Resource 2022 NMFC Membership thread - Final Tally: 50,191

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank you, but no pending twins luckily!! Just my 2 little gromets. The under 5 yr olds membership these days is called 'Future roos'.
'Harveys heroes'and 'Junior joeys' used to have a nicer ring to them

Ah, I thought you meant you had two on the way! :D Well, good on you for signing the gromets up anyway!

Yes, not long ago.

I politely declined.
They did a similar promo earler this year
Yes, not long ago.

I politely declined.
I thought that they did that promo months ago because I bought into it. I thought it was drawn already. Between that, buying all the book that they dispatched for the major raffle, my membership, and the $40 for the Box On Campaign ... that's been $540 for a whole lotta nothing in 2020. No wonder the Club announced that it had made a small profit today ;) Time to rethink my membership options me thinks. :think:

Hi guys

I messaged the membership department on Friday afternoon and asked them when the membership tally will be up on the members site.

They responded by telling me that it will be up sometime in December , which makes sense.
Perhaps a lot opted out of the auto-renewal process. I think that I'm getting duped by mine and not getting the latest or better packages accordingly. ATM my membership is doing nothing more for me than being an expensive club donation. Perhaps people are uncertain about the game venues, scheduling or if they'll even get into grounds or interstate venues in 2021. There's no 2021 game schedule yet and none likely until February where one assumes that the AFL might boldly announce the fixtures for the first 8 to 12 rounds.

Can any North AFL members fill me in about the AFL membership package?

I've been a Silver AFL member for over 5 years, still have another 10 or years to qualify for Gold. Although the only difference is guaranteed access to the grand final.

• Can enter any game (not just ours) at Marvel / MCG throughout the year - GA sections. Unlimited games.
  • Reserved seat upgrades start at around $9. Works well as a North supporter bc there's usually plenty of seats available.
  • They open some bays in the L1 AFL section (around the goal area) as GA but predominantly L3.
  • Can bring a friend into the AFL reserve section but that starts at around $40. Don't have to sit in the AFL reserve GA section though, can walk into the public GA area as well and sit with friends.
  • I receive the NMFC member pack each year. Get's counted as a NMFC member on the tally, your still on the database as a North member. but only a small portion of my payments go directly to the club.
  • First year membership is around $250 more expensive than subsequent years bc it includes a sign up fee.
Long story short it's only worth it if you also enjoy going to non north games and in it for the long run.

Last edited:
I've been a Silver AFL member for over 5 years, still have another 10 or years to qualify for Gold. Although the only difference is guaranteed access to the grand final.

• Can enter any game (not just ours) at Marvel / MCG throughout the year - GA sections. Unlimited games.
  • Reserved seat upgrades start at around $9. Works well as a North supporter bc there's usually plenty of seats available.
  • They open some bays in the L1 AFL section (around the goal area) as GA but predominantly L3.
  • Can bring a friend into the AFL reserve section but that starts at around $40. Don't have to sit in the AFL reserve GA section though, can walk into the public GA area as well and sit with friends.
  • I receive the NMFC member pack each year. Get's counted as a NMFC member on the tally, your still on the database as a North member. but only a small portion of my payments go directly to the club.
  • First year membership is around $250 more expensive than subsequent years bc it includes a sign up fee.
Long story short it's only worth it if you also enjoy going to non north games and in it for the long run.

Thanks FH18, this sounds like it's the right choice for me and I will chase it up.:thumbsu:

Just a reminder that if you're doing it to spite North's political and progressive movements, all of this still exists at an AFL HQ level, just 10 times larger.

I do not support the club, I support the AFL football team and the sport, and there's more likelihood of the money actually serving the sport if I go through the AFL.

My decades of involvement as a direct club member have come to an end. Others can do as they please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I'm looking at Melbourne memberships as I'm moving back home - seems to be very few options these days?

I've not had a local membership for ~4 years, but where are all the reserved seat options?

There seems to be only three "packages" available now. GA for $99, Level 1 non-reserve for $230 and Level 1 reserve for $565.

Am I missing something!?

Thanks FH18, this sounds like it's the right choice for me and I will chase it up.:thumbsu:
I have been a gold member (north affiliated) for a few years now.
Living in QLD, I get absolutely eff all for it but i originally got it as I used to like going to the GF's and once Gold, you are almost guaranteed that every year.
You live in Melbourne, so it'll allow you into 40 H&A games per year (from memory), so worth it if you enjoy the game (although modern games might suck the life out of you going 40 times!)
I took my Mrs to a nice dinner their once which also provided excellent seats on the level 1 wing at the G (for a fee of course)

So I'm looking at Melbourne memberships as I'm moving back home - seems to be very few options these days?

I've not had a local membership for ~4 years, but where are all the reserved seat options?

There seems to be only three "packages" available now. GA for $99, Level 1 non-reserve for $230 and Level 1 reserve for $565.

Am I missing something!?
Also on the Vic landing page the Level 1 reserve is listed as $470 but it actually $565

1605743522752.png

I have been a gold member (north affiliated) for a few years now.
Living in QLD, I get absolutely eff all for it but i originally got it as I used to like going to the GF's and once Gold, you are almost guaranteed that every year.
You live in Melbourne, so it'll allow you into 40 H&A games per year (from memory), so worth it if you enjoy the game (although modern games might suck the life out of you going 40 times!)
I took my Mrs to a nice dinner their once which also provided excellent seats on the level 1 wing at the G (for a fee of course)

I was certain it was unlimited entries when i signed up, has that changed since? not an issue though, 40 is still way more than i can attend.

I did hear they introduced a bronze level but that apparently has a lot of limitations.

I was certain it was unlimited entries when i signed up, has that changed since? not an issue though, 40 is still way more than i can attend.

I did hear they introduced a bronze level but that apparently has a lot of limitations.

Do you get an actual membership card?

haha

In the past yes, but I doubt there will be a card for 2021. Even if there is there definitely won't be for 2022. The world is forging ahead mate, need to keep up

I didn't ask for a hypothetical forecast mate.

The AFL hands out membership cards and I can only deduce there hasn't been any change up to this point in time.

Surely we could get sonja or laura to give him a call to sway hes decision?

Please, I'm one of the few around here that see through them and is hoonest enough to state it.

Wrong demographic for them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back