interesting that the lowest unsuccessful second innings run chase is 85 by England in 1882 (according to cricinfo at least!) That infamous 1882 innnings by the England was what lead to the creation of the Ashes.

History will be made today one way or another.

Pretty happy for Travis Head. Maybe he will stop being judged on previous failings and actually get the respect he deserves now.

Head let his bat do the talking and it shouted "I am the number 4 rated batsman in the world for a reason"

It's understandable that his form prior to the last couple of seasons had been less than stellar but he has lifted his game to new levels recently.

He scores fast with good shots and that is a real weapon in test cricket.

Head and Bancroft could be Australia's answer to the opening combination once Khawaja retires and assuming Warner either retires or gets dropped.

The selectors need to make the call to discard Warner now rather than hope for a miracle in England this ashes tour.

It's understandable that his form prior to the last couple of seasons had been less than stellar but he has lifted his game to new levels recently.
Pretty sure he was directly dropped based on his performance in Sri Lanka 6 months ago (the series that was basically our warm up for Indian conditions)

We backed him over Maxi over there and he scored nothing

Of course we then ignored his great home summer so it was obviously an iffy call, turned out to be the wrong one in the end ofc

Head let his bat do the talking and it shouted "I am the number 4 rated batsman in the world for a reason"

He scores fast with good shots and that is a real weapon in test cricket.

Head and Bancroft could be Australia's answer to the opening combination once Khawaja retires and assuming Warner either retires or gets dropped.

The selectors need to make the call to discard Warner now rather than hope for a miracle in England this ashes tour.

The folks commentating on the radio said they thought Head should bat at 6 as he’s perfect in that role and we’ve seen how well he’s batted there

In terms of openers Bancroft has had an excellent shield season including 4 100s and and 176 vs Vic the other day so should surely be given another chance. He’s 30 though so may not be the future. Young opener from Tassie Tim Ward looks like the best young opener around at present

My Buddy is NOD

The folks commentating on the radio said they thought Head should bat at 6 as he’s perfect in that role and we’ve seen how well he’s batted there

In terms of openers Bancroft has had an excellent shield season including 4 100s and and 176 vs Vic the other day so should surely be given another chance. He’s 30 though so may not be the future. Young opener from Tassie Tim Ward looks like the best young opener around at present

My Buddy is NOD
30 is fine for a batsman. Could get 6 years out of him IF he's fixed his technical flaws that got exposed at test level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the last 5ish years as a Liverpool fan have taught me anything, never count a league won until it's actually won if City are in the race. Setting aside that minor issue of FFP/doping, they're a machine under Guardiola.

I guess in Arsenal's favour, this is their first genuine title race in a while. City might not have it in them to go back to the well for the fourth time in 5 years if Arsenal can keep getting results and maintain that 5 pt gap.

Also ******* lol @ Man U

If the last 5ish years as a Liverpool fan have taught me anything, never count a league won until it's actually won if City are in the race. Setting aside that minor issue of FFP/doping, they're a machine under Guardiola.

I guess in Arsenal's favour, this is their first genuine title race in a while. City might not have it in them to go back to the well for the fourth time in 5 years if Arsenal can keep getting results and maintain that 5 pt gap.

Also ******* lol @ Man U
Do you guys play us as well as city in the final 12 games?

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Tapatalk

The talent gap between WA and SA in the one day final is pretty nutty, feels like Geelong meeting Essendon in a GF

It's amazing the quality of the squad they have been able to assemble. To dominate all formats of state cricket with many quality players missing out either playing for Australia or not enough spots.

It's a credit to Voges, Langer before him and the whole structure and talent pathways is the envy of the competition.

It's amazing the quality of the squad they have been able to assemble. To dominate all formats of state cricket with many quality players missing out either playing for Australia or not enough spots.

It's a credit to Voges, Langer before him and the whole structure and talent pathways is the envy of the competition.
I'm getting way ahead of myself but I want this squad to first go back-to-back in every format and then push to threepeat in every format. It's a feat that would never be done again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back