Preview 2022 Rd 11 Carlton vs Collingwood Sunday May 29 3:20PM AEST @MCG - Final Team Post #1018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m actually hoping Freo wins their games against the Demons and Lions so that we can start to push for top 2 instead of merely cementing top 4. Trying to avoid a final in Brisbane would be nice. But of course we have to win a lot of games first to get that opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I’d be thrilled to finish fourth and play the demonds in melbourne

You've gone way too strong on this but I share some of your concerns.

Don't have the stats but H seems to be either mark it or be out marked. Charlie either marks it or brings the ball to ground, allowing the smalls to go to work.

I have been critical of Harry staying in the contest if he doesn't mark the footy. Certainly we're keeping the ball better inside 50 in the last fortnight but it's hard to know if that's attributable to an increased intensity and confidence, Motlop into the side or Harry out of it.
Harry is taller than CC but I’m sure he is watching and saying I need to do more of what CC is doing, he has good enough agility to be 75% like CC after the marking contest if he doesn’t mark it.

Agree with this.

Was all over the park digging in, helping when and where needed, and for someone criticised for not enjoying pressure was often the one helping bail us out of it.

A very well worked 15ish kilometers last night.

Coincidentally, he was front and center during the footage of singing the song. If that's not a passionate Bluebagger who is finally finding his confidence and self belief that he belongs at the level then I don't know what it is. Really awesome sight to see.

That's 100% right. Has all the attributes, beginning to put it all together. The only thing that stands in his way and a great career is confidence. That kick in the third quarter to Fisher at half forward really split Sydney open. That's what he can do. Have the confidence to do it more often and he's arrived.

Jack Ginnivan meet Liam Stocker!

FTaszQKUcAImmy8

No doubt, but where was Young? 5m off. I don’t think we can judge Lob on Kpd efforts but against mids.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yes, let's judge him on the fact that as a winger he'd actually worked his ass off to get back inside 50m and put his body in front of a 2m tall forward. After literally sprinting up and down the wing all night to provide not only an attacking option but also to defend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, Collingwood have played some decent footy this year, but besides the "Carlton v Collingwood often ignores the formline" element, we should have them well and truly covered.

Their ruck stocks are in worse shape than ours.
Their only key defender likes to play 20m off his man and will happily allow him to take uncontested marked between 50 and 60m out.
They don't even have a key forward on their list.

TDK is hitting some solid form at the moment and will have Cameron covered in the centre circle.
Their backup ruck, assuming Cox misses, is a 19yo kid averaging about 3 hitouts a game (I know the kid personally, he does some lovely work on the deck for a young tall, but even JSOS would be getting the hitouts against him at this stage of his career).
Without a proper big forward target, Weiters and Young are going to have an easier time handing off and allowing one or the other to intercept.
If Moore wants to let Charlie go on searching leads up the ground, Charlie is going to kick 3+ goals from outside 50. Charlie is also no slouch when it comes to hitting up a teammate in the forward 50 either.

The Pies have defied expectations a little this year, but it's not sustainable. They beat some ordinary sides (Adelaide, Essendon and GC), lost to some average sides (Geelong, Richmond, Doggies), and gave West Coast their only win of the year. Their "best" results were beating St Kilda in R1, who started slowly, an honourable loss to Brisbane up north, and a grinding win over Freo in the wet.

We've got a 9-day break coming into this game, then a bye afterwards. Absolutely no reason to leave anything in the tank.

They're coming off a 7 day break from an interstate game, and have another two games after this before their bye - Hawthorn and Melbourne.

They'll try hard, but we'll torch them.
I don’t know, Cameron looked good again Darcy.

I don’t know, Cameron looked good again Darcy.

Different type of ruckman in pretty rubbish conditions. Same number of hitouts to advantage, but Darcy won twice as many general hitouts. Would have to review it more closely to see if the issue there was Darcy's ruckwork or just Collingwood playing the ground ball better.

TDK on a dry deck should hopefully jump all over him.

not game related but just came across night/dark mode..life changer.
can you tell me how to flick the light back on? been banging into sharp objects in the autopsy thread all day........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back