Prediction 2022 Best 22 Teams and discussion

MrDanggazz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Title says it all, here’s a place to discuss your best 22 for season 2022. I am personally going to update mine occasionally as something to do in the off-season and when the season starts. Remember everyone’s teams are opinion based, discussing selections is fine but attacking others for their opinions is not.

My team at the end of the 2021 season, this a tough team to do.

B: Cox - Hamling - Ryan
HB: Young - Pearce - Walker
C: Aish - Brayshaw - Frederick
HF: Walters - Lobb - Switkowski
FF: Schultz - Tabs - Treacy
Ruc: Darcy - Fyfe - Serong
Bench: Cerra - Mundy- Banfield - Henry

EMG: Logue - Chapman - Meek - Wilson

Some points about my team:
- I have Switta starting over Henry as I believe right now Henry doesn’t work hard enough off ball or simply doesn’t have the tank yet.
- Young and Walker in the side over Wilson as I have seen more skilful dare and dash from Young and Walker in a handful of games compared to Wilson who turns it over way to much for a half back.
- Cerra on the bench because I believe both Serong and Brayshaw are better players at this stage of their career and I can’t justify putting him on half back.
- 3 talks in the forward line simply because I love Treacy’ second efforts and I believe he can play as that medium sized forward.

Nov 7, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Title says it all, here’s a place to discuss your best 22 for season 2022. I am personally going to update mine occasionally as something to do in the off-season and when the season starts. Remember everyone’s teams are opinion based, discussing selections is fine but attacking others for their opinions is not.

My team at the end of the 2021 season, this a tough team to do.

B: Cox - Hamling - Ryan
HF: Walters - Lobb - Switkowski
Bench: Cerra - Mundy- Banfield - Henry

EMG: Logue - Chapman - Meek - Wilson

Some points about my team:
- I have Switta starting over Henry as I believe right now Henry doesn’t work hard enough off ball or simply doesn’t have the tank yet.
- Young and Walker in the side over Wilson as I have seen more skilful dare and dash from Young and Walker in a handful of games compared to Wilson who turns it over way to much for a half back.
- Cerra on the bench because I believe both Serong and Brayshaw are better players at this stage of their career and I can’t justify putting him on half back.
- 3 talks in the forward line simply because I love Treacy’ second efforts and I believe he can play as that medium sized forward.
Where's SPS?

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Lots of holes and ? imo:

B: Walker - Cox - Ryan
HB: Young - Pearce - Chapman
C: ? - Brayshaw - ?
HF: ? - Treacy - ?
FF: Schultz - Tabs - Lobb

Bench: Mundy- Sturt - Aish - Logue - Walters - Wilson - Tucker - Henry - Fredrick - Hamling - Crowden

Last edited:
assuming Cerra goes
B: Walker - Pearce - Hamling
HB: Young - Cox - Ryan
HF: Walters - Tabs - Switta
FF: Schultz - Lobb - Treacy
Bench: Mundy - Sturt - Chapman - Tucker
EMG: Meek - Logue - hughes - Henry
i've probably forgotten someone

Alfonz

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Walker - Pearce - Logue
Ryan - Cox - Young

Henry - Fyfe - Frederick
Darcy - Serong - Brayshaw

??? - Taberner - Sturt
Walters - Lobb - ???

Mundy - Aish - Chapman - ???

Not sure on backline as it might seem a bit tall.

Would need to see result of trade/draft period before filling in the blanks.

Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
Walker - Pearce - Logue
Ryan - Cox - Young

Henry - Fyfe - Frederick
Darcy - Serong - Brayshaw

??? - Taberner - Sturt
Walters - Lobb - ???

Mundy - Aish - Chapman - ???

Not sure on backline as it might seem a bit tall.

Would need to see result of trade/draft period before filling in the blanks.
Crowden in
Cox or Treacy in to a forward pocket

Maybe Tucker for now

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
B: Logue - Hamling - Ryan
C: Aish - Brayshaw - Chapman
HF: Lobb - Fyfe - Switkowski

Ruck: Darcy - Serong - Cerra

Bench: Walters - Mundy - Cox - Henry

Last edited:

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Don't see that Aish has done much on the wing. What's happened to his kicking? If Cerra stay, I would play him there before Aish.
A lot of it is notional. For all the initial talk of playing players in their natural positions Aish and Cerra have been given multiple roles and that would continue.

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
A lot of it is notional. For all the initial talk of playing players in their natural positions Aish and Cerra have been given multiple roles and that would continue.
On established form, Aish would have to play back as well to get game. He may improve the more time he sends there though.

Purple_Turtle

Stockholm Syndrome
Oct 12, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Hull City
B: Logue - Hamling - Ryan
C: Aish - Brayshaw - Henry
HF: Walters - Taberner - Switkowski
FF: Schultz - Lobb - Treacy

Ruck: Darcy - Fyfe - Cerra

Bench: Serong - Mundy - Colyer - Chapman

I know he won't like it but I'd seriously explore Cox training with the forwards for a bit. I don't think he's in our best 22 because I don't think we can fit a 4th KPD in the team and we don't have a lot of KPF depth yet.

Colyer is in good form, so I'm keeping him best 22.

Henry if he builds his tank should move to the wing.

Chapman will develop very well if given a clear run at AFL level. I want him on the bench at least.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
On established form, Aish would have to play back as well to get game. He may improve the more time he sends there though.
To me that highlights the madness of our list. In my best 22s I have Cox, Chapman and Aish outside of the backline and haven't been able to consider O'Driscoll who I hope will be in by the end of the year.

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
To me that highlights the madness of our list. In my best 22s I have Cox, Chapman and Aish outside of the backline and haven't been able to consider O'Driscoll who I hope will be in by the end of the year.
I think O'Driscoll could do a Langdon on the wing

Mikevk123

Premiership Player
Jun 25, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
What’s the go with Cox? Would it be bad to play him up forward as he’s shown prior form there?

B Ryan Pearce Walker
HB Young Hamling Logue
C Clark Serong Acres
HF Walters Taberner Fyfe
F Schulz Cox Sturt
FOLL: Darcy Mundy Brayshaw
INTER: Henry, Lobb, Fredrick, Aish

Crazy Train

Debutant
Aug 18, 2021
AFL Club
Fremantle
Why in the f was nod given an opportunity the last 2-4 weeks to see what he had??

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Why in the f was nod given an opportunity the last 2-4 weeks to see what he had??
Asking the wrong poster. I think we play the young guys too early in general and should debut them when they are ready to succeed. Treacy and Henry should not really be playing, and I hate that Chapman was required to be a warrior in the backline so soon.

freo1997

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
munster
AFL Club
Fremantle
Lobb, Tabs and Treacy are too cumbersome to have in the same Fwd line...big reason why Eagles give no fwd pressure.

I would only play 2 out of those 3, Fyfe play CHF and Sturt/or a medium tall as the 4th fwd who can also give pressure acts. Then 2 smalls at their feet.

Heart Of Purple

All Australian
Mar 26, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Assuming the list is as it us now (think it's fair to say there'll be some change):
for
FB - Logue Pearce Ryan
HB - Young Cox Walker
C - Cerra Brayshaw Mundy
HF - Walters Lobb Sturt
FF - Switta Tabs Treacy
Fol - Darcy Fyfe Serong

Int - Frederick, Aish, Schultz, Colyer

Depth - Crowden, Tucker, Duman, Wilson, Hamling (probably best 22 but easiest of the talls to leave out given its been so long), Hughes, Banfield, Henry, Blakely.

The others are either too young to tell or probably not worth a spot imo - obviously some of them have contracts and I'd love them to prove me wrong but they're the guys I'd start turning over. I think even the Depth listed here shows we need a few more to push up - nobody really stands out as a lock for best 22 at other clubs.

Teams desperate for genuine wingers. Hopefully some of the small forwards can transition there (Colyer, Henry, Walters, Frederick) could all be suited.

On SM-A217F using BigFooty.com mobile app

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Assuming the list is as it us now (think it's fair to say there'll be some change):
for
FB - Logue Pearce Ryan
HB - Young Cox Walker
C - Cerra Brayshaw Mundy
HF - Walters Lobb Sturt
FF - Switta Tabs Treacy
Fol - Darcy Fyfe Serong

Int - Frederick, Aish, Schultz, Colyer

Depth - Crowden, Tucker, Duman, Wilson, Hamling (probably best 22 but easiest of the talls to leave out given its been so long), Hughes, Banfield, Henry, Blakely.

The others are either too young to tell or probably not worth a spot imo - obviously some of them have contracts and I'd love them to prove me wrong but they're the guys I'd start turning over. I think even the Depth listed here shows we need a few more to push up - nobody really stands out as a lock for best 22 at other clubs.

Teams desperate for genuine wingers. Hopefully some of the small forwards can transition there (Colyer, Henry, Walters, Frederick) could all be suited.

On SM-A217F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Chuckled at the line "Teams desperate for genuine wingers". And there's Benjamin Button lining up, pipping Frederick and Henry. .

Joose

Club Legend
Jul 23, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Assuming Cerra is gone and no way club will let Lobb go.

Ryan-Hamling-Logue
Young-Pearce-Walker
Henry-Fyfe-Frederick
Walters-Taberner-Sturt
Switta-Lobb-Schultz

Darcy-Brayshaw-Serong

Cox-Mundy-Chapman-Aish

Emerg: Colyer-Crowden-Tucker

Swiggy

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club