Status
Not open for further replies.

Saints43

Club Legend
Mar 18, 2010
Flemington
AFL Club
St Kilda
If we get another tall defender we have to let go of one of Battle, Howard or Wilkie. You'd almost have to trade one out to carry another one. Howard is the weakest link IMO.
You are proof that if you say something often enough it becomes fact.
I read you say Gresham can't kick, he just kicks it up in the air, a hundred times before simpletons started to repeat it.
Now that he's back playing and our best midfielder it never gets mentioned again.
You've done the same hatchet job on dougal and the same TV watchers are all over it again.
Well done.

Is the same as Mike Sheahan writing "St Kilda and Hawthorn should merge. It makes sense" every week for a year in the Sun in the 90s. Eventually thick heads who haven't thought about it repeat it to you in a pub.

Last edited:

botts

Premiership Player
Jun 11, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda
Depending on where we finish this year there are some genuine tall key forwards in this years first round. I think we need to take the focus off king with another marking target. Not sure if Sharman is that guy, still worth persisting with.

Sep 20, 2009
NSW
AFL Club
St Kilda
I read you say Gresham can't kick, he just kicks it up in the air a hundred times before simpletons started to repeat it.
Now that he's back playing and out best midfielder it never gets mentioned again.
You've done the same hatchet job on dougal and the same TV watches are all over it again.
Well done.

Is the same as Mike Sheahan writing "St Kilda and Hawthorn should merge. It makes sense" every week for a year in the Sun in the 90s. Eventually thick heads who haven't thought about it repeat it to you in a pub.
Gresham can kick, which is why it makes it even more frustrating when he throws it on the boot like an Auskick kid. His kicking has tightened up significantly, so why would it shock you that no one brings it up now?

Dougal Howard is a good defender but falls to pieces with the ball in his hands. Wilkie is pretty solid back there, and Battle is very capable.

Is it really a stretch to say Dougal is the weak link in our defense? He’s meant to be the main man.

Apr 24, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Can we get back to targeting some quality youngsters who can't crack into their team.

Worked for Steele, for Membrey.

Each year there's a Will Brodie or Peter Wright lamenting in the Magoo's, that'd be the type I'd be gunning for.

Start with Fisher McCasey this year, we need some KPD depth and someone to push Howard if he keeps playing like last week.

Target all Top 20 picks not getting a game. Min 1 per year

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app
Dunstan?

I read you say Gresham can't kick, he just kicks it up in the air, a hundred times before simpletons started to repeat it.
Now that he's back playing and our best midfielder it never gets mentioned again.
You've done the same hatchet job on dougal and the same TV watchers are all over it again.
Well done.

I’ve always defended Gresham and his kicking so it actually proves that some dickheads just make s**t up.

Howard is shithouse at the moment I didn’t invent it.

If you want proof of poor coaching someone suggested that when Dunny came in and ignored instruction by getting the ball in quick straight from the stoppage. If that was against instructions I’d hate to know what they were.

MrFoster

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
After yesterdays game we need Amon , DeGoey and Taranto.
Can we fit the whole 3 in our salary cap.
We need to fix our midfield asap.. forwards are not the problem.. Higgins, Butler, Membrey, King, Sharman, Gresham are ok forwards..

But need more consistent mids apart from Crouch, Steele, Ross.

Need 4 more that are AFL ready and can both attack and defend. Not seagulls that just sit on the outside..

We have Owens, Bytel, Winghager, Brynes that are developing, but need 2 more senior mids to help i think.

Would go for Brayshaw (Melbourne) and Amon (Still a bit outside but has good skills).

Finally, make a decision on Clark and Coffield. Are they mids or half back flankers.. we’re still none the wiser after 5 years, the coaches need to make a call.

The coaches are too soft and reactive for too long… standards need to be raised, missing a simple target need to be stamped out.. players should be cut for not good enough.. but in a team when you’re measured on effort and pressure, skills are only secondary.. really explains the last 10 years.. always thought the same thing when Ratten told us the game plan only needs a slight tween and no wholesale changes required, this is what we get.. Richo lite.. a father figure for a coach but the same dumb game plan.

Dard Ball Get

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
May 23, 2016
W.A
AFL Club
St Kilda
Tarryn Thomas would fit right in, doesn’t give two f*cks
2C5FF05B-95FE-4937-BD62-90A87A7CD1E2.jpeg

puppy_dog7

Premiership Player
Jul 29, 2007
AFL Club
St Kilda
All the people in this thread that carry on that we should do whatever we can to get Taranto have no ******* idea.

He’s absolutely not what we need. Another slow midfielder with s**t kicking skills that isn’t even good enough to start in the middle for the Giants.

We need fit hard running players with confidence and a bit of campaigner in them.

Dard Ball Get

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
May 23, 2016
W.A
AFL Club
St Kilda
All the people in this thread that carry on that we should do whatever we can to get Taranto have no ******* idea.

He’s absolutely not what we need. Another slow midfielder with s**t kicking skills that isn’t even good enough to start in the middle for the Giants.

We need fit hard running players with confidence and a bit of campaigner in them.
I’m all ears.

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
Gresham can kick, which is why it makes it even more frustrating when he throws it on the boot like an Auskick kid. His kicking has tightened up significantly, so why would it shock you that no one brings it up now?

Dougal Howard is a good defender but falls to pieces with the ball in his hands. Wilkie is pretty solid back there, and Battle is very capable.

Is it really a stretch to say Dougal is the weak link in our defense? He’s meant to be the main man.
Gresham can kick when he lowers his eyes and hits targets within his range, he kicks mongrel punts when he tries to go long just as he did in the tac. He’s also a little slow for a man of his size but incredibly agile, I still think his best football will be a forward who rotates through the midfield.

Howard looses his man, looses his feet just about every week and while he’s a booming kick his decision making is poor and he’s slow to move the ball on. His little routine of showing the ball last night speaks volumes, needs to be reminded exactly what’s expected of him. On a hiding to nothing last night with our mids getting smashed and Sydney moving the ball so easily it’s wonder buddy didn’t kick 10.

Whatever happens in the trade period we need to find a elite midfielder and a key position player.

Two small pressure forwards who score. Richmond have a few that are on the outer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back