2nds 2022 Lions Reserves and VFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do believe that we will need to make some changes to our team/style next year. Hopefully we do see some movement of the supposed best 22 locked players so we do get to see it.
That’s why we need to keep Dev.
Lyons can no longer be guaranteed a spot especially next year.

First reserves game I have attended since the new format was introduced. Tell you what - it was cold on the outer wing the second half. But worth it. Some nice development in the young guys. And some really good team spirit which was obvious. Down to two on the bench for much of the half too.

My issue wasn't just with the quality of the player. Looks like a handy forward

I hope people don't tease you too much for deleting your account because we drafted lohmann. Everyone gets it wrong sometimes

Your issue was with the lack of a highlights video. Don't worry we all remember :)
Still can’t understand how there was zero to little footage of him last year, especially given his ability.

#whatasteal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did pretty well last year thankfully.

Please don't delete your account again we still love you.

Some time off gave me some good perspective on how stupid the posters on here are so it was good. Definitely recommended.

Also, happy for most on here to catch up with the list issues some of us were hoping our recruiting last year would help resolve

Picking Ely Smith because he was jacked was probably not the best move in retrospect.
We do have a frustrating tendency to draft on "he hasn't trained properly, therefore he will improve once he gets in that environment".

Justin Clarke and Tunstill look like ticks, but Ely Smith and Patrick Wearden less so.

2016 good (thanks to Clug and Oscar), 2017 average and ever since poor
Sesame Street Fainting GIF by MOODMAN

I was one who cracked it on draft night. I was annoyed at the cumulative wastefulness of picks over the preceding years and our lack of agility compared to other clubs. It culminated in us taking some rather speculative kids on the night and it was all a bit much for me.

One of the good things about drafting Lohmann was that it ended our trading of that pick into future years and devaluing the pick each time.

Started in 2019 when we traded pick 16 (which we got for Beams) to Port for their future first (they took Georgiades) who subsequently finished top 4. We then combined that pick with our own first round pick in 2020 for Melbourne's first, who subsequently won the premiership. Taking Lohmann in 2021 ended that and I was glad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back