List Mgmt. 2022 Trade, Draft, etc thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've already got a ducker in Spargo, and a few others that don't mind staging occasionally.
Leg speed is overrated imo. Blease and Hunt were fast, but dumb and had s**t skills. A good decision maker who can hit a target is 1000000x more valuable than some fast campaigner.
I agree that leg speed is overrated when we have the ball but defensively it's everything.

Oh FFS you've been incessantly whinging about us not improving our list. Then, we look like making trades to improve our list and it's "for the sake of trading".

Can never win with you.
I would've liked to have seen us offer up 3 first rounders for pick 1 (pick 13, our F1, freo F1) and get Cadman and have our key forward stocks sorted for the next 12 years.

I would've liked to have seen us offer up 3 first rounders for pick 1 (pick 13, our F1, freo F1) and get Cadman and have our key forward stocks sorted for the next 12 years.

I would offer 13 and F1 to North or Essendon for P3 or P4. Wouldn’t go more though to see if they bite.

So I'm supposed to all of a sudden rate Lachie Hunter and Schache just because ? They're not that good mate.

If we did nothing and just hit the draft with the Jackson picks I would've been more than happy with that when others here would've been complaining that we didn't bring in anyone.
We still have the Jacko picks.

We traded out some depth, got a little back, and got a great replacement ruck for Jacko.

Surely that makes you slightly happy?

1. Draft picks can be traded up until and during the draft
2. Mortaging our entire drafting future on one kid would be hideously irresponsible

You're effectively then trading Jackson and a first for an untried 18-year-old. That would be a shocking move

Jake Niall reporting the deal is looking likely, probably for a 3rd or future 3rd.
If we come out of this trade period with Grundy, Schache and Hunter, as well as three first-rounders, we've done incredibly well

Danster, you just told me a week ago you preferred Jefferson over Cadman, now you want to trade the farm for a guy you didnt even rate as the best KPF in the draft.. you change your opinions more than your underwear.

Im convinced this is just a bet hedging ploy by you to cover all bases so you can say you were right.

Hunter inching towards Demons​

By Jake Niall​

The Western Bulldogs and Melbourne are closing in on a trade for midfielder Lachie Hunter.
Lachie Hunter.

Lachie Hunter.CREDIT:GETTY IMAGES
Under the likely trade, Hunter would be traded for a third-round or future third-round pick.
The Dogs would potentially contribute to Hunter’s two-year contract though the deal is still being sorted.

Hunter inching towards Demons​

By Jake Niall​

The Western Bulldogs and Melbourne are closing in on a trade for midfielder Lachie Hunter.
Lachie Hunter.

Lachie Hunter.CREDIT:GETTY IMAGES
Under the likely trade, Hunter would be traded for a third-round or future third-round pick.
The Dogs would potentially contribute to Hunter’s two-year contract though the deal is still being sorted.

Massive, another salary dump? Could try do a sneaky P11 for P13 swap

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Draft picks can be traded up until and during the draft
2. Mortaging our entire drafting future on one kid would be hideously irresponsible

You're effectively then trading Jackson and a first for an untried 18-year-old. That would be a shocking move
It would be high risk. But picking Grundy on a 5 year contract at 29 is just a big a risk.

In terms of draft pick points it balances out in the calculator. Pick 1 for 3 mid-late firsts. At the moment, we have access to 0 elite talent in the next 2 drafts. Cadman gives us 1. So yeah it depends how we see things. It also depends on how many key forwards we think are on offer in next years draft.

Danster, you just told me a week ago you preferred Jefferson over Cadman, now you want to trade the farm for a guy you didnt even rate as the best KPF in the draft.. you change your opinions more than your underwear.

Im convinced this is just a bet hedging ploy by you to cover all bases so you can say you were right.
It was just a hypothetical trade. I do like Jefferson more. Happy to combine pick 13 with a future pick to get up to grab Jefferson. Who do you rate in the draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back