List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the only other number that was available for him would have been #5 but that went to Crouch.

Maybe Higgo sees #22 as a "half Milney" or a "Two Spud Frawley" type tribute? Or maybe he wants to make #22 a famous number for the next generation?

Or maybe he doesn't GAF about numbers and was just happy to live the boyhood dream.
Hate to say it, but it's eventually likely to be the number of fingers he sees the doctor holding up if he keeps having his head slammed into the turf 3-4 times a game when he dares to touch the ball.

I think the only other number that was available for him would have been #5 but that went to Crouch.

Maybe Higgo sees #22 as a "half Milney" or a "Two Spud Frawley" type tribute? Or maybe he wants to make #22 a famous number for the next generation?

Or maybe he doesn't GAF about numbers and was just happy to live the boyhood dream.
Maybe he’s a Simon O’Donnell fan?

I know a lot of people here hold Howard in high esteem.... I'm not one of them. He does some good things on a footy field but he's a dumb footballer at times... too often imo.

I think we should try to find better.
He's pretty handy as a defender, but gives me the same feeling Raph Clark used to give me once he has the ball in his hands. He shouldn't be taking the kick ins, either.

I know a lot of people here hold Howard in high esteem.... I'm not one of them. He does some good things on a footy field but he's a dumb footballer at times... too often imo.

I think we should try to find better.

He's getting the rhys stanley treatment.

We need him to play a position he's not fantastic at- with rhys it was as a forward, with dougal it's as an accountable FB.

Dougal is making an ok go of it as a FB (like rhys did at times as a fwd), but his natural instincts to attack, plus his lack of strength in wrestles with full forwards are always going to limit him.

Stanley has gotten the best out of himself playing as a ruck, i'm convinced dougal would do similarly at CHB if we could find a marcus adams or tom barrass type to play lockdown FB.

Ha, I've been thinking exactly that for the last few weeks but kept forgetting to post it. No thanks. She seems quite a strong figure too, so I'm not sure a 25 year old lad would willingly go to the same workplace unless he was really lost and needed chicken soup and a cuddle every day.

I'm not that into Karl Amon but not against him either.

All indigenous people are different but family is huge for a lot of them. For a lot of mobs it's culturally very important to be around your people. It's one thing that has survived in their culture despite a lot having been destroyed.

He's pretty handy as a defender, but gives me the same feeling Raph Clark used to give me once he has the ball in his hands. He shouldn't be taking the kick ins, either.

We need him to play a position he's not fantastic at- with rhys it was as a forward, with dougal it's as an accountable FB.

Dougal is making an ok go of it as a FB (like rhys did at times as a fwd), but his natural instincts to attack, plus his lack of strength in wrestles with full forwards are always going to limit him.

Stanley has gotten the best out of himself playing as a ruck, i'm convinced dougal would do similarly at CHB if we could find a marcus adams or tom barrass type to play lockdown FB.
We have the 3rd best defence according to the ladder and do it behind a pretty average midfield. I get what is being said here, but overall our defence has been very good this year and Howard is a big part of that.
He plays on the best forward each week and will have goals kicked on him because of this, but I can’t remember the last game he had a bag kicked on him? He’s doing well in my opinion, for him to do better I’d be fixing the midfield.

I really really really hope we don't, even 1%, slow down our efforts to sign an A grade gun mid "because we have jones".

Yes, when fit and in form he has looked exactly the kind of guy we want/need.

But it's a complete illusion, he'll never stay on the park long enough to be an integral part of our midfield.

We haven't sunk much in terms of cap or picks into getting him, we'd be massive idiots at this point if our list planning and trade target strategy revolves around jones being in the team.

By all means, keep him on the list and hope/pray that he isn't hanners mk2.
That will be a nice bonus if he isn't.

But please stkilda...plan your trade targets as if zac jones does not exist.

Pretend jones doesn't exist + recognise gresh needs a 50/50ish mid/fwd split in order to shine brightest... and suddenly our midfield looks disgusting if we are serious about winning a flag in the next few years while steele and marshall are in their prime.

Makes throwing the sink at a guy like taranto look like good business.

Jones' best games were elite quality last year, he's not played the same this year. I'm not sure if it's because we've put Ross back around the ball in his role or just his staggered season but he's like the quiet games he played last year every week.

Last year against the Hawks he had 37 possessions and 2.1..... 7 of his 13 games he had over 25 possessions. This year he's averaging about 21 touches and his best game was 23.

He was confused then, he's got pics in our kit. His grandfather played for us.
I'm sure in that clip he said he followed the Saints

If we get another tall defender we have to let go of one of Battle, Howard or Wilkie. You'd almost have to trade one out to carry another one. Howard is the weakest link IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like Taranto is going to be pushed out the door which is insane imo. We 100% should be offering up our first this year (roughly pick 12-15) to get him. Make Taranto nominate us and gws won’t have a leg to stand on cos they need him out the door. He is 10x the player Zac jones is, he’s still very young and he kicks goals. Would be irresponsible to not have a crack. I can’t see us winning a premiership with our current midfield. Keep our main core this year then add Taranto and maybe a free agent like Amon could be enough to tip us into contenders.

B: Paton Howard Wilkie
Hb: Sinclair battle hill
C: Amon crouch wanganeen
Hf: Gresham membrey Higgins
F: butler king Marshall
Foll: Ryder Steele Taranto
Int from: Webster coffield Clark billings Owens windhager Sharman long wood Byrnes Bytel Jones Heath highmore leinert hayes McKenzie Ross

Sounds like Taranto is going to be pushed out the door which is insane imo. We 100% should be offering up our first this year (roughly pick 12-15) to get him. Make Taranto nominate us and gws won’t have a leg to stand on cos they need him out the door. He is 10x the player Zac jones is, he’s still very young and he kicks goals. Would be irresponsible to not have a crack. I can’t see us winning a premiership with our current midfield. Keep our main core this year then add Taranto and maybe a free agent like Amon could be enough to tip us into contenders.

B: Paton Howard Wilkie
Hb: Sinclair battle hill
C: Amon crouch wanganeen
Hf: Gresham membrey Higgins
F: butler king Marshall
Foll: Ryder Steele Taranto
Int from: Webster coffield Clark billings Owens windhager Sharman long wood Byrnes Bytel Jones Heath highmore leinert hayes McKenzie Ross
ridiculous to be getting rid of him, but yes, I'd pursue him for sure.

All indigenous people are different but family is huge for a lot of them. For a lot of mobs it's culturally very important to be around your people. It's one thing that has survived in their culture despite a lot having been destroyed.
This may sound racist but he is a city indigenous player. My daughter knew him very well when he was younger. He isn’t the typical mob type aboriginal just like Nick Winmar wasn’t. When he lived with our family he really made no real attempt to get home at every opportunity and when delisted went straight to Sydney with his girlfriend. Amon doesn’t rush home at every opportunity but of course gets home occasionally as he is only in Adelaide. His dad who is white is the one that gets over to Adelaide when he can.

If we get another tall defender we have to let go of one of Battle, Howard or Wilkie. You'd almost have to trade one out to carry another one. Howard is the weakest link IMO.
He also gets the hardest job. It’s not like he gets trashed weekly. Our backline has clearly been the best area all year and by some margin.

Didn’t Sam Collins train with us after Freo delisted him? Would have been perfect FB.
Would

This may sound racist but he is a city indigenous player. My daughter knew him very well when he was younger. He isn’t the typical mob type aboriginal just like Nick Winmar wasn’t. When he lived with our family he really made no real attempt to get home at every opportunity and when delisted went straight to Sydney with his girlfriend. Amon doesn’t rush home at every opportunity but of course gets home occasionally as he is only in Adelaide. His dad who is white is the one that gets over to Adelaide when he can.

It’s probably fair. I know my cousin moved home to be near family and he was a city guy. And I know another family that are very close but it’s a small sample size.

Soooooo.... two hypotheticals....

1) you can have one of BKing, Taranto or JDG. Who do you have?

2) you can have two of BKing,Taranto or JDG. Who do you have?

For mine..... Taranto, and the combo of Taranto and JDG....

Soooooo.... two hypotheticals....

1) you can have one of BKing, Taranto or JDG. Who do you have?

2) you can have two of BKing,Taranto or JDG. Who do you have?

For mine..... Taranto, and the combo of Taranto and JDG....
Taranto for me. The king twins would be a great story but my gut says for list reasons if we get another forward they should be a different type. Look at Say Cameron and Hawkins for Geelong at the moment, or when Buddy and Roughy were at the hawks. I'd still support the choice though. DeGoey will bring media attention and off field BS and maybe a couple of games where he goes full Apex Predator. Taranto would be my choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back