List Mgmt. 2022 List Management and trading thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this format on the West Coast board and thought it might help understand our current list position

1665798571288.png

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
And for those blatantly disrespectful to Craig the simple fact is without him we very likely don’t win the flags 97 and 98. His revolutionary tapering made all the difference as we repeatedly ran over teams in the second half of the big finals in both 97 and 98. Extraordinary fitness effort considering we were on the road 5 weeks in row in 98 (playing in Perth in the final minor round) and won 4 straight in 97

Another lesson lost from the flags. Our strategy was to be physically at our peak in those flag tears. These days we don’t look past the 4 points on offer and when we’ve made the finals we’re banged up and gassed, having put everything into each minor round game with no strategy to freshen or be at our peak in September.

crows dude

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 20, 2005
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
turn it up...

blight absolutely confused the crap out of opponent coaches through bizarre team selections, field placements, match day tactics and blight x factor as though he was on the field

% contribution to flags:
original list selection rules 5/10
blight 4/10
craigy 1/10

and on the tapering - that has later been disputed. they were also on some vitamin jungle juice which was later banned which at the time was legal (barely). I'm sure someone else will remember what its called.
Shane Ellen at Full Forward. Then moved to half back where he kicks 3 in the second half and 5 for the match
Darren Jarman starting in the centre being tagged by Thompson then disappearing to full forward messing up St Kildas match ups.

The things that Blighty did probably wouldnt work in nowadays though. Everything is through the week and not much match days coaching goes on.

70lethal

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Those days were about commitment to the Guernsey ......money didn't dilute that, as it has now

Yes, Cahill and Kerley were the greatest motivators SA football saw

I'm a huge advocate of confidence allowing you to play 50% better ......it's why players play better after 50 games, they know they're AFL players by then ....and the game slows for them
It's why McAsey is about building his confidence .....particularly with introvert personalities
There's guys who run on confidence and then there's guys that just know they are good and consistency is the benefit.
Cahill got a whole team to believe they could win any game for a decade.
Thuggery and intimidation didn't go astray.

Fos left a legacy at Port where as Kerley left one at state level.
While Kerley was successful at most clubs they fell away after he left.

Blighty taught football. He made guys like Roo and Ablett better players.

BunjiMac

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
There's guys who run on confidence and then there's guys that just know they are good and consistency is the benefit.
Cahill got a whole team to believe they could win any game for a decade.
Thuggery and intimidation didn't go astray.

Fos left a legacy at Port where as Kerley left one at state level.
While Kerley was successful at most clubs they fell away after he left.

Blighty taught football. He made guys like Roo and Ablett better players.
McLeod credits Blight with the same thing.

Blight also has a knack of seeing things in players and getting the best out of them.

This had nothing to do with how they trained, he saw talent and somehow was able to get it to shine.

Oct 11, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
South Adelaide, Everton, NY Yankees
Why can't we get Blighty back to the club, a bit like the way Mark Williams is used at Melbourne and was also at Richmond? Now I know Chocko is universally loved by the players he coaches and Blight .... well ... wasn't, but there's got to be something he can offer given his incredible ability to see the skills in players.

Apr 5, 2015
The future
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AC Milan, Arsenal, North Adelaide
Why can't we get Blighty back to the club, a bit like the way Mark Williams is used at Melbourne and was also at Richmond? Now I know Chocko is universally loved by the players he coaches and Blight .... well ... wasn't, but there's got to be something he can offer given his incredible ability to see the skills in players.
I think he’s too busy golfing and shooting caravan commercials.

Stepover

Team Captain
Oct 2, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide

Past it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crow2crow

Trapped in Victoria
Sep 13, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Shane Ellen at Full Forward. Then moved to half back where he kicks 3 in the second half and 5 for the match
Darren Jarman starting in the centre being tagged by Thompson then disappearing to full forward messing up St Kildas match ups.

The things that Blighty did probably wouldnt work in nowadays though. Everything is through the week and not much match days coaching goes on.
it would work even more if you ask me

Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
coaches are even less skilled now in going off plan on match day so if you do it - how does the other counter it?
Are they less skilled or do they recognise that just putting player x forward is not going to have that much of an impact when the game is now tactically primarily system based?

Coaches still try things from time to time, including Nicks, e.g. Dawson forward, Murray ruck etc.

Also it’s all well and good to say Blight was a genius for swinging Jarman forward, but I dare say a lot of coaches could’ve pulled off some seemingly genius moves if they had him at their disposal.

Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
If we don’t get JHF, we need to go incredibly hard at Zac Bailey

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
none of rowe murphy mchenry should be playing but neither should newchurch-work rate is really poor if last weeks match is anything to go by

we dont need any of them we will have rachele, rankine, peds, macadam all best 22 - all are fast and all (other than rankine) tackle and all are goal capable unlike who they played this year
Natural selection PLUS the TPP will sort out lists ......yet you look at most of the Finalists and look at their bottom 6 players in the team .....very few, nay none, bat all the way to #22

Look at RICH .....Tarrant, Miller, Broad, Ross, and Baker (who I'd compare with McHenry) ......hardly skilled players, they are competitive role players though ......and god forbid, you look at the BULLDOGS bottom 6 players

What I'm saying is, even us, at the end of the rebuild will still have the likes of a Jones and McHenry playing.....or similar types, supporters will savage each week .....TPP ensures that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back