MRP / Trib. 2022 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

You don't see that the MRO is corrupted by the when the AFL General Manager of Football tries to change a rule by proxy, with his own interpretation of the rules

which has been proven by the tribunal to be wrong?
as I've previously said - please pay attention - they are their own rules, they regulate themselves, they manipulate and change at will, what is it you don't get?

It literally states it in all the match reviews. Seems a redundant statement to say they can accept one match with an early plea if that's all that's on offer.
What happens if he pleads not guilty? Still a one match ban?
If a club pleads not guilty and lose there is an additional $10,000 sanction payable by the club but the suspension length remains the same.

so how do you know the games aren't fixed? or is the afl just a "little bit" corrupt? our cheating was discovered, assessed and punished - things are in place to ensure that stuff doesn't happen again, I hope - the claims here by too many people are ongoing, systemic corruption by the sports ruling body

I actually never said that I think the AFL is corrupt, I’m not sure what word fits the description best. I was pointing out the huge popularity with sports that have massive worldwide following, despite repeated uncovering of corruption and suggesting that many people are oblivious or just don’t care.

What term do you use for an organisation that conducts an internal investigation into one of its clubs, finds no doping, only for WADA to come in and suspend all players for 12 months?

Investigating a club for tanking, find the club not guilty of tanking, but hit them with a big fine anyway?

Banning a club from signing free agents for two years despite never sanctioning the club with any offence.

Handing out draft concessions to us and GC with GC getting more despite finishing higher on the ladder.

Taking Millions of $$$$ in sponsorship money from organisations that have been found to harm people (Alcohol and gambling)

Allowing clubs to make Millions of $$$$ from machines that have been found to harm people (pokies)

How would you describe situations like these or what would you call them? Manipulating events or situations to get a favourable outcome for the organisation, sounds like a little bit corrupt. Are you saying you don’t believe that AFL has levels of corruption or are you just sick of the complaining?

The comments regarding corrupt umpires, free kicks, MRO verdicts, fixed results, anti Carlton rubbish are just that, rubbish, but I’m interested to hear what you call the other scenarios?

I also believe there is a lot of corruption in politics, but I still voted last week

Then you've made your decision. Quit your belly aching. Hey I know the fish is rotten but I'll eat it anyway and complain about it later. Spare me.
I wonder if you see the irony in this stance?

You spend an awful lot of time criticising the views and opinions of people on this forum, and yet you continue to spend an inordinate amount of time on this forum reading those very opinions?

If they're so unpalatable that you feel the need to comment and deride so continuously, why are you here?

If you've decided that reading other opinions and comment on the board is worth the effort of having to also see opinions you don't like, then perhaps you'd consider "quitting your belly aching"?

I was just responding to your half-rhetorical question, but I guess I'll play.

No, I don't believe the AFL is corrupt.

There are vested interests, lots of backroom dealings, a very concentrated and insular management. There's a distinct lack of transparency. And the media is clearly very tightly controlled.

That's not enough to call it corrupt. I don't think there's some evil villain behind the scenes pulling strings. But I wouldn't give it a great governance rating either.

I was just making the point that many sports have questionable governance. FIFA is probably about as corrupt as it gets and soccer is the most popular sport in the world.

TL-DR; Love of a sport and hatred of its regulatory body are not mutually exclusive.
You can't put a tl;dr at the end of a 124 word post!

I mean, you can, but this is intolerable!

That is corrupt. What don't you get?
It isn't. No collusion, no bribery, no breaking federal or state laws, no restraint of trade. You follow a sport that is run and regulated within its own little kingdom. Until that changes you pretty much have to accept it. But of course you won't because complaining is the Australian national anthem.

I wonder if you see the irony in this stance?

You spend an awful lot of time criticising the views and opinions of people on this forum, and yet you continue to spend an inordinate amount of time on this forum reading those very opinions?

If they're so unpalatable that you feel the need to comment and deride so continuously, why are you here?

If you've decided that reading other opinions and comment on the board is worth the effort of having to also see opinions you don't like, then perhaps you'd consider "quitting your belly aching"?
What. And leave the place to the likes of the dungeon dwellers? Hardly. There are a few posters here worth the s**t-sifting. Pushing back against the deluded bleaters is a burden I'm prepared to accept. I don't ask for payment.

you are possibly the sole poster here who shows any genuine sign of an open-mind - not because you listen to me, but because you have a history of it - credit to you for at least considering options to your own beliefs.............
Thanks Thy I’m an analyst so have a pretty analytical mind. I also have an uncanny ability to self analyse. You have the ability to let me self analyse when it comes to footy … thinking about your posts I looked internally and wondered where, whenever something slightly iffy happens concerning the AFL why does it annoy me so much … I realised it was the * drug scandal (which I think you too can agree was a really bad showing by the AFL) but it made me realise that something slightly iffy does not need the same response as their behaviour during the * scandal was at one side by f the spectrum and most other stuff was the other side. So I’ll modify my behaviour and just appreciate that we have a great game to enjoy and thankfully now what seems a great team in the making to also enjoy.

What i really find amusing is the commentary around umpiring and or decisions

Rarely do I see, "oh, that was a 50/50 that could have gone either way", "think the umpire has made an error there", "That wasn't/was a free"

But when I see "That umpire is a cheat" it just shows me how narrow minded people are. Not to mention " a player betting against us" when selecting which way a captain points after a coin toss

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If a club pleads not guilty and lose there is an additional $10,000 sanction payable by the club but the suspension length remains the same.
Which kind of makes the statement that a player can accept a 1 match ban with an early plea, completely redundant. Just say that it's a 1 match ban.

I actually never said that I think the AFL is corrupt, I’m not sure what word fits the description best. I was pointing out the huge popularity with sports that have massive worldwide following, despite repeated uncovering of corruption and suggesting that many people are oblivious or just don’t care.

What term do you use for an organisation that conducts an internal investigation into one of its clubs, finds no doping, only for WADA to come in and suspend all players for 12 months?

Investigating a club for tanking, find the club not guilty of tanking, but hit them with a big fine anyway?

Banning a club from signing free agents for two years despite never sanctioning the club with any offence.

Handing out draft concessions to us and GC with GC getting more despite finishing higher on the ladder.

Taking Millions of $$$$ in sponsorship money from organisations that have been found to harm people (Alcohol and gambling)

Allowing clubs to make Millions of $$$$ from machines that have been found to harm people (pokies)

How would you describe situations like these or what would you call them? Manipulating events or situations to get a favourable outcome for the organisation, sounds like a little bit corrupt. Are you saying you don’t believe that AFL has levels of corruption or are you just sick of the complaining?

The comments regarding corrupt umpires, free kicks, MRO verdicts, fixed results, anti Carlton rubbish are just that, rubbish, but I’m interested to hear what you call the other scenarios?

I also believe there is a lot of corruption in politics, but I still voted last week
Nice post DangerousD

Just watched the Buddy incident a few times. Buddy deserves a week, no doubt.
However, Cotchin, should have been reported too and at the least given a fine. I cite the Lewis Young and subsequent commentary from the AFL to support my view. Buddy was nowhere near the ball and Cotchin was being a pest. Buddy then gets some momentum and Cotchin not only braces but tucks up and hits Buddy right up the middle. Buddy’s head goes back indicating either Cotchin has made contact with his head or he has got him “forcefully”. Forceful front on contact.

I spent too much time thinking about this 🤦🏼‍♂️

Will be interested to see what Smith gets for a head butt

Really concerning that non footy acts are getting fines or 1 week

Won’t happen but intentional and sever to cause harm = 3 to 4 weeks. Umpire did his job as well and reported him on the spot. When was the last time that happened? Will kill my fantasy team but such acts should not be tolerated.
The media are already playing it down however.....amazing.

Will be interested to see what Smith gets for a head butt

Really concerning that non footy acts are getting fines or 1 week
Won’t happen but intentional and sever to cause harm = 3 to 4 weeks. Umpire did his job as well and reported him on the spot. When was the last time that happened? Will kill my fantasy team but such acts should not be tolerated.
The media are already playing it down however.....amazing.
Should be multiple weeks.

Headbutts are a very cheap shot and can cause alot of damage. Can easily break someone's nose or smash their teeth with a headbutt.

Should take it straight to tribunal and give him 3 - 4 weeks.

Cant tolerant those sort of acts

What did Jarrad Waite get all those years ago for a headbutt that barely made contact? Was it 2 weeks? I can't remember.

Scratch that, it was one week:

They could have argued to the AFL Tribunal tonight that the big forward's action against Melbourne backman Tom McDonald was insufficient force to be reportable.

The match review panel assessed Waite's contact to McDonald's head during the first quarter on Sunday as intentional conduct with low impact.

Video evidence showed a field umpire, only a metre away, appeared not even to caution Waite and the Demon defender did not react to the slight contact.

So, Waite got a week for one where the umpire a metre away didn't think there was anything in it. I'm not going to make any predictions about what will happen to Smith, but this will be an interesting test of consistency.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bailey Smith needs to pull his head in and get a haircut.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back