List Mgmt. 2022 List Management and trading thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this format on the West Coast board and thought it might help understand our current list position

1665798571288.png

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Culley does seem ahead of the rest, but that means he probably gets taken by north in the MSD.

Where does Mitch O'Neil (and maybe sa state best Voss) sit amongst these names? And is anyone other than Culley worth putting on the list?
Going by what Hamish said before the draft last year maybe we might look at Lachie Carrigan?

Interesting that Hamish is one of his two followers on HUDL...

Josh Carmichael might be the SANFL player most likely with the current AFL favour for taller mids?

maxlilly

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2009
over here
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's about time we used a good draft pick on an athletic tall young ruckman.
We cant keep going down this path of a rookie listed ruckman that don't have the tools to give your midfield an even chance at the stoppages

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's about time we used a good draft pick on an athletic young tall ruckman.
We cant keep going down this path of a rookie listed ruckman that don't have the tools to give your midfield an even chance at the stoppages
We need class midfielders, an athletic ruckman, a strong marking key forward, a second non lock down type key defender, line breaking half back flanker, small forward who actually kicks goals.

Quite a few gaps.

maxlilly

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2009
over here
AFL Club
Adelaide
We need class midfielders, an athletic ruckman, a strong marking key forward, a second non lock down type key defender, line breaking half back flanker, small forward who actually kicks goals.

Quite a few gaps.
Hopefully our first pick in the draft is a classy mid
I'm hoping TT can be our strong marking key forward
Maybe Hamill the line breaking HBF
and Rachele our classy small forward
Then pick a ruckman and KPD

LeftyLuke

Cancelled
Mar 29, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide

Quite a few gaps.
We got the line breaking half back flanker covered. I wonder with Rankine's resurgence whether they are looking at him if he doesn't sign at GC? It looks like the penny may have dropped. The most critical needs are our spine. KPD, mids, KPF. A decent ruck is just icing.

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
We got the line breaking half back flanker covered. I wonder with Rankine's resurgence whether they are looking at him if he doesn't sign at GC? It looks like the penny may have dropped. The most critical needs are our spine. KPD, mids, KPF. A decent ruck is just icing.
I think Rankine should be a priority personally. So much talent, and would allow us to play Rachele 50/50 in the midfield and up forward. Dont want him as a permanent small forward.

Thilthorpe I'm not convinced is a strong marking forward, not unless he drastically improves his upper body strength.

As for line breaking half back flankers..
Jones - shows potential, but is still low disposal and prefers to focus on defence.
Hamill - only just broke back into the team. Long way to go.
McPherson - not preferred.
Dawson - suits us better as a wingman.
Hinge - not quick enough.
Worrell - more a third tall.
Milera - hasn't shown much since coming back from injury. If another preseason doesn't improve his output, is finished IMO.
Smith - 31 next year.
Parnell - untried. Unclear whether he's too small.
Sholl - shirks contest, a winger anyway.

Unless Jones, Hamill or Parnell develop into the players we need them to be, theres a real chance that area becomes a weakness.
Our development is hurting our planning.

LeftyLuke

Cancelled
Mar 29, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think Rankine should be a priority personally. So much talent, and would allow us to play Rachele 50/50 in the midfield and up forward. Dont want him as a permanent small forward.

Thilthorpe I'm not convinced is a strong marking forward, not unless he drastically improves his upper body strength.

As for line breaking half back flankers..
Jones - shows potential, but is still low disposal and prefers to focus on defence.
Hamill - only just broke back into the team. Long way to go.
McPherson - not preferred.
Dawson - suits us better as a wingman.
Hinge - not quick enough.
Worrell - more a third tall.
Milera - hasn't shown much since coming back from injury. If another preseason doesn't improve his output, is finished IMO.
Smith - 31 next year.
Parnell - untried. Unclear whether he's too small.
Sholl - shirks contest, a winger anyway.

Unless Jones, Hamill or Parnell develop into the players we need them to be, theres a real chance that area becomes a weakness.
Our development is hurting our planning.
I see Parnell as a Jayden Short type that racks them up each week and is damaging with his disposal. Once he gets some more muscle on him he should be able to play half back or wing. Mid might be a stretch due to his height but you never know. He can get forward and kick a goal with his pace. Jones looks good as long as he keeps progressing. Hamill is developing well but my only concern with him is his kicking and lack of awareness at times in getting caught with the ball. Due to his lightness he can get thrown around but he seems to have put a bit more size on.
I'm a bit concerned with Thilthorpe's marking as well. Hopefully he develops into a Luke Jackson type.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide

The Penny that dropped is that this is a contract year and his next 3 years earnings are tied to this season’s output.

Bob Neil

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2011
At a table with old friends
AFL Club
Adelaide
The Penny that dropped is that this is a contract year and his next 3 years earnings are tied to this season’s output.
You're within your rights to be sceptical about him given his (lack of) output over the past three years...but his game yesterday was very high impact even if he didn't hit the scoreboard or rack up possessions. His tackling was ferocious and I think he's about to tear a game apart with the whole package soon...which paradoxically I think is bad for us :(

Jirkago75

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
If we had a more normal rebuilding list (say Hawks, Bombers, Fremantle in terms of age-quality profile), yes, I'd pull the trigger on that. With our current one, and how skewed it is? I'm rather hesitant of giving up anyone who is experience and genuine quality without significant overs coming back.
Totally agree with you, was thinking of the whole situation with the rebuild. Unfortunately all the experienced players we kept have been injured or out of form, Brown, Milera, BSmith, Seedsman and MCrouch.
Only Tex has been in good form, BSmith has been inconsistent and injured, the rest are not worth beat 22 at the moment. This make it so much harder for our youngsters to look for help or guidance when these guys are playing so crap.

We need to be more aggressive, Scholl and our second (pick 25-28) for their first (11-15).

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we didn't want Sholl, why would Carlton want him with their first going the other way?

If we didn't want Sholl, why would Carlton want him with their first going the other way?
Who says we don’t want Sholl?

I think the club would rate him a fair bit higher than posters on here. Wouldn’t expect we could get top 20 pick though, but stranger things have happened.

Who says we don’t want Sholl?

I think the club would rate him a fair bit higher than posters on here. Wouldn’t expect we could get top 20 pick though, but stranger things have happened.

Whoever posted it clearly doesn't want Sholl. Accompanied with the "got to be aggressive" bullshit and everything.

I definitely agree though. The club rates Sholl at this point.

Whoever posted it clearly doesn't want Sholl. Accompanied with the "got to be aggressive" bullshit and everything.

I definitely agree though. The club rates Sholl at this point.

He just needs to eliminate the bruise free out of his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back