Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobbler

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Going incredibly early here.

Angus Brayshaw as free agent? Do we have a crack?
Lachie Neale?
Do we throw money at Luke Jackson?

Obviously we need to see how the side goes this season. I only mention as read an article about free agents and Angus Brayshaw seems a logical one we may target.

Purple_Turtle

Stockholm Syndrome
Oct 12, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Hull City
Put a nail in the coffin of the Tim English/Sean Darcy debate forever. English to Freo.

With our schizen draft hand after our 1st rounder - I would think a priority for us is to hope Rory has a cracker and we can extract a 2nd rounder for him.

freodog

Club Legend
Oct 15, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
English to Freo seems a likely outcome. Is he an upgrade on Lobb though?

I thought English was tracking well but then he got knocked out and seemed to lose confidence for a while. I think he tried to get it together for the finals but still was a bit off.

I think he will still be a good player but will take a while until he gets battle hardened to play in the Ruck regularly.

Trouble with Neale is he’ll cost us our first rounder or a future first…..just not worth it. English will be the same

Jackson would cost the farm ...not worth it.

Put games into the core and use that first pick.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Trouble with Neale is he’ll cost us our first rounder or a future first…..just not worth it. English will be the samen

Jackson would cost the farm ...not worth it.

Put games into the core and use that first pick.
I've got no problem giving up the farm for right player (Ben King, McCluggage, etc.) But Neale isn't in that bracket for mine, he's too old and not in a position of great need. So yeah unless a player of that calibre wants to come to Freo you just hit the draft.

Dec 6, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Would be amazed if we targeted an inside mid, just as I was amazed when we targeted a hbf this year.

Perhaps Neale from Geelong if he doesn't get an opportunity.
I like this, the problem is that Shannon Neale is at Geelong so they’ll expect a second round pick that we don’t have even if he doesn’t play a game in 2022. They used pick 33 to get him so will want something similar in return.

With our schizen draft hand after our 1st rounder - I would think a priority for us is to hope Rory has a cracker and we can extract a 2nd rounder for him.
we’ve had schizen draft hands to start trade period and then ended up fixing it up, in Belly and Wallsy we trust imo

rgauci

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 16, 2004
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
DOCKERS
Free agents: Macrae, Moore, DeGoey, Heeney, Dale, Short, Amon, Brayshaw…

All very good players, the least desirable personality is unfortunately the best fit onfield.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
I like this, the problem is that Shannon Neale is at Geelong so they’ll expect a second round pick that we don’t have even if he doesn’t play a game in 2022. They used pick 33 to get him so will want something similar in return.
Lobb or Tucker for Neale and ...? Obviously I have no idea how Neale is going, but he won't have a high trade value. And if he does, walk away.

My biggest concern is that his first name is Shannon.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Lobb or Tucker for Neale and ...? Obviously I have no idea how Neale is going, but he won't have a high trade value. And if he does, walk away.

My biggest concern is that his first name is Shannon.
If we were trading Lobb for Neale, I would be expecting a second rounder to come back our way as well, Lobb is a known quality while Neale is very speculative at this stage, seems like a better forward than Meek and has a couple of years in development on Benning but have no idea how he is going as VIC had few VFL games this year.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
If we were trading Lobb for Neale, I would be expecting a second rounder to come back our way as well, Lobb is a known quality while Neale is very speculative at this stage, seems like a better forward than Meek and has a couple of years in development on Benning but have no idea how he is going as VIC had few VFL games this year.
You're suggesting Lobb being a known quality like it's a good thing? I'm not suggesting a direct swap.

Anyway, Geelong just grabbed Conway in the draft so that trade wouldn't happen as a direct trade.

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
I haven’t seen anything to indicate we should be considering Shannon Neale? He hasn’t played yet for Geelong, surely if he was any good they would have extended his contract? Also they look a ruckman with their first pick in the draft this year, a further indication that that are not sure of Neale making the grade. If he’s available as a delisted free agent, I suppose there’s nothing to lose apart from the list spot, but then if he’s actually any good, he probably won’t be a DFA will he.
Finally, we just drafted Benning for the same position.

Heeney would look good at freo. No chance but.

Realistically we are no chance with any.

Trade into the next draft with futures, keep our 1st to keep adding to the forward line. Best small forward

I think the Ben King sweep stakes may make next season's draft a little crazy.

You'd think Essendon, Collingwood, North Melb & St Kilda will be trying to throw up competitive bids and rather than target them (they'll all be chasing 1st rounders or future 1sts so not interested) - we should be into Gold Coast in case he walks.

If Ben walks it the price could be high let's just say First round and a 2nd round (ignoring future picks). If it was (let's just say Essendon for arguments sake) that could give the Suns in 2022-
3, 11, 20, 21, 26, 29, 38, 39, 56, 62

The Suns will be cashed up and we needs some mid range picks - Bell & Co showed Gold Coast how easy we are to deal with ...would be interesting to see who is coming through our ranks that may be interested?

I'm a dog too - if Fyfe wanted to cash in on his career and sign a long term deal with them ....I'd say include Pick 3 as the corner stone of a package and we'd have a real serious look at it. Gold Coast must have a ton of cash in reserve to keep King ...I wonder if Fyfe would consider a Buddy deal?

Otherwise do we have any fringe players worthy of a 26-39 pick?

Throw your rocks now.

Tbonefreo

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 13, 2013
Wagga
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think the Ben King sweep stakes may make next season's draft a little crazy.

You'd think Essendon, Collingwood, North Melb & St Kilda will be trying to throw up competitive bids and rather than target them (they'll all be chasing 1st rounders or future 1sts so not interested) - we should be into Gold Coast in case he walks.

If Ben walks it the price could be high let's just say First round and a 2nd round (ignoring future picks). If it was (let's just say Essendon for arguments sake) that could give the Suns in 2022-
3, 11, 20, 21, 26, 29, 38, 39, 56, 62

The Suns will be cashed up and we needs some mid range picks - Bell & Co showed Gold Coast how easy we are to deal with ...would be interesting to see who is coming through our ranks that may be interested?

I'm a dog too - if Fyfe wanted to cash in on his career and sign a long term deal with them ....I'd say include Pick 3 as the corner stone of a package and we'd have a real serious look at it. Gold Coast must have a ton of cash in reserve to keep King ...I wonder if Fyfe would consider a Buddy deal?

Otherwise do we have any fringe players worthy of a 26-39 pick?

Throw your rocks now.
A first and second round for Ben King?

Our very own club champion shipped off?

Tell him he's dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back