List Mgmt. 2022 List Management and trading thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cross - over time period would be pretty close. We would have done plenty of grunt work to get him before appointing Nicks. I wonder by that time he had verbally agreed to come and it was too late to back even if Nicks didn’t want.
It was actually Ladhams we wanted originally from Port but they and him said No.

Hypothetical...

Would you trade Laird for a pick 8-15?

If we had a more normal rebuilding list (say Hawks, Bombers, Fremantle in terms of age-quality profile), yes, I'd pull the trigger on that. With our current one, and how skewed it is? I'm rather hesitant of giving up anyone who is experience and genuine quality without significant overs coming back.

Last edited:
Isaac Cumming from GWS is also someone I'd target, the Broken Hill lad

Agree
First Round picks the past 4 years
2018 - mcHEnry/Jones. Both small. Looks like a small forward and a small defender.
2019 - McAsey. Tall defender but looks better forward.
2020 - Thilthorpe an Pedlar. Tall Forward/Ruck and small inside mid.
2021 - Rachele - Small forward.

Not looking great for class other than Rachele.
Small inside mid?

We should still be miles off paying the salary cap so it's well worth having a dip at free agency.

Angus Brayshaw
Alex Pearce
Karl Amon (to piss off Port)
Bailey Dale
Caleb Daniel

All worth asking serious questions

We should still be miles off paying the salary cap so it's well worth having a dip at free agency.

Angus Brayshaw
Alex Pearce
Karl Amon (to piss off Port)
Bailey Dale
Caleb Daniel

All worth asking serious questions
Bailey Dale is the most interesting name there to me. Zone breaker, Van never have enough of those

Pearce too, considering our lack of a 2nd KPD, but is he too injury prone?

Bailey Dale is the most interesting name there to me. Zone breaker, Van never have enough of those

Pearce too, considering our lack of a 2nd KPD, but is he too injury prone?
He probably is a bit injury prone. To be honest, a club like the Bulldogs should go hard at him. Dump a few of their free agents and get a genuine KPD. He's restricted though

Agree
2018 - mcHEnry/Jones. Both small. Looks like a small forward and a small defender.

You're going early on Thilthorpe.

Agree

Cook was a first round pick in 2020 also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hypothetical...

Would you trade Laird for a pick 8-15?
where do we sign?..

laird is a crap midfielder. the panic kick player of the century.

and our half back line has half a dozen options and all of them are quicker and use the ball far better than Rory so I dont want to see him sent back there. for a start Parnell looks ten times the Rory is..

there is a buckley’s and none chance of getting a pick between 8-15 for Laird though...

where do we sign?..

and our half back line has half a dozen options and all of them are quicker and use the ball far better than Rory so I dont want to see him sent back there. for a start Parnell looks ten times the Rory is..

there is a buckley’s and none chance of getting a pick between 8-15 for Laird though...
Geez, I really like Parnell but that’s some kind of confidence in a player that has played 0 AFL games

Agree

Jones has plenty of class, starting to show it too.

I reckon Rachele is a bit more than a small forward too

where do we sign?..

I'm a fan of Parnell, what I've seen of him at SANFL I really like, but he still needs a lot of development physically before you can make that call. He would get smashed at AFL level ATM.

Where is he playing in the SANFL? Is playing him on a wing, for example, an option for blooding him in the AFL?
More halfback but does go up on the wing, got named as an emergency so maybe they will do exactly that. Good user, a bit bigger but still looks like a kid playing against men. Physically no worse than Sholl I suppose.

I'm a fan of Parnell, what I've seen of him at SANFL I really like, but he still needs a lot of development physically before you can make that call. He would get smashed at AFL level ATM.
He’s taller and heavier than Bowey at Melbourne- and he goes ok.

If the player is good enough he’ll overcome physical limitations

where do we sign?..

Laird did made the AA team twice as a backman. I hope you are right re Parnell, but it's a bit early to say that he will be ten times the player Laird was when he was playing back there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back