Resource 2022 Membership - 63,240 as at August 25th

Remove this Banner Ad

Another somewhat interesting question which relates to the last few posts is how different things would be if it hadn't been for the no-captains disaster in 2019. Would people have been more likely to hold the line?

Its such a simple decision for me to stay a member given an international membership is so cheap relatively speaking. I'm not sure how I'd approach it if I was paying big bucks.
Honestly co-captains pissed me off but at least it was with the intent of wanting to win.

I get far more pissed off with the acceptance if mediocrity than how many captains we have.

We have always been open to change in the charge for success and quick to piss it off it it didn't help achieve the ultimate goal.

But when it feels like we are happy with mediocrity that is when we stop being Port Adelaide.

Honestly co-captains pissed me off but at least it was with the intent of wanting to win.

I completely disagree with this.

It was an exercise in avoiding making a tough decision and fits with Ol' Ken Boy's method of being super-happy friends with all his BoysTown citizens. They just spun it as "it'll help us win".

I get far more pissed off with the acceptance if mediocrity than how many captains we have.

We have always been open to change in the charge for success and quick to piss it off it it didn't help achieve the ultimate goal.

But when it feels like we are happy with mediocrity that is when we stop being Port Adelaide.
Im talking about at the end when it was very clear this was never the intention behind it. If it had been about winning you wouldnt have people at the end of a losing year call it a "success" and have no accountability for the season.

It was purely because they lacked the guts to make a call on who should be captain. That should be clear now.

Im talking about at the end when it was very clear this was never the intention behind it. If it had been about winning you wouldnt have people at the end of a losing year call it a "success" and have no accountability for the season.

It was purely because they lacked the guts to make a call on who should be captain. That should be clear now.

Lacking guts sums up the organisation from top to bottom.

I had a break from Port membership in 2020. I was burnt out mentally/emotionally.

The Aboriginal programs, the plans for redevelopment, the input with educational programs, interest in the new recruits and trading, sponsorships, the new Port women's team etc are all bigger then Hinkley, who's tenure must be circling the drain now.

I feel my membership $'s support something bigger then just Hinkley as coach. I'm happy I came back on board again.

Its like when Mum rips you off financially, it hurts on an emotional level but she's still ya Mum and your love her and you don't just cut her out of your life because she does the wrong thing on occasion.

Obviously the figure they'd been waiting for.
There is usually bugger all difference between any figure released the last day or two before the club closes up for Christmas, and a week after the Club opens up again in the new year.

There is usually bugger all difference between any figure released the last day or two before the club closes up for Christmas, and a week after the Club opens up again in the new year.

Old mate richo said it was 50k two weeks ago lol. Hasn't moved much hey richo? Oh that's right. It wasnt 50k at the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Old mate richo said it was 50k two weeks ago lol. Hasn't moved much hey richo? Oh that's right. It wasnt 50k at the time.
So what if it was 49,973.

The total has moved about 300 between late December and a week or so after the club reopens in the new year, the last two times they've given late December and then mid Jan figure updates.

22 December 2016 (a Thursday) 50,027 and 19 January 2017 50,356
22 December 2017 (a Friday)..... 51,114 and 18 January 2018 51,462

So what if it was 49,973.

The total has moved about 300 between late December and a week or so after the club reopens in the new year, the last two times they've given late December and then mid Jan figure updates.

22 December 2016 (a Thursday) 50,027 and 19 January 2017 50,356
22 December 2017 (a Friday)..... 51,114 and 18 January 2018 51,462

There you go - the last two times they gave numbers before the break they were 50k+, but not this time once again. 50k is the magic number.

There you go - the last two times they gave numbers before the break they were 50k+, but not this time once again. 50k is the magic number.
How much do you reckon the numbers have moved since 21st December when they shut up shop?
On 24 December 2018 they released a total of 49,110 but didn't release the next one until late January.
December 2019 the last figure was actually 29th November and the mid December 2020 figure can't really compare because of covid uncertainty and only 33k had signed up.

Being 20 or 30 shy of 50k when you shut shop for Christmas is hardly a first order problem for the club.

How much do you reckon the numbers have moved since 21st December when they shut up shop?
On 24 December 2018 they released a total of 49,110 but didn't release the next one until late January.
December 2019 the last figure was actually 29th November and the mid December 2020 figure can't really compare because of covid uncertainty and only 33k had signed up.

Being 20 or 30 shy of 50k when you shut shop for Christmas is hardly a first order problem for the club.

I don't ******* care!

I was going to make my membership card digital only, but the option of Butters as the image on my card was too good to refuse.

I’m soft, I renewed.

Was thinking of all the ace things I could have otherwise done in Adelaide through the winter and realised I’d be sat at home watching it on telly 😂.

Was too hard to drop something I enjoy (most of the time) and the feeling of ‘belonging’.

I’ll be fuming if all the games are missed because of ‘reduced’ capacity again!

I’m soft, I renewed.

Was thinking of all the ace things I could have otherwise done in Adelaide through the winter and realised I’d be sat at home watching it on telly 😂.

Was too hard to drop something I enjoy (most of the time) and the feeling of ‘belonging’.

I’ll be fuming if all the games are missed because of ‘reduced’ capacity again!
I haven't had a call yet, they wouldn't want me paying for 11 games, attending two and folding my arms so hard I exsanguinate over my seating neighbors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back