Preview 2022 Rd 11 Carlton vs Collingwood Sunday May 29 3:20PM AEST @MCG - Final Team Post #1018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our improvement has been palpable and encouraging, momentum exciting too, but there's a long way to go to entertain knocking off the power teams in full swing, most teams are improving as the season progresses, personal availability, evolution and tweaking of game plans and just plain day good luck.
Blues hopefully our performances galvanize further after the bye, keep the fingers crossed.

I dunno why but I have a feeling because he's been reasonably quiet the last 2 weeks and used as a ruck man and the Filth don't have great ruck depth with Grundy/Cox out.

Cripps will
R.c0e0664126743a24c4a0813a63d6566b

and absolutely smash their mids and have a heaps of disposals,kick a few goals and smash them at the clearances whilst playing purely as the contested beast he is and scare the crap out of the rest of the competition.

I dunno why but I have a feeling because he's been reasonably quiet the last 2 weeks and used as a ruck man and the Filth don't have great ruck depth with Grundy/Cox out.

Cripps will absolutely smash their mids and have a heaps of disposals,kick a few goals and smash them at the clearances whilst playing purely as the contested beast he is and scare the crap out of the rest of the competition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think with McKay set return later in the year you will be serious threat to go all the way. there, I said it and it tastes bitter but you can't deny the facts
nice try.....we know what you're up to!

Scrolling through this forum and seeing the amount of people worried about this game is concerning.
We are undoubtedly a much better team than Collingwood this year. Our midfield should dominate and our defence should is good enough. I would even play Young on Mihocek, enabling Weitering to play more of an intercepting role. Although their defence have us covered in the air, I can't see them getting a hold of Owies, Fisher, Durdin and Motlop.
Even if Collingwood play their best game of the season (which seems to happen against us), I would still back us to win

Yeah, Collingwood have played some decent footy this year, but besides the "Carlton v Collingwood often ignores the formline" element, we should have them well and truly covered.

Their ruck stocks are in worse shape than ours.
Their only key defender likes to play 20m off his man and will happily allow him to take uncontested marked between 50 and 60m out.
They don't even have a key forward on their list.

TDK is hitting some solid form at the moment and will have Cameron covered in the centre circle.
Their backup ruck, assuming Cox misses, is a 19yo kid averaging about 3 hitouts a game (I know the kid personally, he does some lovely work on the deck for a young tall, but even JSOS would be getting the hitouts against him at this stage of his career).
Without a proper big forward target, Weiters and Young are going to have an easier time handing off and allowing one or the other to intercept.
If Moore wants to let Charlie go on searching leads up the ground, Charlie is going to kick 3+ goals from outside 50. Charlie is also no slouch when it comes to hitting up a teammate in the forward 50 either.

The Pies have defied expectations a little this year, but it's not sustainable. They beat some ordinary sides (Adelaide, Essendon and GC), lost to some average sides (Geelong, Richmond, Doggies), and gave West Coast their only win of the year. Their "best" results were beating St Kilda in R1, who started slowly, an honourable loss to Brisbane up north, and a grinding win over Freo in the wet.

We've got a 9-day break coming into this game, then a bye afterwards. Absolutely no reason to leave anything in the tank.

They're coming off a 7 day break from an interstate game, and have another two games after this before their bye - Hawthorn and Melbourne.

They'll try hard, but we'll torch them.

Will be interesting if Pies try to play Cameron and Cox as their 2 rucks. JSOS against Cox. Just let Cox jump by himself and either play as an extra mid, or just wrap him straight up if he tries to take it out of the ruck.

Comfortable with Weiters doing a number on Mihocek, but worried about their medium/small fwds. Ginni, Elliot, Henry.
I'll back our mids to win most of the ball and starve their forward line, but we really need our other defenders to be aware of the ground ball if Weiters is preventing Mihocek from taking marks.
Should win by 30+, but stranger things have happened and there's been a bit of a run of better teams losing to lower opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back