Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

weewilly

All Australian
Jul 18, 2003
Other Teams
Swans
How long before Ch 9 drop the direct telecast for RL and RU on their prime time on their main Melbourne channel after getting only 30,000 odd to both codes this week?

It is the highest attendance in nsw by a decent margin, first time they have cracked 40k this season.

There’s only 13 instances of a single regular season rugby league game hitting 45k in NSW in history, so it was a good effort for them.

weewilly

All Australian
Jul 18, 2003
Other Teams
Swans
It was the opening match at a brand new stadium so you would expect it to go close to a sellout!

Lets see how the crowds go for the H & A season next year!

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

weewilly

All Australian
Jul 18, 2003
Other Teams
Swans
A tale of two cities and football codes last night AFL Melbourne semi final 62,000 at the mighty G with one interstate team and RL Sydney 21,000 crammed into a small suburban ground way out in the backblocks!

The same will happen tonight and stupid V'Landys thinks the future of RL is as a second rate suburban Sydney comp playing out of small suburban grounds he knows nothing about how to promote a sport!!

The AFL also blew the RL out of the water with the TV ratings metro figures 800,000 # 2 overall on 7 to 509,00 for the RL on 9.

It is no wonder the AFL gets so much more for their media rights!

Aussie in exile

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 21, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne

weewilly

All Australian
Jul 18, 2003
Other Teams
Swans
Possibly, and inflation could bite a bit into the new TV deal. Time will tell and the next 2 years are going to be very interesting
And blabber mouth V'Landys knows that his basically second rate suburban Sydney comp won't get anywhere that an mount esp now the AFL consistently kills the RL in TV ratings like last night where the RL got just 48,000 across three states WA,SA and SA and the AFL still got 118,000 across Sydney and Brisbane!

SEVEN’S AFL: FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL FINALS #2Seven Network800,00050,000439,00068,000127,000117,000

8RUGBY LEAGUE FINAL SERIES QF1Nine Network509,000313,00025,000148,00012,00011,000

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
Comparing the two deals is a bit apples and oranges and too much for my tiny mind, but I call bullschitte on V’landys’ “card up his sleeve”.

Like they say, verbal agreements aren’t worth the paper they’re printed on.

RedV3x

It's about time some mods started being fair
Dec 14, 2015
It's about time some mods started being fair
AFL Club
Fremantle
Comparing the two deals is a bit apples and oranges and too much for my tiny mind, but I call bullschitte on V’landys’ “card up his sleeve”.
Like they say, verbal agreements aren’t worth the paper they’re printed on

Is this like any appeals court where they can actually vary the decision either way.
Could Fox say, there is a case for reducing NRL's payments.

May 13, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Brumbies, Socceroos

Ha, that's hilarious.
He really is a loser.

Sector 7G

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

Given the AFL has more games that go for significantly longer the I am surprised the gap in the pay deal isn't bigger.

NRL's free to air ratings are pumped up by regional numbers which would not be generating the same sort of ad revenue. In the Metro Friday nights often gets beaten by Gardening shows on the ABC.

weewilly

All Australian
Jul 18, 2003
Other Teams
Swans
Given the AFL has more games that go for significantly longer the I am surprised the gap in the pay deal isn't bigger.

NRL's free to air ratings are pumped up by regional numbers which would not be generating the same sort of ad revenue. In the Metro Friday nights often gets beaten by Gardening shows on the ABC.
Actually the AFL have 11 matches more @ 207 than the NRL including SOO on 196!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back