HB H.Perryman P.Davis I.Cumming
C L.Ash J.Hopper L.Whitfield
HF T.Taranto J.Riccardi T.Bruhn
F H.Himmleberg J.Hogan I.Hill
FOLL: M.Flynn S.Coniglio J.Kelly
INTER: Green, XOH, Ward, Stone
Sub: Peatling
Great looking side

With all the talk of focusing on team defence coming from the club I’d expect MDB to get a run. If so, whoever misses will be unlucky.

Great looking side

With all the talk of focusing on team defence coming from the club I’d expect MDB to get a run. If so, whoever misses will be unlucky.

Highlight of a good side is who has been left out/unavailable. I think it is a very good sign for the club if we can move past Kennedy/De Boer/Lloyd as best 22 players:
Greene
Daniels
De Boer
Lloyd
Keefe
Kennedy
Buckley

plus young first rounders:
Callaghan
Alleer
Angwin

Round 1 Best 22

B N.Haynes S.Taylor C.Idun
HB H.Perryman P.Davis I.Cumming
C L.Ash J.Hopper L.Whitfield
HF T.Taranto J.Riccardi T.Bruhn
F H.Himmleberg J.Hogan I.Hill
FOLL: M.Flynn S.Coniglio J.Kelly
INTER: Green, XOH, Ward, Stone
Sub: Peatling

For me backline still looks a little slow with Davis, Perryman and Haynes all back there.

I'd move Whitfield back there for Perryman who goes to the bench. Callaghan onto a wing and XOH goes out (too much of a liability with his disposal - can't hit a target inside 50).

Personally I would not pick a side without D Lloyd in there - particularly with Toby out early. He's good for 1.5 goals a game and is the most accurate finisher in the sport! More runs on the board compared to Stone at this point (who I really rate).

Hi Folks,
I read somewhere that Finn Callaghan has/had an injury. What is his status, please?
Cheers.
He had a foot injury in the pre-season, but he played our first practice match. He didn't play in our AAMI community series match vs Collingwood, but that wasn't because of injury.

He had a foot injury in the pre-season, but he played our first practice match. He didn't play in our AAMI community series match vs Collingwood, but that wasn't because of injury.
Well not directly because of injury, I believe they said they were still ramping up his fitness base because of the foot injury setting him back a bit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back