List Mgmt. 2022 Mid-Season Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I watch more juniors than sanfl but my thought was Carmichael plays hff and high midfielder

Closer to what rozee and Spp have played for us rather than strictly an on baller. Tho someone who’s watched more sanfl might disagree
I'm pretty sure his a midfielder .

PORT Adelaide has a very short list of prospective recruiting targets, but it will bypass Wednesday's mid-season draft should those State league players be called by the seven AFL clubs with earlier picks.

And if any player is called to Alberton on Wednesday evening, it will be with a long-term view to list management not as an answer to just an immediate need this season.

"We won't participate in the mid-season draft unless the players we have identified get through to our pick," Port Adelaide football chief Chris Davies said at Alberton on Monday.

Port Adelaide

Pick range: 7-9
Needs: The Power will have a hole in their medium-sized forward stocks after Connor Rozee’s move into the midfield and with Robbie Gray and Steven Motlop well into the twilight of their careers. Jake Pasini was in good form before a knee injury ruled him out meaning potential key backs are also being monitored.

Potential targets:
Spring heeled 191 cm forward Jacob Bauer from the Swans’ academy fits the bill, having booted 15 goals in five games in the SANFL. It includes a bag of five against the Crows’ seconds.

Eagles spoke to Jai Culley again yesterday, expecting him to now go at pick one. And Roos very keen on intercept defender Kallan Dawson at pick two. Dawson was playing B grade amateurs last year (John Ralph).

Eagles spoke to Jai Culley again yesterday, expecting him to now go at pick one. And Roos very keen on intercept defender Kallan Dawson at pick two. Dawson was playing B grade amateurs last year (John Ralph).
Kallan Dawson will feel right at home with the standard of footy at North then. With an AFL contract he can finally afford spelling lessons for his parents.

Not sure how he'll handle the step down to playing at North, but good luck to him

If we are interested in a medium forward marking target like Bauer, then Hugo Hall-Kahan could be a chance

18yo – 188cm – 80kg

Showing off x-factor in the forward half, Hall-Kahan has been fantastic for the Dragons with his aerial ability and ground level presence. He plays above his height with his contested marking and hard leading patterns, but then doubles up as a pressure forward when the ball hits the ground where he’s kicked bags of goals in the NAB League.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we are interested in a medium forward marking target like Bauer, then Hugo Hall-Kahan could be a chance

18yo – 188cm – 80kg

Showing off x-factor in the forward half, Hall-Kahan has been fantastic for the Dragons with his aerial ability and ground level presence. He plays above his height with his contested marking and hard leading patterns, but then doubles up as a pressure forward when the ball hits the ground where he’s kicked bags of goals in the NAB League.

We all know if we get a small that can mark overhead then Ken will play him at FF with Georgie, Charlie, Todd and the Fin up the ground.

We all know if we get a small that can mark overhead then Ken will play him at FF with Georgie, Charlie, Todd and the Fin up the ground.

I have no doubt Jye Menzie would spend time playing out of the goal square. A 188-191cm player could confuse Ken sufficiently to allow him to run around the ground more.

Another point of interest in the mid-season draft comes in the form of Casey Voss.

Voss, a 21-year-old defender, won Sturt’s best and fairest last year in the SANFL and has averaged 22 disposals and 10 marks a game this year, attracting speculation being the son of Carlton coach, Michael.

However, Twomey believes the son-of-a-gun is more unlikely than likely to win an AFL spot.

“I wouldn’t say we expect to see him to go, I think he'd be one of the surprises if he gets a shot,” Twomey added.

Twomey comments on Durdin and Voss' chances ahead of mid-season draft

Another point of interest in the mid-season draft comes in the form of Casey Voss.

Voss, a 21-year-old defender, won Sturt’s best and fairest last year in the SANFL and has averaged 22 disposals and 10 marks a game this year, attracting speculation being the son of Carlton coach, Michael.

However, Twomey believes the son-of-a-gun is more unlikely than likely to win an AFL spot.

“I wouldn’t say we expect to see him to go, I think he'd be one of the surprises if he gets a shot,” Twomey added.

Twomey comments on Durdin and Voss' chances ahead of mid-season draft

If he gets overlooked again he should seek out that other son of a gun, James Rowe, for guidance.

Someone on the mid season draft thread has mentioned on sen last we were linked to Zane Williams a small forward from WWT 😂

Someone on the mid season draft thread has mentioned on sen last we were linked to Zane Williams a small forward from WWT 😂
He looks like Ned McHenry with the Feral Kid (Mad Max 2) mullet.

183cm and 71kg - may as well lock him in now.

Last edited:
From what Chris Davies has said it sounds like we are looking for a young, development prospect. This suggests a young KP or Ruck to me. Mutaz El Nour sounds a promising KPD who could meet that description.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back