Universal Love 2022-24 Random Chat - BBQ, Other Food, Cats, Whatever

Remove this Banner Ad

Packing up the pantry today, it is weird how many kinds of vinegar I have. I’m trying to work out how many kinds.
  • white vinegar
  • malt vinegar
  • white wine vinegar
  • red wine vinegar
  • champagne vinegar
  • sherry vinegar
  • Normandy cider vinegar
  • pear cider vinegar
  • vino cotto
  • balsamic vinegar
  • condimente agro dolce
  • Chinese vinegar
  • tarragon vinegar

I’ve also got about 4 bottles of transparent stuff with Japanese writing on them. I don’t know what they are but I’m betting at least one is vinegar.

I’ve also got about 4 bottles of transparent stuff with Japanese writing on them. I don’t know what they are but I’m betting at least one is vinegar.
Rice vinegar, has to be.

I'll take mirrin, fundodai and rice wine for the other three sauces please!

Rice vinegar, has to be.

I'll take mirrin, fundodai and rice wine for the other three sauces please!
You’re right! I do have rice vinegar.

That makes 14 different vinegars. Weird. I’ve just packed up the pasta I was meant to be having for dinner. s**t

Weird number of oil varieties too. No wonder moving gives me the shits.

Vegetable oil
Sunflower oil
Peanut oil
Walnut oil
Chilli oil
Mustard oil
Sesame oil
Avocado oil
Coconut oil
Garum
Colatura Di alice
Garum

That’s without counting the meat / poultry fats I’ve got with lard and duck fat, and of course ghee.

I’d love to do a massive cull, but I actually use this stuff. Might check how the walnut oil is going though, I’d forgotten I had is so it’s likely rancid.

Thank crap the place I’m going has a big kitchen.

Weird number of oil varieties too. No wonder moving gives me the shits.

Vegetable oil
Sunflower oil
Peanut oil
Walnut oil
Chilli oil
Mustard oil
Sesame oil
Avocado oil
Coconut oil
Garum
Colatura Di alice
Garum

That’s without counting the meat / poultry fats I’ve got with lard and duck fat, and of course ghee.

I’d love to do a massive cull, but I actually use this stuff. Might check how the walnut oil is going though, I’d forgotten I had is so it’s likely rancid.

Thank crap the place I’m going has a big kitchen.
I’ve worked in professional kitchens that don’t have most of what you have . Impressive, but glad I don’t have to pack that lot up .

I’ve worked in professional kitchens that don’t have most of what you have . Impressive, but glad I don’t have to pack that lot up .
Professional kitchens mostly have a bit of an advantage as region specific so don’t need the range. I like cooking, mostly because I like food and the easiest way to eat nice food lots is to work out how to cook it, but I’m shocked by the amounts of stuff.

Thank god I’m only moving two doors away. I’m already looking at these boxes wondering which one of these pricks will leak. Inevitable. Hope it’s not the mustard oil.

Jesus! I’ve got two bottles of truffle oil too. I need to get a grip.

Professional kitchens mostly have a bit of an advantage as region specific so don’t need the range. I like cooking, mostly because I like food and the easiest way to eat nice food lots is to work out how to cook it, but I’m shocked by the amounts of stuff.

Thank god I’m only moving two doors away. I’m already looking at these boxes wondering which one of these pricks will leak. Inevitable. Hope it’s not the mustard oil.

Jesus! I’ve got two bottles of truffle oil too. I need to get a grip.
Also pro kitchens run a menu and only stock items specifically for that .

Literally missed all of the footy yesterday as I was at the races

A11dAtP0w3R sunline stakes was a costly race with Foxys s**t showing

Got the quaddie with a mate at 70% though. Took the field in the first and went one out the William Reid. Great times

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My oil and vinegar collections are very humble I think. Just a couple of varieties of both, including a 2 litre bottle in the garage of vinny I don't know what for, I must have seen something on YouTube that suggested owning it, maybe I was cleaning something.

My chili sauce collection is pretty outrageous though. I used to smash chilli all the time so my extended family buy me unique saucues every Christmas. It's weird though because I have a favourite that I always have AT LEAST 10 bottles of in the cupboard. I don't try any other sauces, would feel a bit like cheating.

My oil and vinegar collections are very humble I think. Just a couple of varieties of both, including a 2 litre bottle in the garage of vinny I don't know what for, I must have seen something on YouTube that suggested owning it, maybe I was cleaning something.

My chili sauce collection is pretty outrageous though. I used to smash chilli all the time so my extended family buy me unique saucues every Christmas. It's weird though because I have a favourite that I always have AT LEAST 10 bottles of in the cupboard. I don't try any other sauces, would feel a bit like cheating.
I seem to have a metric ton of chilli sauces too, fermented, unfermented etc. I’ve made a few but it’s like you, family and other people at Christmas go hey, PG likes chilli sauce! So I get more and more. Most I’ve tried are interesting though. Since my family randomly decided to swarm over Tasmania I get some nice food gifts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh yeah, olive oil. I forgot to list the one oil I have that I use most frequently. I mean I’ve got a two litre tin of the stuff that I can see from where I am sitting and a poncy bottle of extra virgin that is for drizzling rather than cooking. I also have a tin of lemon agrumato but that’s just really flavoured olive oil

Yes. I just told strangers on a random chat thread my cooking habits
It's weirder than weird
I’m trying not to be curious but isn’t your life sort of sad with no oil in it?

I’m trying not to be curious but isn’t your life sort of sad with no oil in it?
Don't even know what you'd need it for tbh.
Since you asked I eat a shitload of eggs but I poach em
Lotta chicken and rice or potatoes but that's an over job
Pork and beef and veggies for dinner, if I'm doing a steak I'll bung some butter on it. But those are all oven or BBQ jobs as well.

Don't even know what you'd need it for tbh.
Since you asked I eat a shitload of eggs but I poach em
Lotta chicken and rice or potatoes but that's an over job
Pork and beef and veggies for dinner, if I'm doing a steak I'll bung some butter on it. But those are all oven or BBQ jobs as well.
I need it for heaps of stuff. I mean you can’t successfully stir-fry without a high smoke-point oil, and my Thai curries are going to be a bit sad without cracking the oil from the coconut cream. And I can roast a nice chicken in the oven but would rub it with olive oil, lemon and salt to make the skin all nice, and roast potatoes are going to be really sad without being roasted in oil or fat. And I wouldn’t be able to have any nice Indian food without oil, and no nice Mexican things like pork carnitas without lard. French would be out altogether. And I couldn't even have a nice ragu bologna, or if I did it would be all cluggy because I couldn’t properly brown and separate the ground pork and veal. And all my salads would be boring and undressed and I wouldn’t get to pour chilli oil all over my dumplings.

I would genuinely prefer to lose meat from my diet then remove oil. I think I’ll hang onto both though

I need it for heaps of stuff. I mean you can’t successfully stir-fry without a high smoke-point oil, and my Thai curries are going to be a bit sad without cracking the oil from the coconut cream. And I can roast a nice chicken in the oven but would rub it with olive oil, lemon and salt to make the skin all nice, and roast potatoes are going to be really sad without being roasted in oil or fat. And I wouldn’t be able to have any nice Indian food without oil, and no nice Mexican things like pork carnitas without lard. French would be out altogether. And I couldn't even have a nice ragu bologna, or if I did it would be all cluggy because I couldn’t properly brown and separate the ground pork and veal. And all my salads would be boring and undressed and I wouldn’t get to pour chilli oil all over my dumplings.

I would genuinely prefer to lose meat from my diet then remove oil. I think I’ll hang onto both though
Tbf I leave most of those dishes to the experts and pay for it. If I'm cooking for meself she's a get it done ✅ meal

Tbf I leave most of those dishes to the experts and pay for it. If I'm cooking for meself she's a get it done ✅ meal
I figured that you must be relying on a certain amount of eating out to supplement this monastic fare.

But how are we going to find you a nice Mrs Kent to settle down with and have dozens of little Kents unless you can impress her with your Sole Meunière, baby potatoes and green beans?

We need to start planning for the next generation Bigfooty Melbourne board.

I figured that you must be relying on a certain amount of eating out to supplement this monastic fare.

But how are we going to find you a nice Mrs Kent to settle down with and have dozens of little Kents unless you can impress her with your Sole Meunière, baby potatoes and green beans?

We need to start planning for the next generation Bigfooty Melbourne board.
Everyone knows women belong in the kitchen though I'm just there to eat it

👀

:moustache:

Nah I whisk out the oil on a special occasion but while single Kent's rolling I don't have time/energy to make anything other than sustenance

Haven't cooked with oil for years
I’ve cut a lot of it out. Airfryer takes care of kangaroos, chicken and rice i always do as a fried rice tho.

I just can’t be ****ed waiting for an oven to cook something for me.

I’ve cut a lot of it out. Airfryer takes care of kangaroos, chicken and rice i always do as a fried rice tho.

I just can’t be ****ed waiting for an oven to cook something for me.
I just bung like 10 chicken breasts bone on in at once, give em 30 and there's lunch for the week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back