Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes. He played when he had niggles - like every AFL footballer - and was rested when it become a bigger injury issue.
Actually it’s taken Tom to say I can’t do this anymore.
So once again we are letting the players make decisions.
There is no way around this issue we’ve stuff it up.
It’s been clear to all bar the coaching staff that Tom has been struggling.

Actually it’s taken Tom to say I can’t do this anymore.
So once again we are letting the players make decisions.
There is no way around this issue we’ve stuff it up.
It’s been clear to all bar the coaching staff that Tom has been struggling.
In the presser Nicks more or less said that they sat down with him and helped him make the decision. I read it as made the decision for him.

In the presser Nicks more or less said that they sat down with him and helped him make the decision. I read it as made the decision for him.
The presser I just listened to on here must be different to what you had. In the one I listened to Nicks said they took the decision out of Tom's hands. They made it for him

All while good clubs like Geelong benefit from our inability to nurture players with issues outside football.
Makes us look like we can't help players become the best version of themselves, why would you come here?

*Dollars would be the only reason right now.
Just says to me that a key pillar the coach comes in on is flawed. Or only stands if you’re on the clock.
His first presser was prioritise others. Yet the club can’t be counted on it.
Doedee been banged up. No prioritise others in selection because coaching panel scared win/loss to the board.
Its totally flawed ethos and there are so many examples.

TBH, I have almost no interesting in the Matt Crouch "situation" at this point. In fact the most interesting part of the Matt Crouch situation for me is how
little I care about the Matt Crouch situation.

I'm more concerned with how the No Thumb Sharks lawn bowls team are going to fare next season without Ben Davis then I am about how the Adelaide Crows are going to fare without Matt Crouch!

The presser I just listened to on here must be different to what you had. In the one I listened to Nicks said they took the decision out of Tom's hands. They made it for him
Nope same presser "we sat down and helped him make that decision"

Dunno why they just can't out and say we are rebuilding hes not in our long term plan... we all know it... if he plays he takes away Berry minutes who has been crushing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure I buy what Nicks is selling here. If there is no smoke surrounding Crouch, there is no reason to be standoffish about answering questions about him. This "I'm offended and won't be taking more questions about this" routine is making me lean toward the rumours being true.
He needed to go all Bevo on the Channel 9 reporter

You first said Tom made the decision. Lots of assuming going on
If the club said you’re not playing, guess what he’s not playing, nor is he then saying it’s a mutual decision.
You want to push for people to acknowledge that the club might not be wrong?
Then it’s probably best to do the same when the club stuffs up.

If the club said you’re not playing, guess what he’s not playing, nor is he then saying it’s a mutual decision.
You want to push for people to acknowledge that the club might not be wrong?
Then it’s probably best to do the same when the club stuffs up.
They should 100% have done this a month ago. But I doubt it was tom's decision or even a mutual decision nor should it be

Whether the decision gets made by the coaches, player, fitness boss, medical staff or a combination of all... we've demonstrated that what we're doing is wrong.

Heck, we ended Talia's career.

Need to reassess how we manage sore players.

the way everyone has carried on about how poorly it was handled by the club and nicks must feel real embarrassed. No doubt you won't admit you're wrong and you'll just say it still should've been handled differently

Did Nicks explain why we've gone unchanged (apart from one forced change) after conceding a 9 goal opening quarter, the Swans' best in 25 years?

Did Nicks explain why we've gone unchanged (apart from one forced change) after conceding a 9 goal opening quarter, the Swans' best in 25 years?
He has said, there's a time not too far away, where he'd like to settle the side .....who's missing out currently ?

Not Pedlar or Cook

Remove this Banner Ad

Back