List Mgmt. 2022 Mid-Season Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it's a good idea to pick a raw young player no way should we go down the mid 20 state league player to fill gaps.
We should be looking at the types of players that generally come out of the rookie list as its a similar proposition.

Rucks, KPD and goal kicking small forwards.

Fortunately those are the 3 things we need.

Personally I'd rather it to be the 2 latter ones just because then we might be able to look forward to an impact this season.

Port Adelaide has spent time on ruck pair Ramsden and more mature option Teakle from the WAFL, with Hall-Kahan also a chance

I have no doubt Jye Menzie would spend time playing out of the goal square. A 188-191cm player could confuse Ken sufficiently to allow him to run around the ground more.
Yes in kens mind I think

Under 185cm = marking forward

Over 190cm = marathon runner

In between = inside mid

our track record in this mid-season draft fills me with no confidence whatsoever.

If the mid-season draft was a nail gun we would be in a hospital Emergency Department

Port Adelaide has spent time on ruck pair Ramsden and more mature option Teakle from the WAFL, with Hall-Kahan also a chance

I'm not suggesting Teakle can't play but watching that clip he had more open space to run into than what would be available in the Marion shopping centre car park at 3.00 am.
I don't know if either of those teams are contenders, but the acres of available space all over the ground and the lack of pressure suggests the WAFL is at least another level down from the SANFL

I'm a little surprised that we would be looking at a development ruck. That's what Visentini is, so do we need another one? Ramsden won't be any more support for Hayes than Dante.

I know they're looking long term, but it is not the typical modern Port ruck strategy. Unless they view Ramsden as a genuine forward option who can ruck, like Ladhams.

Still, so far we've been linked with ruckmen, a small forward, a mid and an X-factor medium forward, so clearly nobody really knows what we will do.

I'm a little surprised that we would be looking at a development ruck. That's what Visentini is, so do we need another one? Ramsden won't be any more support for Hayes than Dante.

I know they're looking long term, but it is not the typical modern Port ruck strategy. Unless they view Ramsden as a genuine forward option who can ruck, like Ladhams.

Still, so far we've been linked with ruckmen, a small forward, a mid and an X-factor medium forward, so clearly nobody really knows what we will do.

Stable inconsistency.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not suggesting Teakle can't play but watching that clip he had more open space to run into than what would be available in the Marion shopping centre car park at 3.00 am.
I don't know if either of those teams are contenders, but the acres of available space all over the ground and the lack of pressure suggests the WAFL is at least another level down from the SANFL
East Fremantle Teakles Team are top at the moment (first time in a long time).
I do go to some of the games here so have seen him a couple of times this year.
Good size can mark reasonable kick but like you say it’s not a great comp but would be on par with the sanfl.
State game SA won a couple weeks back but it went down to just about the last kick.
Anyone with that size and with some ability could do ok under a decent coach 😛

East Fremantle Teakles Team are top at the moment (first time in a long time).
I do go to some of the games here so have seen him a couple of times this year.
Good size can mark reasonable kick but like you say it’s not a great comp but would be on par with the sanfl.
State game SA won a couple weeks back but it went down to just about the last kick.
Anyone with that size and with some ability could do ok under a decent coach 😛
So that leaves Port out then.

Reportedly 6 clubs interested in Bauer and his coach Jacob Surjan rates him highly

The 191cm utility played in defence in a trial match against the Adelaide Crows' reserve side, but then started the SANFL season down forward, and kicked consecutive bags of five goals in Rounds 2 and 2, exciting North Adelaide coach and ex-Port Adelaide player, Jacob Surjan.

"He has a great ability to mark the ball and read the flight of the ball in the air. He’s really competitive as well and he’s a beautiful set shot," Surjan told News.com.au.

"He knows the areas of the game that he needs to get better at, but he’s got a lot of things that AFL clubs need and like.

Pies, Bombers among six clubs reportedly interested in athletic SANFL forward

bauer does look like he can play. does he fill a current need in the forward line, probably not. we probably take him and play him in defence lol.

If we go for a small forward , will come down to Zane Williams (15 goal this yr) vs Jye Menzie ( 20 goals this yr), would seem from my reading that Jye is better by foot , with some criticism of Zanes kicking? Zane played with Mead and Burgoyne in u18s so would have been more closely watched as junior. Not sure what the knock on him was in 2020 draft yr.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back