2022 Richmond draft picks (& deathriding North)

Remove this Banner Ad

We are a bottom 4 side. Look how many we have won out of our last 12 games it is as bad as North.

Jhye Clark, Hollands and Tsatsas should be midfielders of interest for us, Jefferson a key forward that will be in our range. We need to try and manufacture at least 1 more top 10 pick if we can.

The only possible way we can get another 1st round pick is to allow a FA to leave and the only FA we have that would get us the 1st rounder is Jayden Short.

If we finish bottom 4-6 and he is offered enough to get us a 1st round compo i would let him walk

The only possible way we can get another 1st round pick is to allow a FA to leave and the only FA we have that would get us the 1st rounder is Jayden Short.

If we finish bottom 4-6 and he is offered enough to get us a 1st round compo i would let him walk

Why do people want to get rid of short? he’s 26 and just entered his prime years. He’s also one of our best backs with the biggest kick. I think he is still young enough to be around when we come back into contention in around 4 years.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Why do people want to get rid of short? he’s 26 and just entered his prime years. He’s also one of our best backs with the biggest kick. I think he is still young enough to be around when we come back into contention in around 4 years.

Yeh he is a potential AA, hard to find those players even with early picks

I can see both sides of this argument. Short has been phenomenal from 2018 onwards and is one of the best at gaining territory and hitting targets.

He also plays a position that we have significant cover for (Baker, Rioli, Ralphsmith and even Broad can play as the running HBF). Given the cover and the fact he might not be around for our next run at things I think that makes him somewhat expendable from a list management perspective (I personally wouldn't let him go).

I would be wanting something pretty significant though like a first after our first pick. End of round is pointless and you'd be better off trying to move someone else for a second if that were the case.

I can see both sides of this argument. Short has been phenomenal from 2018 onwards and is one of the best at gaining territory and hitting targets.

He also plays a position that we have significant cover for (Baker, Rioli, Ralphsmith and even Broad can play as the running HBF). Given the cover and the fact he might not be around for our next run at things I think that makes him somewhat expendable from a list management perspective (I personally wouldn't let him go).

I would be wanting something pretty significant though like a first after our first pick. End of round is pointless and you'd be better off trying to move someone else for a second if that were the case.

I’d only consider a top 10 pick, it’s so risky going to the draft we could draft a dud or somebody who isn’t even as good as short. I don’t think we have other guys that can cover his position as good as him right now.

If he gets offered the sort of money that would net us a first round pick then I don’t think with our salary cap we’d have the luxury of deciding either way

If he gets offered the sort of money that would net us a first round pick then I don’t think with our salary cap we’d have the luxury of deciding either way
That's probably where the club draws the line. Rebounding half backs aren't important enough to pay big money to, especially for us because our depth of defenders is very good.

If someone else offers Short enough to trigger first round compo, then we need to let him go.

Mitch Szybkowski looks a good player around our pick, Could be the perfect compliment to Sonsie going forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who the fook is that?
Captain of Dandenong, Big bodied inside mid, averaging 29 disposals so far this year. 186 cm and 84 kg. He is one of the better victorian mids.

DANDENONG Stingrays midfielder Mitch Szybkowski has started his 2022 NAB League season on fire, putting his name in lights as one of the competition’s premier inside ball winners. On Sunday, he returned another best afield performance in the Stingrays’ 17-point win over the Bendigo Pioneers at Queen Elizabeth Oval.

The strongly-built top-ager is relentless at the contest and has an incredibly clean set of hands, which combined with his strength make for terrific inside traits. Szybkowski’s past form and future potential were recognised with AFL Academy selection this year, and his appetite for hard work is paying off at this early stage.

Last edited:
Mitch Szybkowski looks a good player around our pick, Could be the perfect compliment to Sonsie going forward
By the time the draft comes he might end up being top 3 which is no good to us got the feeling we are going to end up with a pick that's not low enough to get us a elite midfielder like last year.

I’d like to draft somebody similar to Cripps.

Big bodied 190+cm and 90+kg clearance beast that’s captain material. He obviously will have to grow into these numbers. I’d be happy to trade up to get somebody like that.

I’d like to draft somebody similar to Cripps.

Big bodied 190+cm and 90+kg clearance beast that’s captain material. He obviously will have to grow into these numbers. I’d be happy to trade up to get somebody like that.

I mentioned Mitch Szybkowski earlier, 186 cm and 84kg, Will be that mold, Tsatas is 184 Cm. Elijah Hewett as well is 186 CM and 82 KG

I mentioned Mitch Szybkowski earlier, 186 cm and 84kg, Will be that mold, Tsatas is 184 Cm. Elijah Hewett as well is 186 CM and 82 KG

Those guys sound perfect. Just gotta wait and see if they are the best available of that type of player now.

one of the journos last night said he is about to sign a five year contract extension with us.
pic that is the case, we may as well pack up and anchor ourselves to the bottom four for years

one of the journos last night said he is about to sign a five year contract extension with us.
pic that is the case, we may as well pack up and anchor ourselves to the bottom four for years
I dont think we are bottom 4 but also we are not top 6-8 either
very precarious place to be and aggressive trading / drafting will be required this off season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back