2022 Membership Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong = 33,927
I am not across whether these tallies are in growth Vs last year.

Gut feel. Tigers around parity or slightly behind.

Bombers tracking well, Pies flat or slightly down but unsure. I can’t remember a point around now in previous years where Essendon were ahead of Collingwood. At a guess i’d say the Pies figure doesn’t include around 2,500 AFLW members in its total but I’m not sure. I don’t think they should be included in the consolidated figure but I can see why we could argue the flip side of this. Once 4 remaining clubs get their AFLW licence it won’t matter then.

Carlton are around 300-400 up on last year but their auto renewals would be much higher so it could be going slightly worse than the current figure suggests. Time will tell.

Saints going well but again last years growth probably reflected in higher auto rollovers, like Blues let’s wait and see.

Head to head

Carlton
  • 25/11/2020 = 53,719
  • 25/11/2021 = 52,668
St Kilda
  • 25/11/2020 = 26,338
  • 25/11/2021 = 32,573
I think the current Carlton figure hasn’t moved in over a week. I expect the Blues are probably just over 54,000, making them tracking nicely just ahead of last year….. Blues fans, any update?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know, but without this, it seems implausible that their total would increase 25k in just 4 weeks.
True. I don’t know how their renewal and tracking pattens go. Some clubs have high proportion of rollovers and then their numbers slow down (Hawthorn / Carlton) whilst some clubs start slower and come home faster (Essendon). I was of belief the Dees were a club that locked them in before Xmas and slowed up after Xmas. I’m not full book on Dees pattens.

What were they on this time last year? Given Bulldogs are over 30,000, I’d have thought they have some work to do.

True. I don’t know how their renewal and tracking pattens go. Some clubs have high proportion of rollovers and then their numbers slow down (Hawthorn / Carlton) whilst some clubs start slower and come home faster (Essendon). I was of belief the Dees were a club that locked them in before Xmas and slowed up after Xmas. I’m not full book on Dees pattens.

What were they on this time last year? Given Bulldogs are over 30,000, I’d have thought they have some work to do.

I've just discovered this, but it doesn't support my MCC theory.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back