MRP / Trib. 2022 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Shows what a farce the AFL is, many camera angles, one showing Kennedy had no eyes on the ball, just Doc and his intent was to create hurt, make a statement to stop our run.

I'm happy with 2 weeks once he is ready to return to football after his injury, the saving grace was that Kennedy hurt himself otherwise that could have got ugly.

Picture yourself at a suburban game watching your son or daughter play and this occurs in front of you, I would guess most would need to be restrained. It is not part of the game and is part of what needs to be cleaned out of the game. Big FAIL from the AFL.
There’s corruptions left right and centre
It’s an absolute joke
There is no way in hell a Carlton player would of got just one week
The media would have gone to town
But yet they are all silent
BS

What a joke! :thumbsdown:

Chad Warner also charged with wrestling Stocker.
$1K sanction with an early plea.
Would like to understand the reasoning behind the Doc hit.

I call it 2wks min, easily - it's not low impact because Doc had to come off the ground:

1653278107601.png

I call it 2wks min, easily - it's not low impact because Doc had to come off the ground:

View attachment 1407308

Was assessed as Careless Conduct, Medium Impact, High Contact.

Agree should have been intentional, medium and high - 2 WEEKS!

I'm out of character.
Ghosts Reaction GIF by CBS

View attachment 1407308
I thought it was 2 down to 1 with an early plea.
Seems like they applied the reduction for a 1st offence, but it's effectively 1 week down to... 1 week with an early plea.
Same/same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No reductions for early plee anymore. They changed it a few years back.
It literally states it in all the match reviews. Seems a redundant statement to say they can accept one match with an early plea if that's all that's on offer.
What happens if he pleads not guilty? Still a one match ban?

Still don't know how you can be looking at a guy, no intention of going for the ball, point your elbow and get someone in the middle of the head, and only get 1 week.

Probably based on his long history of good behaviour

View attachment 1407308
Totally incomprehensible. Earlier in the year, Brayden Maynard got 2 weeks for a similar incident, and he did actually get fist to ball, which is surely some mitigation for high contact.

By MRO logic, you get 1 week for intentionally whacking the man, and an extra week if you collect the Sherrin as well :drunk: .

I didn't think that there was much in it tbh.
It was clumsy, I didn't see it as trying to take Doc out though.
I don't think he was trying to elbow Doc in the face, but he certainly tried to make him hurt on that mark (make him earn it).
Kennedy's reputation speaks for itself. He's been a fair player for a long time, but you could see he was frustrated in the play prior to what led to the hit.
He looks at the ball for a split second, then glances down and puts all his focus on Doc, while charging at him. Knew he was going to be late to the contest, left the ground and collected Doc high, so deserves what it got, but I don't believe he was out to injure, or deliberately whack him. He just wanted to make it a hard contest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back