List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Season 4 Sleep GIF by The Simpsons

homer simpson sleeping GIF

Hunter Clark has left the impression that he wants to stay despite real interest from North Melbourne.

The 23-year-old has one year left on his contract.

St Kilda said they have had no communication from the Kangaroos on Bradley Hill, however.

The Hawthorn premiership player has been a whipping boy at times since joining the Saints but he remains a required player.

“I’ve had plenty of open discussion with Brad about his footy and what he wants to achieve and how happy he is and where he wants to play his footy for the rest of his career. All indications are that’s at St Kilda,” Gallagher said.

“He’s played a lot of good footy for us but probably not been quite as consistent as we need him to be. In fairness, he had some mates this year there.

“There’s a lot more in Brad so we’d love to explore that and get him as close as he can to his best footy. He’s not easily replaceable, Brad, so that’s our intention at the moment.”
Sounds like Clark was interested is leaving before the Clarko news broke and now he would prefer to stay.

I said nothing about Thomas , why bring that up , Id still have 2mtr and Louge over hunter any day , plus the ones you mentioned

Missed Logue and was trying to respond to two posts with one post. Logue seems like more of what we already have. Another sub 195cm KPD. Seems the view on here is we need more than one 195cm+ KPD, and most of the suggested names at getting another KPD are sub 195cm (Hartigan, Gardiner, Tomlinson, others). I suggested someone who would be available and plus 195cm (Josh Walker) and was shouted down.

Essendon got Wright for a fourth rounder. So to say he is a preferable pick 8 to Hunter Clark is kind of redundant - his most recent draft value assessment was more like pick 60. Essendon are getting value for that to be sure.

On the record: if North offered pick 8 (which of now they don't have) for Clark straight up, I'd certainly consider it. But I'm not sure I would take it, which is to say it's not an immediate yes from me at this stage.

The attraction as far as I can see would be the opportunities having pick 8 & 9 would offer in moving one of the picks higher. Clark and Coffield were 7 & 8 - not sure what trading Clark just to try the same strategy would be good for.

I don't really see the point in trading our unrealised talent for someone else's unrealised talent.

And at least Clark has an excuse for not reaching the heights yet - getting your face smashed in twice in 12 months can set you back a step or 2.

The only excuse Thomas has is that he ended up at North.

Rawlings "We are willing to put something on the table for Hunter if Saints are willing to have a chat". Just lol..Norf seems to think that we are desperate to get him out...if you are interested in getting a contracted player then someone needs to tell him that ball is in their court..
Sounds like Rawlings is one of the Norf board posters. They wonder why they are a rabble

Missed Logue and was trying to respond to two posts with one post. Logue seems like more of what we already have. Another sub 195cm KPD. Seems the view on here is we need more than one 195cm+ KPD, and most of the suggested names at getting another KPD are sub 195cm (Hartigan, Gardiner, Tomlinson, others). I suggested someone who would be available and plus 195cm (Josh Walker) and was shouted down.

Essendon got Wright for a fourth rounder. So to say he is a preferable pick 8 to Hunter Clark is kind of redundant - his most recent draft value assessment was more like pick 60. Essendon are getting value for that to be sure.

On the record: if North offered pick 8 (which of now they don't have) for Clark straight up, I'd certainly consider it. But I'm not sure I would take it, which is to say it's not an immediate yes from me at this stage.

The attraction as far as I can see would be the opportunities having pick 8 & 9 would offer in moving one of the picks higher. Clark and Coffield were 7 & 8 - not sure what trading Clark just to try the same strategy would be good for.
Logue can play on bigger blokes like May as he is strong unlike most of our guys the same height and also Cox from the bombers is going the be a beauty , Doesn't matter what number 2mtr was traded out , still more valuable than hunter ATM

Making a play for Liam Jones?

Yes you get it, and most get it.

Presently I and you and most don't rate him as a pick 8.

That is not the argument. I wish people would at least try and understand what we are saying on this instead of ' Anyone who thinks Clark is worth pick 8 hAs rOcKs iN tHeIr hEaDs'. :rolleyes:
He is not worth pick 8

But north just might be on tilt.
They can sell Hunter to their fans but an 18 year old who will show glimpses for two years might not keep them from going bust.

It’s 8 or nothing

And at least Clark has an excuse for not reaching the heights yet - getting your face smashed in twice in 12 months can set you back a step or 2.

If the club believes Clarke isn’t athletic or driven enough to play as a midfielder than they should take pick 8 if offered. We have plenty of halfbacks and pick 8 gives a chop at a very good mid or tall forward/defender which is a need. Doubt pick 8 would be offered though.

Clark.. replace a dinted bauble but shiny and colourful with a lucky dip.....that's what I see with pick 8.

Reading posters on here sounds like he got told what the club thinks of him and it is probably the first time he has not had sunshine blown up his arse.

I can understand him getting really pissed off after all he had his face caved in playing for the same club that is now giving him tough love. Probably pissed off enough to go and test the market...does not mean that he leaves.

We all have times like this in our life and it is how we respond after our ego has cooled down is what matters.

He is worth more to us than what any club sees as value the other way. So he stays in my book puts in a big pre season with one Lennie Hayes guidance and see how it goes from there.

He can run away and hide for a couple of years at another club or win real respect from his existing club mates.

I think HC is made of stronger stuff than we think.

I also think North is a retrograde step for HC. The BS re Clarkson and JHF makes me sad for North supporters and I wouldn't want an enemy choosing to go there

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd take Clark any day over Thomas

Funny that North fans scoffed at a future 2nd for Thomas though...

Apparently that is what they think Clark is worth

Logue can play on bigger blokes like May as he is strong unlike most of our guys the same height and also Cox from the bombers is going the be a beauty , Doesn't matter what number 2mtr was traded out , still more valuable than hunter ATM
Not so sure about that

I'd have Wilkie on a key forward before Logue

Freo often played him on smaller players. He can play on bigger players (as can Wilkie and Battle) but id hardly say he's any better than those two at it.

So Gags says we've got a tall on our radar but no link?

Also suggested with our cap space we might be able to do something. Bowes?

Club seems to be keeping things fairly under wraps this year. Hopefully we have some half decent irons in the fire.

Sounds like Rawlings is one of the Norf board posters. They wonder why they are a rabble
Wants a stupid haul for hf etc, thinks a junk pick will net Logue and so on. I’m critical of Gallagher for paying overs and accepting unders but at least he’s on planet earth. Who knows maybe bell in Fremantle‘s crazy pursuit of Jackson will give a few away but I doubt it.

Not so sure about that

I'd have Wilkie on a key forward before Logue

Freo often played him on smaller players. He can play on bigger players (as can Wilkie and Battle) but id hardly say he's any better than those two at it.
That's also because they had other big backs to play on the bigger guys and the fact that Logue is nibble enough to play on smaller blokes , yes Willke can play on the taller types , not so sure Battle can

That's also because they had other big backs to play on the bigger guys and the fact that Logue is nibble enough to play on smaller blokes , yes Willke can play on the taller types , not so sure Battle can
I think if we are keen on another key defender we need a 196 plus guy that will play on the big guys

Logue is the same as what we have. A poor man's Wilkie IMO

Wants a stupid haul for hf etc, thinks a junk pick will net Logue and so on. I’m critical of Gallagher for paying overs and accepting unders but at least he’s on planet earth. Who knows maybe bell in Fremantle‘s crazy pursuit of Jackson will give a few away but I doubt it.
If they pay anything of substance for Logue they are silly

They made a huge mistake giving up 19 for CCJ when they had the threat of the PSD there in front of them. He ended up playing half the year in the VFL.

Logue is handy but he has been thrown around a but and dropped through the year.

I'd be playing hard ball and offering a junk pick too.

Bell likes to play hard ball, he'd do exactly the same if the shoe was on the other foot

Remove this Banner Ad

Back