List Mgmt. 2022 List Management and trading thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hypothetical...

Would you trade Laird for a pick 8-15?
Yes as long as we don't waste the pick as Ogilvie has a knack of doing. We need a spot for Taylor who will be better than Laird imo. I would also trade Keays if we can get a top 10 pick for him. I think North would jump at the opportunity to take Keays if JHF leaves end of next year. Would then use one of the top 10 picks to give to gws for Tom Green (offer him 1mil for 6) and use the other in the draft on the best tall mid available. Laird and Keays being traded out should more than pay for Greens wage plus Sloane is coming off the books end of next year. We need a ready made marquee mid.

Last edited:
We should still be miles off paying the salary cap so it's well worth having a dip at free agency.

Angus Brayshaw
Alex Pearce
Karl Amon (to piss off Port)
Bailey Dale
Caleb Daniel

All worth asking serious questions
Was all over Bailey Dale when he was in and out if the team 2019-20 ... it was prime time to target him , his value has shot up now .

We should still be miles off paying the salary cap so it's well worth having a dip at free agency.

Angus Brayshaw
Alex Pearce
Karl Amon (to piss off Port)
Bailey Dale
Caleb Daniel

All worth asking serious questions
Bailey Dale is a player I would interested in. Griffin Logue can't get a game at Freo and worth a look. Alex Pearce is a good player. I wouldn't be interested in Brayshaw or Daniel. Daniel is overrated. Brennan Cox is contracted but they should target him if he wants to come home.

Geez, I really like Parnell but that’s some kind of confidence in a player that has played 0 AFL games
Anyone that thinks Parnell is or will ever be 10 times the player that Rory Laird is needs to take their hand off it.

A dual All Australian and dual AFL club B&F... .common sense says Parnell is very unlikely to ever equal or better that.

He’s taller and heavier than Bowey at Melbourne- and he goes ok.

If the player is good enough he’ll overcome physical limitations
Patty is quick and agile but Bowey is the better athlete especially aerially....Bowey played midfield/forward for the Sandy Dragons against plenty of bigger opponents so he was always much better seasoned to handle the bigger bodies in the AFL.

I like Patty big time but he's a very different player to Parnell outside of the size similarities.

Bailey Dale is a player I would interested in. Griffin Logue can't get a game at Freo and worth a look. Alex Pearce is a good player. I wouldn't be interested in Brayshaw or Daniel. Daniel is overrated. Brennan Cox is contracted but they should target him if he wants to come home.
Forgot about Logue… could be interesting to look into him as a 2nd KPD

Bailey Dale is the most interesting name there to me. Zone breaker, Van never have enough of those

Pearce too, considering our lack of a 2nd KPD, but is he too injury prone?
Didn’t realise Pearce was a FA, he would be good even if injury prone.

None of the kids on the market this year really fix our midfield

Apparently Bailey Dale wants to stay according to John Ralph.

Really need to offer josh dunkley a 3-5 year deal hits the scored board as a mid something we dont have and is only 25

Some rumours on Facebook that Blues would be keen on Sholl if we chose to make him available.
they can have him.. late second would do it… only cause he’s contracted.

thats all we could really expect..

he’s alright but he hasnt exactly set the world on fire and he seems to have allowed a “shirking the contest” trait to creep into his game.l

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah on afl 360 a few weeks back he said not happening.
Totally understandable when we are sitting 3-3 and looking at getting pick 6 or later in the MSD (it drops away pretty quick). Might be a bit different now we are looking at a top 2 MSD pick.

We are tight for list spots at the end of the year, but we can always delist a MSD pick at year end if we absolutely have found no one worse to cut. Low risk, potentially high return play.

Geez, I really like Parnell but that’s some kind of confidence in a player that has played 0 AFL games

I think the context there was ball use from half back rather than any other attributes. I wouldn’t mind seeing Laird rotate through a deep forward role. I think he has the tools to make a decent fist of it. Rotate him, Murphy and Rachele through forward/mid roles.

AFL 2022: Carlton look to bolster their wing stocks with interest in Karl Amon
The son of a former Blue is in Carlton’s trade wish list as the Blues chase a wingman to bolster their centre line.
Carlton will look to bolster its wingman stocks at the end of this season with the Blues among a raft of Victorian-based AFL clubs showing a keen interest in Port Adelaide free agent Karl Amon. The Blues are understood to have made informal enquiries about Amon’s intentions, with the Herald Sun previously revealing St Kilda, Hawthorn and Melbourne also have an interest in the Power wingman. Carlton has also looked at other wing options including restricted free agent and Demons premiership player Angus Brayshaw as well as contracted Crow Lachlan Sholl.

Amon is an unrestricted free agent who could potentially command a long-term deal of around $650,000 per season.

Brayshaw, a wingman who has found a new home at half-back, is a restricted free agent who has also put contract talks on hold for the moment.hehe is expected to be commanding somewhere in the vicinity of $800,000 per season, it would make things more problematic for the Blues.

Sholl, the son of former Carlton player Brad, is contracted to the Crows until the end of 2024.

Haven't seen a write up anywhere. Did you watch and did it tell us anything?
I did, JMO but these were who I liked from the game.

YG's 11.11
VC 6.11

Culley for the Young Guns didn't play today he would be top of my shopping list from this week and last weeks Young Guns team who are all eligible for the MSD

Bests
YG's - Ballantyne (3 goals), D'Ambrosio, Dozzi, Carrigan, Faulkhead, Hall-Kahan

VC - Gilbee, Cadman, Hollands, Bond, Duursma (2023), Wilson (2023),Humphries

Ballantyne an outside mid/wing type with speed and good skills and D'Ambrosio a very neat and attacking small defender were my standouts.
A player Hamish mentioned Lachie Carrigan last year in the run up to the draft as a player they rated at U16's but through injury and Covid had only played a couple of pre-season games in the preceding 2 years so they couldn't pick him but they would be monitoring him going forward played OK last week and much better this week (191cm athletic wingman)

I did, JMO but these were who I liked from the game.

YG's 11.11
VC 6.11

Culley for the Young Guns didn't play today he would be top of my shopping list from this week and last weeks Young Guns team who are all eligible for the MSD

Bests
YG's - Ballantyne (3 goals), D'Ambrosio, Dozzi, Carrigan, Faulkhead, Hall-Kahan

VC - Gilbee, Cadman, Hollands, Bond, Duursma (2023), Wilson (2023),Humphries

Ballantyne an outside mid/wing type with speed and good skills and D'Ambrosio a very neat and attacking small defender were my standouts.
A player Hamish mentioned Lachie Carrigan last year in the run up to the draft as a player they rated at U16's but through injury and Covid had only played a couple of pre-season games in the preceding 2 years so they couldn't pick him but they would be monitoring him going forward played OK last week and much better this week (191cm athletic wingman)
Culley does seem ahead of the rest, but that means he probably gets taken by north in the MSD.

Where does Mitch O'Neil (and maybe sa state best Voss) sit amongst these names? And is anyone other than Culley worth putting on the list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back