Fantasy 2022 - EMPIRE League - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

GG.exe can we adjust the offensive scoring back to what it was but keep a boost on the defensive scoring?

The big reduction in offensive scoring probably explains everyone's massive salary cap space
Like i said, i can add back the team first downs which is where the inflated offensive stats were coming from. That would be what you suggested in this post

I don’t have a problem with perceived balance but the argument that year to year updates be made when the league will naturally fluctuate in (interesting) ways means that it shouldn’t be touched yearly.

Just stop touching it til there is actually a trend.

Anyway same old discussion every year and not particularly interested in having it again other than the very obvious argument that ANY LEAGUE WE PAY FOR SHOULD HAVE MAJORITY SUPPORT BEFORE CHANGES MADE.

CBFed reading back whether this is actually what is happening so peace ✌️

I've brought back the error of team first downs applied for offensive players, making them re-inflated per previous years.

Give the system hours before changes reflect
Good now change defensive players back to last season as well. Or get a 12 vote majority

Anyway same old discussion every year and not particularly interested in having it again other than the very obvious argument that ANY LEAGUE WE PAY FOR SHOULD HAVE MAJORITY SUPPORT BEFORE CHANGES MADE.

Pretty much this.

Ill change it all back tonight. Errors and all.
Well we’ve started the auction based on numbers as they’ve been presented.

I don’t have a particular perspective about this exact situation, it’s just the same argument every year.

I’ll even give the credit of only needing a majority of those who have responded in the off-season due to time constraints and people being generally non responsive.

Just don’t make unilateral decisions (which include reverting now)

Well we’ve started the auction based on numbers as they’ve been presented.

I don’t have a particular perspective about this exact situation, it’s just the same argument every year.

I’ll even give the credit of only needing a majority of those who have responded in the off-season due to time constraints and people being generally non responsive.

Just don’t make unilateral decisions (which include reverting now)
No all salaries are still based on old scoring (previous year). Any new scoring wouldnt have seen different salaries until 2023 off season)

Just do a vote now. I'm happy with the scoring balances but don't want things changed and then changed back because 1 or 2 aren't keen.
Besides a league wide points system being tweeked is not beneficial to any one team.
Do a poll GG.exe 1. Keep new system 2. Revert to last years 3. Hybrid, some new tweaks but not as drastic as option 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

why was it too difficult specifically?
So many adjustments here and there, changing all the sections around to a neater, it's a nightmare to change manually.

However...I noticed just now there's a quick simply setting to revert everything back to the 2021 scoring. It would overwrite the entire work done for 2022 scoring.

So probably what Lenny said is best....

Vote now....

1) Revert everything back to 2021 scoring.....overwriting all the work done to level IDPs, all the hundreds of adjustments, fixing typos, errors, incorrect scoring algorithms, doubled up entries, etc.

2) Leave it as hybrid right now --- where just "team first downs" has been put back, giving offense players back largely the 40 or so points they were missing, but all the other adjustments for IDPs, special teams, and other typos and errors on offense/defense/idps have been corrected.

3) Remove the team first downs error and bring the scoring back to what it was before today.

It wont reset free agency and trades made? Its just scoring? Maybe best to take a screen shot of both just incase thats what we decided to end up doing

New scoring rules don't affect any salaries whatsoever right now. All 2022 salaries for FAs and off-contract players was based on PREVIOUS YEARS POINTS x 20,000. Previous year meaning 2021.

So new scoring wouldn't affect salaries until 2023 off-season begins. At that time, all FAs and off-contract players would get a new salary based on PREVIOUS YEARS POINTS x 20,000. For 2023 off-season, previous year would mean 2022.

Well that was a lot to catch up on. I’m going to abstain unless absolutely required to vote given I’m new but I do think it’s tough to change after the auction process so if it’s a reset It feels like we have to reset the auction too if that’s possible

but I do think it’s tough to change after the auction process so if it’s a reset It feels like we have to reset the auction too if that’s possible

All players salaries are based off last years points system so there is no need for that imo

Think there are only really two options, 1 or 3.

If you go with option 2 we will need more adjustments moving forward to the cap as it will be out of whack with offensive players staying the same and IDPs scoring increased significantly.

So its an option 1 for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back