List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, when we pitched to DeGoey his team were impressed and very seriously looked at the proposal. They were even impressed that our offer was not much more than Collingwoods.
If the pressure hadn't come from us, the Magpies would have gotten away with a much stronger and cheaper contract.
Not saying pressure would not have come from other interested parties, however the Saints were the ones most serious.

Comes to pass our pitch wasn't taken up, however I don't see how we made a hash of it, DeGoey's first choice was Collingwood but it seemed they were pushing him out, they were forced to up the offer.
Who knows Collingwood might push him out in a year or two, like they do as they have SC problems, ask Treloar and Grundy how valid a long term contract is.
I agree with all of that, especially the last point. It will be interesting to see what happens in a couple of years if Degoey gets injured, misbehaves or loses form at a time when Daicos x2 and Moore are wanting big pay rises and they are still paying for Grundy and Treloar.

Would be hard to fit all of Battle, Howard, Wilkie and Payne in backline but feel we need to improve our KPD stocks

Yeah I think it would be Payne competing with battle and Howard for a spot. Bring in Payne and tell Dougal "if you try and side step the man on the mark one more ******* time you're out for a month" and Payne can get a run.

I was relieved to hear De Goey had re-signed at the pies, but it's nteresting that the only report on the story is that a Seven journo 'understands' he has re-signed.
No one else seems to be running with it as a fact - is it just a formality that he hasn't put pen to paper yet or is there more to it?

I was relieved to hear De Goey had re-signed at the pies, but it's nteresting that the only report on the story is that a Seven journo 'understands' he has re-signed.
No one else seems to be running with it as a fact - is it just a formality that he hasn't put pen to paper yet or is there more to it?
Wouldn't Collingwood have made a big deal of it on their social media if JDG had signed?

Gags on the radio in the next hour. Who calling up and asking all the hunter Clark questions

Would be hard to fit all of Battle, Howard, Wilkie and Payne in backline but feel we need to improve our KPD stocks
I don't understand what the logic is here, and I'm not singling you out as there are plenty that believe the same. What's the issue with having 2 genuine KPD's like most other successful teams have had since time eternal?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't understand what the logic is here, and I'm not singling you out as there are plenty that believe the same. What's the issue with having 2 genuine KPD's like most other successful teams have had since time eternal?
Which teams have 2 genuine KPD talls that dont equate to what we have?

May, Lever and Petty probably fill the quota (although May is shorter than most people think).

Geelong won a flag with one genuine key position backman and three dudes who float around short.

Ultimately its a structure thing if were going Doogs, Battle and Wilkie as the third then bringing in another means one of them doesnt play or the new guy doesnt play or were completely re doing our backline structure.

No issue with having 2 KPD's.
Probably more of an issue with having Battle and Wilkie beside those 2. Suppose we could leave out one of Webster or Paton and play Wilkie small?

No issue with having 2 KPD's.
Probably more of an issue with having Battle and Wilkie beside those 2. Suppose we could leave out one of Webster or Paton and play Wilkie small?
Would be a waste to play Wilkie small given he'd be a better defender and have a better record than the guy who would be replacing him on the Cameron/Walker/Curnow types.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back